d if Im the backup Im going to be there to | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 8 '19
CHICAGO -- Advice is the last thing that Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon plans to offer right-handed pitcher Kyle Hendricks. Cheap NFL Jerseys .Hendricks (12-7, 2.19 ERA) is among baseballs hottest pitchers during the past two-plus months with a 8-1 record and a 1.38 ERA in his last 13 outings (12 starts).And Maddon is not about to mess with success as Hendricks prepare to start Tuesdays middle matchup in a three-game set at Wrigley Field.I really try to avoid those conversations because I could just mess him up, Maddon said before Monday nights series opener. Guys like Kyle that are going that well, Im just there to reinforce. After he comes out of the game, Ill encourage him, tell him how wonderful he was, how well he did.If he wants to bring something up to me, thats fine. But I really think that you can only hurt somebody by trying to interject these words of wisdom to a guy thats going as well as he is.Hendricks faces Pirates right-hander Chad Kuhl (3-1, 3.50 ERA) on Tuesday. The start will be Hendricks sixth against Pittsburgh during his career and second this season. Hes 1-1 with a 5.40 career ERA, with the win coming June 19 as the Cubs claimed a 6-3 victory.Now in his third season, the 26-year-old Hendricks has already blown past win totals from previous years. With as many as seven starts still to come, hes on track for as many as a half-dozen more wins if current trends hold.His 2.19 ERA is the lowest in baseball, well ahead of San Franciscos Madison Bumgarner (2.49 ERA). Hendricks has allowed three or fewer runs in each of his last 17 starts dating to May 22, the longest streak by any big league pitcher this year.Kuhl, 23, is set to make his ninth major league start and second against Chicago. He allowed four runs in 2 1/3 innings had had no decision in the Pirates 6-5 loss to the Cubs on July 10 in the final game before the All-Star break.Kuhl struggled in his first three starts with a 6.03 ERA but improved in his next five, producing a 2.37 ERA and more efficient fastball location.Kuhl also had no decision in his last start last Thursday. He gave up two runs in 6 1/3 innings in Pittsburghs 3-2, 10-inning win over the Milwaukee Brewers at Miller Park. The Pirates have won seven of his first eight starts.A 2013 draft pick, Kuhl has worked his way up from short Class A to Triple-A Indianapolis in three seasons before a call-up to the Pirates earlier this season.I had this belief in myself, Kuhl told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Thats all me and my family ever wanted was a shot. I got my shot. Cheap MLB Jerseys . LOUIS -- Mike Smith is used to facing plenty of shots, so this was nothing new. Jerseys NFL China . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. http://www.chinastorenflfactory.com/ . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. HOUSTON -- After quarterback Brock Osweiler threw two first-half interceptions, the Houston Texans benched him for backup Tom Savage midway through the second quarter in the Texans 21-20 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.Osweilers interceptions came on back-to-back drives in the second quarter, and he finished 6-of-11 for 48 yards and two interceptions in five drives. He had a passer rating of 26.1. Savage played well in relief of Osweiler, finishing 23-of-36 for 260 yards without throwing a touchdown or an interception in less than three quarters of work.Texans coach Bill OBrien said he felt the decision he made to bench Osweiler was in the best interest of the team.I just felt like that was the best decision at that point in time for the team, OBrien said. We dont make decisions on how much a guy gets paid. We make decisions on whats the best way to win a game. That was the decision we made today and I thought today, it worked out OK.Osweiler said though he was happy the Texans came back to win, he was of course disappointed to be pulled from the game.As a competitor, any time you dont play well, you get pulled out of a game, of course theres disappointment, Osweiler said. Thats a natural human reaction. Also theres disappointment because you want to be your best for your teammates.So youre disappointed because you feel like you let them down, but then at the same time youre happy because this football team found a way to win. Tom had a huge day.OBrien would not disclose who will start for the Texans on Saturday against the Bengals, saying, Weve got a short week and well make decisions on anybody, any starter that we have. We make decisions on that every week.We run a very competitive program no matter what people on the outside see or think, whatever, OBrien said. We run a very competitive program here and we try to compete on the practice field and reward guys that earn it on the practice field. NFL Jerseys Factory. Thats what well continue to do here.Texans owner Bob McNair recognized after the game the significance of the decision made by OBrien.Im just glad I wasnt the one that had to make that decision, McNair said to the Houston Chronicle. I mean, that was a gutsy call. Give coach credit, he made a change and it was for the good of the team. We benefited from it. Now we have three good quarterbacks and we are proud of all of them.This season, Osweiler has completed 59.6 percent of his passes for 2,704 yards. He has thrown 14 touchdowns and 16 interceptions in 14 games.Savage had not taken a snap in a regular-season NFL game in more than two years. He said he was prepared to come into the game, saying, I wouldnt be suited up if I wasnt mentally ready to go out there. Thats what this team deserves. They deserve someone to go in there and perform. And when they called my name, thats what I tried to do.Fans booed Osweiler off the field and there were loud cheers when Savage entered the game.Osweiler said regardless of the decision that is made about who will start on Sunday, he will prepare this week like he will be the starter.I think Coach OBrien, the staff, obviously Rick Smith and everybody else Im sure will have a conversation, Osweiler said. My job is just to be ready to play and to prepare like Im going to play and if I start I start and Im going to give this team everything I have performance-wise, and if Im the backup Im going to be there to support Tom.Im going to coach him and do everything he asks of me, and ultimately I just want to be a great teammate and I want to do whatever it takes for this football team to win games. ' ' '