hups:Sept. 17, 1994: Hawaii 21, C | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
love520 Mär 23 '18
TAMPA, Fla. Michael Strahan Jersey . -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Alterraun Verner crouched down on the field for several seconds, holding tightly the ball he had just intercepted, as teammates gathered around him. As he made his way to the bench, and the magnitude of the moment set in, tears began to flow.Just 48 hours prior to kickoff, Verners father, Robert, had died suddenly from a heart attack at the age of 61. Robert had flown to Tampa from California to be with his son and his young family on Thanksgiving. Alterraun was not with the team Friday, but vowed to play, saying before the game that he was dedicating the performance to his father.My dad was my biggest fan, said Verner, who finished with an interception and two pass breakups in the Bucs 14-5 win over the Seattle Seahawks. He made so many sacrifices for me to get where I am today, and I just know that he wouldnt want to be the cause for me not to play, so thats why I decided to play. I wanted to honor him knowing all that he did to try to get me to where I am today.Verner and several of his teammates huddled up before taking the field and broke with Alterraun! He also wore a shirt underneath his uniform that had a picture of him and his father on it from when he was at UCLA. His wife, Sinae, made it for him.One thing that I wont ever forget about him was his smile, and that was one of my favorite smiles of his, Verner said. Its just to show that hes always with me and hes always going to be with me every game. Every step of the way, off the field or on the field, because of the type of man he was, is what made me into the man I am today.Verner described his dad as the most caring, loving person that you [would] ever know -- one who was willing to take his shirt off and give it to a person that he never knew.Verner, 27, said all his father ever asked of him every game was just to play my hardest.?I could give up three touchdowns or I could get three interceptions, and he would still love me the same, said Verner. So its a blessing on how it happened for us to get the win and everything, but all he ever wanted was for me to play hard, and thats what I did for him.After the national anthem, before kickoff, Verner was told he had been named a captain, along with Kevin Pamphile, who lost his mother during the preseason.It was emotional before the game. It was emotional at the coin flip, said Bucs coach Dirk Koetter.Then came the interception before the half, on a pass intended for Paul Richardson, when the Seahawks were within striking distance at the Tampa Bay 29, and Verner slipped in front of Richardson.Thats a power above me when that kind of stuff happens,?Koetter said.?Said defensive end Noah Spence: I cant even describe it ... for him to make that type of play after what happened to him is just a blessing. We just came together and talked about it, prayed about it. We knew that we were going to come out here and do this for him.Gerald McCoy said it felt like the Atlanta?game last year, after?Kwon Alexander had just lost his brother.That was incredible, McCoy said. You knew [Verner] was hurting, but he played his heart out. Phil McConkey Jersey .com) - Richie Incognito has reportedly been admitted to a psychiatric care unit in Arizona. John Jerry Jersey . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. http://www.cheapgaintsjerseyselite.com/ . -- Derrick Rose shook off poor shooting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. Are you ready for some gridiron, mate?California and Hawaii are already set to kick off the 2016 season in Sydney -- six days before the rest of the college football world -- in the first American football event of the millennium in Australia.The game kicks off Saturday at noon in Sydney -- which is 10 p.m. ET Friday; 7 p.m. PT; 4 p.m. in Honolulu; and 3 p.m. Saturday in Pago Pago, American Samoa. The broadcast information is much simpler -- the game will be televised by ESPN and available for streaming on the ESPN app.Heres a mega-primer for the Cal-Hawaii season opener for observers in Australia and America alike:Quick overviewThe Golden Bears and Rainbow Warriors will square off at ANZ Stadium in a game billed as the Sydney Cup. Organizers are expecting a crowd of at least 65,000 at the venue originally constructed for the 2000 Olympics.Cal is coming off an 8-5 