part of Washingtons effort to manage his minutes | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Mai 6 '19
SACRAMENTO -- The Sacramento Kings and Los Angeles Lakers were expected to take little time settling into the bottom portion of the Western Conference standings this season. Cheap Adidas Superstar China .Instead, theyve spent the campaigns first two weeks stubbornly rebuking that conventional wisdom.Not that they seem all that pleased with themselves heading into the first meeting at the new Golden 1 Center Thursday night.We can get better, Kings C DeMarcus Cousins told reporters after Sacramentos 102-94 win over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday. We had some letups that you cant have.Cousins comments came on the heels of Sacramentos second straight victory. A third consecutive win would put the Kings (4-5) at .500 after 10 games, the second time in three seasons they will have had such an encouraging start. That 2014-15 campaign featured a 9-5 burst from the gate before things fell apart, a path these Kings are trying to avoid.Without more consistent intensity and defensive execution, they will struggle to do so, coaches and players said.I kept getting ticked off about all the shots they were making, Kings coach Dave Joerger said after watching the Pelicans make 49 percent of their shots from the field in the second half, including 10 of 20 in the third quarter. But I kept looking up, and the score was never getting away from us. Ninety-six possessions. Thats not a slow-paced game.Sacramentos defense has been sneaky good at times but it also has gone missing too.The Kings have held three opponents under 100 points and won all three times. But they have surrendered an average of 107.0 points in their five losses. In all, theyve allowed an average of 101.4 points in their first nine contests, down from a league-worst 109.1 per game last season and 13th among the leagues 30 teams.Its not something that you can just come out and do, Cousins said. It takes a lot of energy, but it also takes a mindset and a focus. We have to more consistent that way.Lakers coach Luke Walton has conveyed a similar message about his team. Fresh off the worst three seasons in franchise history, Los Angeles proved a surprise in the first two weeks, putting together a three-game winning streak and showing off an offense that is tied for fifth in scoring (108.6 points per game). A win against the Kings will give the Lakers four wins in a five-game stretch for the first time since November 2013.But Walton, the first-year coach who won two championships with the Lakers as a player, doesnt seem to be focused on wins and losses, so much as he is his teams growth.If we lose three in a row, all the stories will be the same, about a young team thats trying to figure it out, Walton told the Los Angeles Daily News. Ive said it from the beginning: We try not to get caught up in all that, not worry about that. Just focus on what we do as a group.So far, the group has looked to one another to score. DAngelo Russell, Lou Williams, Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle and Nick Young all are averaging at least 14 points per game. Williams, Luol Deng and Russell are also making at least 34 percent of their 3-pointers.Cousins is averaging 25.5 points and has led Sacramento in scoring in seven of its nine games. He averaged 27 points and 11.3 rebounds in four games against Los Angeles last season.Sacramento has won the last seven meetings with the Lakers. The Kings averaged 117 points in four games last season and swept the season series from Los Angeles for the first time. Buy Adidas Superstar Online . The team said Saturday that Lopez was hurt during its 121-120 overtime loss at Philadelphia on Friday. The Nets said they would issue another update next week after consultation with their doctors. Wholesale Adidas Superstar Cheap . -- When the Florida Panthers fell behind by two goals in the first period to the top team in the NHL, it appeared they were on their way to yet another loss. http://www.cheapadidassuperstar.us/ . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. WASHINGTON -- For all of LeBron James achievements, from MVP awards to NBA championships, the hootin and hollerin coming from the Cleveland Cavaliers locker room Friday night -- and the water dumped on No. 23 by teammates -- was to mark a relatively obscure milestone: youngest NBA player to reach 27,000 career points.They lied to me. They said that Coach (Tyronn) Lue had accomplished something, and they were going to douse him. And I was kind of surprised, like, `What happened? You guys are going to mess up his suit, James said with a smile. And then ... they rushed me and got all my clothes wet and everything.The impromptu celebration capped a perfect trip to the nations capital for the Cavs, who added a win to their White House visit by beating the Washington Wizards 105-94 as James had 27 points, 10 rebounds and five assists. He made three of Clevelands 14 3-pointers.At 31, James is about 1 1/2 years younger than Kobe Bryant was when he became the previous youngest to 27,000 points.Thats NBA history, man. Its truly an honor to be part of the journey like that, said teammate Kyrie Irving, who scored 29 for Cleveland and helped hold Washingtons John Wall to only five of his 28 points after halftime. And hes really just humble about it.Adding a bit of humor to the proceedings, Irving noted: It also tells you that hes been in the league for a while.A day after being feted as NBA champions by President Barack Obama, the Cavaliers improved to 7-1 this season, recovering quickly from their only loss, which came against Atlanta on Tuesday.Kevin Love contributed 14 points and 16 rebounds, while J.R. Smiths 17 points included five 3s. One gave Cleveland its biggest margin of the game, at 84-72 with a minute remaining in the third quarter.Wall noted the stats from 3-point range: The Cavs were 14 of 33; the Wizards were 3 of 15, barely attempting more thann their opponents made. Cheap Adidas Superstar. .Thats basically the game, Wall said, right there.TIP-INSCavaliers: James clutched at his lower right back after getting fouled with 7 1/2 minutes left, but remained in the game. ... Smith was called for a Flagrant-1 foul in third quarter.Wizards: Fell to 2-6. ... SG Bradley Beal sat out with a tight right hamstring. He was replaced in the lineup by Marcus Thornton, who scored two points in 21 minutes. ... F Otto Porter Jr., who had a 34-point, 14-rebound effort against Boston on Wednesday, had 11 points and eight rebounds Friday.OUBRES OFFENSEWizards substitute Kelly Oubre Jr. scored the teams last eight points of the first quarter, which ended with the hosts ahead 31-26.Its my job to be ready whenever my name is called, Oubre said. I cant worry about minutes. I cant worry about nothing else.FREE CHICKEN!A sellout crowd of 20,356 saved its loudest cheers for when two free throws missed by Love meant spectators would be able to get a free fast-food chicken sandwich.WHITE HOUSEWhen you get a chance to meet the President of the United States -- and he knows your first name and last name, and knows your stats and how you play and who you are as a person -- it just means a lot, Lue said.UP NEXTCavaliers: Host the Charlotte Hornets on Sunday. Cleveland won three of four against Charlotte last season.Wizards: At the Chicago Bulls on Saturday. Wall will sit out for the second time in the second game of a back-to-back set this season, part of Washingtons effort to manage his minutes after offseason operations on both knees. Coach Scott Brooks wasnt sure who would start in Walls place -- or whether Beal would be available.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich ' ' '