ma: He hits it straight [and is] extremely c | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 8 '19
NEW YORK -- Changes could be coming for the New York Jets. Discount Shoes Online Canada .Coach Todd Bowles was scheduled to meet with his staff -- as he does the day after every game -- on Tuesday night, and switching things up at various positions was on the table.Including at quarterback.Were going to talk about more than that, Bowles said during a conference call Tuesday, but theres a possibility every week that there will be some changes made player-wise.Ryan Fitzpatrick was pulled in the second half of the Jets 28-3 loss at Arizona on Monday night and replaced by former starter Geno Smith.Fitzpatrick has an NFL-leading 11 interceptions, and Smith added one of his own in mop-up duty against the Cardinals. Bowles said in his postgame news conference that the Jets would stick with Fitzpatrick for Sundays game against Baltimore.Bowles said he revisited his postgame comments regarding the quarterback situation, but insisted that he wants to meet with general manager Mike Maccagnan and his coaching staff before announcing whether or not he was making a change.After the game, its always going to be status quo, Bowles said during the conference call, because Im never going to tell the media anything before I meet with my coaches and my GM and the rest of the staff.But many fans and media wondered if it might be time to look toward the future and see what Bryce Petty, a fourth-rounder last year, or rookie Christian Hackenberg, a second-rounder, can do with the Jets off to a 1-5 start.Petty just returned to practice last week, though, following a preseason shoulder injury, and Hackenberg has been limited to scout team snaps.Its possible, Bowles acknowledged. Weve still got some stages to go before we get to that point, but its definitely possible.Fitzpatrick was re-signed to a one-year, $12 million deal on the eve of training camp, a move most Jets players celebrated after the veteran quarterback set a franchise record with 31 touchdown passes and led New York to a 10-6 record and within a win of a playoff spot.But Fitzpatrick has had a rough go of it this season, including a six-interception performance at Kansas City on Sept. 25.Meanwhile, Smith has tried to stay patient, but he told an ESPN reporter before the game Monday night that he was getting antsy while being stuck on the sideline as the team struggles.I dont have any thoughts on a backup player saying anything, Bowles said of Smiths comments. Theyre backups for a reason and if they get a chance to play, they better prove themselves worthy of playing, regardless of who the person is.Smith had a good start to his first action of this season in the fourth quarter, connecting on his first four passes. But on third-and-3 from the Cardinals 40, Smith fumbled as he was sacked, but the Jets recovered. He was intercepted by Tyrann Mathieu on the next play.He did show some promise when he was in there, Bowles said. He understood the game plan. He did good for the drive he was in there.Bowles acknowledged that his coaching staff will remain unchanged for now.Weve had success with the coaches and players that we have, he said. Were not having success right now, in the past four weeks. Some people get rid of people and have success, but some people get rid of people and have failure.You have to know what you have and you have to navigate it through and work toward getting better as a team. I think we have those people to do that.While the quarterback gets most of the blame, the secondary has struggled mightily, as has the offensive line and the running game, to name a few areas of concern.The defensive line was expected to be a major force, but it has also not played up to par through six games.The effort theyre giving is fine, Bowles said of the D-line. Weve just got to clean up some small things.But a lot of small issues have contributed to what has been a big mess of a start for the Jets.And at 1-5, Bowles knows that New Yorks postseason prospects are growing slimmer with each loss.Theyre not finished, but they dont look bright, thats for sure, Bowles said. Were just trying to win a ballgame. Weve got to take it a week at a time. Were not even discussing playoffs. We havent discussed playoffs since the season began, actually. Weve got to have a quick turnaround and weve got to play better.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Wholesale Shoes Canada . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. Shoes Sale Online Canada .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team. http://www.wholesaleshoescanada.com/ . The Browns coaching search remains incomplete. Tiger Woods golf game might not be ready for prime time, but his sense of humor remains in midseason form.As a guest on the episode of The Late Show With Stephen Colbert that aired Thursday, the 14-time major winner dropped several one-liners and discussed a wide range of topics.Woods said that, at the Ryder Cup earlier this month, he jokingly implied that American golfer Jordan Spieth was still in diapers when Woods won his first Masters in 1997 by a record 12 shots. (Spieth, for the record, was nearly 4 years old that April.)When talking about what he did while he has been away from the game because of back surgeries, Woods joked that he played the video game Call of Duty for eight hours a day with a 30-minute lunch break. When he started to losing to 7-year-olds around the world, that proved humbling.Woods, who is 40, recalled a story about when he was in college at Stanford, he had a steak dinner with Arnold Palmer and Arnie picked up the tab. Woods was ruled ineligible by the NCAA until he wrote Palmer a check for $25, which Palmer had to cash and fax back to the NCAAA for Woods to be reinstated. Wholesale Shoes Suppliers Canada. Since its election season, Colbert asked Woods to give his impression of the golf games of U.S. presidents he has teed it up with.-- George H.W. Bush: Fast golfer and very good. Woods also noted that they can play in under two hours.-- Bill Clinton: Lots of cuts, Woods said. When pressed whether Clinton cut the ball (also known as a shot way to the right) or cut corners on the golf course, Woods paused, then, with the deft skill of one of the politicians he was describing, stuck to his original answer. Cuts, he said with a wry smile.-- Barack Obama: He hits it straight [and is] extremely competitive, Woods said. He noted that its hard to hit it crooked when you hit it, not longish, which appeared to be Woods way of saying the sitting president doesnt hit the ball very far.Colbert concluded the interview by looking at this years election.What about Trump? Colbert asked.You said presidents, Woods replied. ' ' '