season but must move on without quarterback Jared Goff, who was selected No. 1 overall in the NFL draft by the Los Angeles Rams. Sonny Dykes, starting his fourth year as Cals head coach, will tap Texas Tech graduate transfer Davis Webb in his place. Cal lost its top six receivers from last season but returns four starting offensive linemen and its top three rushers. On defense, the Bears return only one player who started every game in 2015 -- cornerback Darius Allensworth.After a disappointing 3-10 season in 2015, Hawaii is starting anew with former Warriors quarterback Nick Rolovich arriving as a rookie head coach. His quarterback, Ikaika Woolsey, is a fifth-year senior who grew up just a few towns away from Cals Berkeley campus. Hawaii also returns running back Paul Harris, who rushed for 1,143 yards last season, and its top three receivers from 2015. With 23 career starts, linebacker Jerrol Garcia-Williams is the Warriors most experienced defender.Meantime, in addition to enjoying international coverage of their programs, both coaches point to the intangibles of playing overseas that will benefit their teams beyond this game.When you take a trip like this, it can make your team much tighter, Dykes said. Guys who normally dont hang around each other spend time together and get to know each other and form friendships that last forever.Said Rolovich, Its something [our players] are going to tell their grandkids about. Thats what college football, I think, is all about -- those memories, those experiences and those lessons in life that you get.Cal is a 20-point favorite over Hawaii on the Las Vegas betting line.How Cal got hereAbout 18 months ago, Cal was approached by a sport events promoter with the idea of partnering with another Power 5 conference school to stage a game in Australia. The Bears considered a number of opponents and dates, but ultimately there wasnt a logical fit, said Chris Pezman, Cals associate athletic director for facilities, operations and events.Enter Hawaii, from the Mountain West Conference, which has an NCAA exemption to play 13 regular-season games. When a waiver to approve the Week Zero game was officially approved last November, the Sydney Cup was announced.Cal is racking up 7,432 air miles each way on this trip, but the Bears will then get a week off before traveling for a Sept. 10 road game at San Diego State. You can read in detail about how Cal planned and traveled for the game here.Last year, the Cal mens basketball team traveled to Australia for a summer tour, and head coach Cuonzo Martin advised the football staff about how to acclimate quickly to the 17-hour time change.What we learned from Coach Martin is to try to keep the kids as active as possible that first day, Pezman said. Essentially, you throw out the date change once you cross the international date line, and Sydney is seven hours behind us. So you push yourself that first day, and that will be the best nights sleep you have.That meant the Bears jogged?and stretched on the plane during the 15?-hour flight. Upon landing in Sydney, they went directly from the airport to the practice field Monday morning. Eventually, players got some free time to sightsee, relax and simply be tourists. Many climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge and took a dip in the chilly South Pacific -- its winter Down Under, after all.We good, coach?Dykes initially had some reservations about taking such a big trip during a time of year when practice and preparation is paramount. But his father, former longtime Texas Tech head coach Spike Dykes, helped convince his son that the benefits outweigh the negatives. The elder Dykes had taken the Red Raiders in 1987 to play Oklahoma State in Tokyo.I actually talked to him quite a bit when the possibility first presented itself, Sonny Dykes said. He said, 30 years later, he runs into former players all the time, and the first thing they bring up is that trip and just how much fun they had and how much they enjoyed the experience.Even with an expected seven-figure payday to be had, Cal athletic director Mike Williams said the Bears wouldnt have made the trip without Dykes blessing.We worked with Sonny every step of the way on this, Williams said. There was no way we were going to do this without his complete support and complete engagement.How Hawaii got hereHawaii didnt have to travel as far as the Bears to Sydney. The Warriors traveled 5,083 miles one way -- a 10?