efender is in line to make a shock return against the Jets.Glory sit in fifth spot on | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 6 '19
DAVIE, Fla. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys . -- Isaiah Pead is the Miami Dolphins leading rusher this preseason, and there are other ways to measure his rising stock as he challenges for a roster spot and perhaps even a spot in the running back rotation.Early this year Pead was out of the NFL, living with his mom and distressed by his unfulfilled potential as a former second-round draft pick.There was time when I sat back and said, `Man, what happened? he said Monday. Then you wake up the next day and get to work.Pead considered looking for a regular job or starting a trucking company back home in Columbus, Ohio. Instead he continued to work at football, staying in shape and trying out whenever teams beckoned.He estimates he worked out for eight or 10 teams this past offseason before receiving a contract offer from the Dolphins in March, and he has made plenty of positive plays in the drills, practices and practice games since.It just seems like every time he touches the ball, something good happens for us, coach Adam Gase said.Pead has had a strong training camp at an unsettled position. First-team running back Jay Ajayi is unproven, second-teamer Arian Foster is coming back from Achilles tendon surgery, and neither was impressive in the first two preseason games.By contrast, Pead had a 45-yard run and a 30-yard reception Friday at Dallas. In two games he has 98 yards rushing in 14 carries, a 7.0 average. Ajayi and Foster have combined for 20 yards in 10 carries, a 2.0 average.Pead is trying to help his chances with the Dolphins by playing on four special teams units, something he never did in high school or at the University of Cincinnati.This league is special, Pead said. To be in this league, youve got to be a special person. I always knew I could play in this league. It was just a matter of capitalizing on opportunities. Heres one.Quarterback Ryan Tannehill said Pead is doing his best to take advantage of the chance.I didnt know a whole lot about him, Tannehill said. But he has really impressed me since he has been here with the way he works. Hes constantly out there working.Pead was drafted 50th overall in 2012 by the St. Louis Rams but carried the ball only 19 times for them and missed the 2014 season because of a knee injury.After the Rams released him last September, he signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers but never saw action.It teaches you the downside of how this league can be, Pead said.Already discouraged by a succession of unsuccessful tryouts last spring, he wasnt optimistic about landing a deal after he worked out for the Dolphins.I dropped a couple of balls, I stumbled a few times, Pead said. I texted my agent, `I think I blew this one.Miami called later that day with a contract offer.We knew his background, Gase said. He did enough in the workout. It wasnt as bad as he was making it out to be. He did well enough for us to say, `Lets give this guy a shot, and he has made the most of it.When Peads career is done, he still plans to start a business with dump trucks or semis, but now hes thinking he might base his company in South Florida.I love it down here, Pead said with a grin, hopeful he has finally found an NFL home.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Steven Wine on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Steve-Wine His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/steven-wine Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Store . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. Cheap Soccer Jerseys China . At a Manhattan federal court hearing, attorney Jordan Siev said his law office has gotten more evidence nearly every day to support its lawsuit accusing MLB and Selig of going on a "witch hunt" to ruin Rodriguezs reputation and career. He said the defendants went "way over the line. http://www.cheapsoccerjerseys.co/ . LUCIE, Fla. Perth Glory striker Adam Taggart says the Newcastle Jets will always have a special place in his heart, but hell be aiming to inflict maximum pain on his former side in Saturday nights A-League clash at nib Stadium.Taggarts two-year stint at the Jets helped launch his international career, with his 16-goal haul in the 2013/14 campaign landing him the Golden Boot award and a Socceroos call-up.Injuries blighted Taggarts two-years in the UK (Fulham and Dundee United on loan) after that, and a niggling calf injury grounded him for five games earlier this season.But after negotiating his way through the past three games off the bench, Taggart says hes ready for a starting berth again, and he hopes it comes against his former club.Its a special game, Taggart said.Newcasstle has a special place in my heart. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Online. I had such a good time there.But Im going to be as aggressive as normal and go out there looking to win.Its important we really go out there and take it to them ... and put them on the back foot early.Perth Glory right back Josh Risdon was expected to be sidelined with a quad injury until early next year.But the Socceroos defender is in line to make a shock return against the Jets.Glory sit in fifth spot on the table following last weeks 1-1 draw with Melbourne Victory.The ninth-placed Jets have snared just one win from nine games this season, and are coming off a 2-0 loss to Sydney FC. ' ' '