P NEXTXavier: Faces Clemson in the tournament semifinals Friday.Missouri: Fa | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mai 5 '19
PORTLAND, Ore. Cheap Air Max 97 Australia Sale . -- The odds stacked against his underdog side, Croatian captain Zeljko Krajan was brimming with confidence Sunday morning before the reverse singles match in the Davis Cup quarterfinal tie against United States.Marin Cilic and Borna Coric backed up their captains belief in a stirring rally, winning matches to give Croatia a 3-2 comeback victory at the Tualatin Hills hard courts.Today, I knew they were going to bring the quality, Krajan said.Cilic got in started, beating John Isner 7-6 (11-9), 6-3, 6-4. Coric then topped Jack Sock 6-4, 3-6, 6-3, 6-4.The U.S. lost for the fourth time in 161 tries when leading 2-0 lead in a Davis Cup tie.After the United States swept the singles matches Friday, Cilic and Ivan Dodig kept Croatia alive Saturday with a four-set victory over twins Bob and Mike Bryan in doubles.Its really unbelievable, Krajan said. I would say shocked from this win. Looking back on Friday and being 2-love down and then playing against the Bryans yesterday, it didnt look very positive for us.Croatia will host France -- a 3-1 winner at the Czech Republic -- in the World Group semifinals Sept. 16-18. Croatia reached the semifinals for the first time since 2009. It won its only Davis Cup title in 2005.In the other semifinal, defending champion Britain will host Argentina.Cilic set the tone for the comeback against Isner, a decision that was closer than the score indicated. Cilic won a marathon tiebreaker in the opening set, then broke Isners serve once in the next two sets to pull out the win.The opening set was riveting. Isner was hot, allowing Cilic to win only one point during his first 25 serves. But the American was unable to break Cilic, forcing a tiebreaker. Cilic won a couple points off Isners serve late in the tiebreaker to pull out an 11-9 win, setting off a torrent of emotion along the Croatia sideline.That was definitely a tough task, but I stayed in there mentally, Cilic said. I was very, very focused.Isner was clearly disappointed he didnt get the jump on Cilic.The first set was critical. Felt like I definitely was the better player in the first set. Didnt get paid off, but thats on me. He came up with the goods when he needed it. That gave him a lot of confidence, I think, Isner said.U.S. captain Jim Courier disagreed that momentum swayed in Croatias favor after Cilic pulled out the first set.Thats not the way we look at it. First sets can be critical ... these matches are won on small margins. There are a couple points that go our way, and were sitting here with a smile on our face instead of a little disappointment, Courier said.Unlike Fridays first singles match, when Cilic lost after leading Sock by two sets, the worlds No. 12-ranked player finished off Isner by breaking him in the ninth game to pull out a 6-4 win.Cilic is 6-0 against Isner.The 19-year-old Coric is becoming a reliable closer for Croatia. It was the second time this year Coric won a fifth and deciding match to win a Davis Cup tie.I have to be honest. I like that kind of situation, Coric said. I like it more than playing on Court 27 somewhere, somewhere far away from the crowd. I just like the big stage more, when its more important.After splitting the first two sets against Sock, Coric won the final two sets by breaking the Americans serves four times. Corics performance was decidedly stronger than his three-set loss to Isner on Friday.I was much more relaxed, Coric said. I was hitting the ball, going for the points. I just wasnt waiting for him to miss, because I knew I cannot play like that because hes going to kill me with the forehand.Sock, who beat Cilic in a five-setter Friday, was upbeat despite dropping the finale.Obviously, I had chances and opportunities that I didnt convert. Thats tennis. Some days its firing and some days theyre missing a little bit. He played a great match, Sock said.Croatia is 4-0 in Davis Cup ties against the United States. Air Max 97 Australia For Sale Cheap . The nimble-footed quarterback got his wish, dashing through the snow and a weary defence all the way into the NCAA record book. Cheap Air Max 97 Online .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. http://www.cheapairmax97australia.com/ . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. --Edmond Sumners free throw with 0.3 seconds left in overtime gave the Musketeers an 83-82 win over Missouri in the opening round of the Tire Pros Invitational on Thursday. He was fouled after Xavier inbounded near midcourt, after a heady timeout that Macura called to give his team a chance to set something up at the end.Sumner was fouled by Missouris Terrence Phillips as both went for the ball along the sideline on the deciding play. He missed the first one short, then rattled in the second for the win.Frankie Hughes scored 24 points for Missouri (1-1), and Kevin Puryear finished with 22 points and 10 rebounds. Phillips scored seven of his 21 points in overtime for Missouri, which never got off a desperation shot after Sumners deciding free throw.I think he was just being aggressive, Missouri coach Kim Anderson said. Im sure hed love to take it back, but you know what? He made a lot of great plays to get us to where we were, so if it wasnt for that it wouldnt come down to that play.Missouri led by 10 in the first half and held the lead most of the second half, but needed to scramble both late in regulation and then from an early five-point deficit in overtime. Missouri went on a 7-0 run late to grab the lead, but Macura made two free throws with 17.8 seconds remaining to tie the ggame for the 15th and final time. Cheap Air Max 97 Australia. A great basketball game, first of all, Anderson said. I thought our guys did a lot of great things and played one of the top 10 or 15 teams in the country toe-to-toe.BIG PICTUREXavier: It was the second time in three games that the Musketeers were put to the test -- they beat Lehigh 84-81 to open the season last week. ... Xavier missed its last 12 3-pointers, shooting 2 for 22 in the game from long range.Missouri: Hughes is averaging 23.5 points after two games. Only 10 Missouri players have managed to go their entire freshman season averaging more than 10 points. ... The Tigers were outrebounded 52-39.HELLO, AGAINThis is the third straight season that Xavier and Missouri have played.Xavier won 74-58 at Missouri on Dec. 13, 2014, in the start of what was going to be a two-game series, and prevailed again at home 78-66 exactly one year before this meeting -- Nov. 17, 2015.Missouri will be in that position with another non-conference foe later this season, when it meets Arizona for the third consecutive year.UP NEXTXavier: Faces Clemson in the tournament semifinals Friday.Missouri: Faces Davidson in the consolation semifinals Friday. ' ' '