-hour flight -- and arrived Sunday.Like Cals players, the Warriors were able to enjoy some of the Sydney sights in between practices. They swapped jerseys with the AFLs Greater Western Sydney Giants, attended a National Rugby League match between the South Sydney Rabbitohs and Cronulla Sharks and visited the Taronga Zoo.At a rainy, chilly practice Thursday, the Warriors enjoyed a team-building exercise at the expense of their coach. Rolovich was using an umbrella that was given to him by a staffer at the practice facility, and some players teased him for using it. Before long, they had brazenly tackled the rookie coach and wrestled him into the mud.The coup began as soon as that umbrella unfolded, Rolovich said. It was like a bunch of jungle cats. I saw it starting to happen and said, Ive got my phone in my pocket; you guys cant do it. Next thing I know, full nelson, phone out of my pocket, mud in the face, smiles all around.Beast Mode is here!Cal welcomed elder statesman Marshawn Lynch as a special guest for practices this week.Lynch, 30, retired from the NFL in February, capping a nine-season career in which he wass named to five Pro Bowls. New York Giants Jerseys Outlet. While his former Seattle Seahawks teammates are preparing for the NFL season, Lynch couldnt resist putting on pads and running a few plays with the Golden Bears, for whom he played from 2004-06.He came out to practice [Tuesday], watched practice, actually suited out and took a couple reps as the scout team running back, said Dykes.Dykes said Cal players enjoyed having Lynch participate and that the former Golden Bears star plays a role as mentor and ambassador for the program.Hes been really great with our players and has interacted with their families, Dykes said. He loves young people and trying to have an impact on them. He does a lot of things that people dont know about behind the scenes. Were lucky to have him around.Later in the week, Lynch joined the Rabbitohs for an informal workout:No word on whether Lynch will be permitted to drive the injury cart. Even if the game turns out to be forgettable, that would be something for Australians to remember.Rainbow Warriors are road warriorsAfter playing Cal, the Warriors will barely have time to blink before getting ready to play next week at Michigan. By the time they get home from that game, they will have traveled 19,112 air miles.First, I told the boys we were stopping off and doing a layover in Dubai, Rolovich joked. They got all excited, but they must not be very good in geography class.Fortunately for the Warriors, they get 24 hours back when they cross the international date line on the way home from Sydney. They also are chartering a plane for the trip from Honolulu to Michigan, a rare expense for a team that usually flies commercially.This is Back to the Future flux capacitor stuff, said Rolovich. Were gaining a day. So well get back to Honolulu before we would finish a home game. So I try to look at those two positives. Will it be easy? Probably not. But its better than losing a day, and its better than flying commercial.In total, the Warriors are slated to travel 46,568 miles by air this season.Previous American football games in AustraliaThis will be the fourth time a major college or NFL game has been contested Down Under. Here are the others:1985 -- Wyoming 23, Texas-El Paso 21: Hey Australia, want to watch the two worst teams in the Western Athletic Conference? Thats what happened as Wyoming bounced back from a 14-point deficit to beat UTEP in the season finale for both teams. The announced attendance was 19,107 at VFL Park in Melbourne, a venue that held more than 75,000 fans. Both schools were coached by lame ducks -- Wyomings Al Kincaid and UTEPs Bill Yung had already been informed they would be fired.1987 -- Brigham Young 30, Colorado State 26: In the final regular-season game for both teams, bowl-bound BYU got an unexpected challenge from the Rams, who won only once that year. The game attracted an announced crowd of 7,652 to Princes Park, a Melbourne stadium with a capacity of 32,000. Heres a snippet of what The Associated Press wrote afterward: Promoters said the game, which received scant media coverage, was a financial disaster. They did not release any figures nor did they indicate if plans to make the Bowl a yearly event would be affected.1999 -- Denver Broncos 20, San Diego Chargers 17: In the only NFL game ever staged on Australian soil, a reported crowd of 73,811 watched the defending Super Bowl champions win the American Bowl preseason opener at Stadium Australia -- now known as ANZ Stadium. Some observers estimated the attendance at closer to 60,000 and noted the use of artificial crowd noise. Broncos quarterback Chris Miller completed 11 of 13 passes and led the game-winning drive. Chargers quarterback Jim Harbaugh, who had been spotted attending a performance of Macbeth earlier in the week, was 6-of-8 passing for 49 yards and a touchdown.Aussies who played football at Hawaii, CalFormer Hawaii defensive end Colin Scotts became the first Australian selected in the NFL draft when the St. Louis Cardinals took him in the third round in 1987. He was a second-team All-Western Athletic Conference selection in 1986. Scotts played in seven games for the Cardinals in 1987 and was credited with three quarterback sacks. He later joined the Houston Oilers but didnt appear in a regular-season game.Mat McBriar punted for Hawaii from 2000-02 and went on to play 11 NFL seasons with Dallas, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and San Diego. He led the league in yards per punt in 2006 and 2010 with the Cowboys and was named to the Pro Bowl both seasons.Other Australians to suit up for Hawaii include offensive linemen Paul Manera (1989-91), Adrian Thomas (2007-10) and Blake Muir (2012), punter Alex Dunnachie (2009-12), and the versatile Scott Harding (2011-14), who played wide receiver and punter and also returned kicks.Former Cal punter David Lonie, a Sydney native, was under contract with Washington and Green Bay in 2006 and 2007, respectively, but never played in a regular-season game.Hawaii freshman defensive lineman Maxwell Hendrie is the only Aussie currently on either roster, but hes unlikely to play in this game. Hendrie is a Sydney native who played rugby at The Scots College, the same school that produced Scotts.Taste of AmericaIn a nod to the excess of arena concessions in the United States, ANZ Stadium is offering a number of American-themed food choices. A sampling:Two-foot-long hot dogs.Cal Bear burger with beef patties, lettuce, tomato, bacon, caramelized onions, pickles and cheese.Hawaii chicken burger with tomato, pineapple, cheese, bacon, lettuce and chili.Cape Byron Angus beef brisket roll -- slow-cooked Texas style for 12 hours and served on a milk bun with dry slaw and tangy barbecue sauce.Cinnamon churros with chocolate sauce.Krispy Kreme doughnuts.History lessonThis will be the fifth time Cal and Hawaii have squared off in football. The previous matchups:Sept. 17, 1994: Hawaii 21, Cal 7 (at Berkeley)Nov. 7, 1993: Cal 42, Hawaii 18 (at Honolulu)Nov. 30, 1968: Cal 17, Hawaii 12 (at Honolulu)Jan. 1, 1935: Hawaii 14, Cal 0 (at Honolulu)Interestingly, former Hawaii player Keith Gilbertson was the head coach at Cal during the 1993 and 94 games. Cal has played abroad once before, tying Washington State 17-17 in Tokyo in 1987. This will be the first game outside the United States in Hawaii football history. NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Mitglied
yachna1425 Mär 28 '18

QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-888-307-3506

We give efficient help and specific help for QuickBooks customers. Our team consist of assured QuickBooks Proadvisors with the assistance of dedicated 24×7 backings structure and amazing customer benefit, 247 QuickBooks gives your Quickbooks Support Number, Quickbooks Support Phone Number accounting a fix. QuickBooks is the best business computerization machines used by a great variety of private projects.

Mitglied
yachna1425 Mär 28 '18

Quicken Technical Support Phone Number +1-888-307-3506

On the off chance that you have any query recognized with customer enhance then you can furthermore achieve us. Activate technical support furthermore Quicken Tech Support Number,Quicken Tech Support Phone Number motivates you to purchase Speed up program on the web. Brighten Phone enhance furthermore motivates you to discover nearest Speed up store to your structure.

Mitglied
yachna1425 Mär 28 '18

Sage 50 Tech Support Number +1-888-307-3506

We at Sage Bookkeeping Remedy talk with comprehensive professional in providing unbeatable particular assistance to Sage by providing Peachtree Support from Sage 50 Customer Support Number,Sage 50 Customer Support Phone Number assured Sage Proadvisors. A collecting of confirmed professionals is open all the live long day for most of our clients.