f a concussion, Vernon Davis made the m | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 8 '19
ARCADIA, Calif. Discount Air Max Australia . -- Ian Kruljac has won four races as a trainer, all with Finest City. The latest and easily the most important victory came Saturday when Finest City ran the race of her life -- as Kruljac had promised -- when pulling an 8-1 upset in the $1 million Filly and Mare Sprint at Santa Anita.Always in the hunt after breaking sharply from post 12 in a field of 13, Finest City and jockey Mike Smith held off the oncoming Wavell Avenue to prevail by three-quarters of a length. Paulassilverlining was third, another 1-1/4 lengths back, with Taras Tango nailing By the Moon for fourth, another three-quarters of a length behind.Finest City returned $19.40 after finishing the seven-furlong distance in 1:22.37 over a fast track. A 4-year-old Pennsylvania-bred daughter of City Zip, Finest City is owned by the Seltzer Thoroughbreds of Tyler and Wayne Seltzer.The pace was hotly contested in the Filly and Mare Sprint, with Gloryzapper holding a tenuous lead over Paulassilverlining and Finest City leaving the half-mile pole, and By the Moon poised to strike from in behind that line. Approaching the quarter pole, Wavell Avenue and jockey Joel Rosario were well under way with a big looping move, and by the eighth pole, the race had boiled down to Smith going to work on Finest City to fend off Wavell Avenue.Kruljac, 28, dropped out of the Racetrack Industry Program at the University of Arizona as a senior when returning to his racetrack roots. His father, Eric, and uncle, Jay, are veterans of the California and Arizona circuits, and Ian has been a licensed trainer for only a little more than a year. Leading up to the Breeders Cup, Kruljac said he and the Seltzers had eyed the Filly and Mare Sprint with Finest City for months despite the fact she had run at a variety of distances and on both dirt and turf. Given the wide-open nature of this race -- the favorite, Carina Mia, was a tepid 3-1 -- Kruljac was quietly confident in the days approaching the race, saying: Shes running, not me.She sends herself out of there and Mike chose not to take her back, Kruljac said in the race aftermath. It was absolutely perfect. She has a high cruising speed and I could tell he was in hand. It is just such an honor to compete with all these top trainers and have a top filly.The old handicapping angle of turf to dirt and a long turf race to middle-distance sprint is really a good way to get a horse ready for a race like this, said Smith. They learn to relax a little better and its easier on them.Last year at Keeneland, Wavell Avenue and Rosario won the BC Filly and Mare Sprint at 10-1. Dismissed at 13-1 this time, she was bidding to become the second two-time winner in the 10-year history of this race, following Groupie Doll (2012-13).She ran huge, said Rosario. I thought I was going to go by Mike for a minute, but she was second-best today.After the top five, the order was Spelling Again, Haveyougoneaway, Irish Jasper, Carina Mia, Wonder Gal, Gloryzapper, Paola Queen, and Gomo.The $2 exacta (12-10) paid $216.40, the $1 trifecta (12-10-9) returned $1,235.70, and the 10-cent superfecta (12-10-9-3) was worth $839.20. Air Max Sale Australia . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. Cheap Air Max Shoes On Sale . -- Stanford squashed Oregons national championship hopes again, schooling the Ducks in power football. http://www.australiawholesaleairmax.com/ .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins placed forward James Neal on injured reserve Tuesday. DETROIT -- The Washington Redskins rushed Matthew Stafford with just three players on his last snap. And, he made them regret it.Stafford threaded a sharp pass between a lunging linebacker and a blanketing cornerback to Anquan Boldin for a go-ahead, 18-yard touchdown pass with 16 seconds left to lift the Detroit Lions to a 20-17 win over Washington on Sunday.We should have blitzed seven or eight, Redskins coach Jay Gruden lamented. But we were playing coverage that weve been playing for a long time and guys were comfortable with. (Linebacker) Will Compton missed it by a fraction of a hair.Boldin, a 14-year veteran, got just enough separation to get away from rookie cornerback Kendall Fuller, who was pressed into a larger role because Josh Norman was knocked out of the game with a concussion.He kind of slow played his guy in the slot, Stafford said. I cut it loose and I kind thought to myself, `Were going either win the game or lose the game on this one. It was a tight window. And, Ill take that every time. If I throw an interception right there, its on my back. Im fine with it, being aggressive and trying to score.Detroit (4-3) has won three straight thanks in large part to Stafford making clutch throws in the final minutes, giving him 24 career wins with game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime.The Redskins (4-3) looked like they were going to extend their winning streak to five when Kirk Cousins scored a go-ahead TD on a 19-yard run with 1:05 left, but they couldnt stop Stafford. He opened the game-winning drive with a 23-yard pass to Marvin Jones, then ran up the middle for 14 yards and connected with former Redskins receiver Andre Roberts on a 20-yard catch before throwing the TD pass to Boldin.Here are other things we learned from Detroits win over Washington:TURNING POINTThe closely contested, low-scoring game included just two turnovers and Washington had both of them. Cousins fumbled in the third quarter at the Detroit 38 and Matt Jones fumbled into the Lions end zone late in the first quarter. Cheap Air Max Shoes Australia. After each turnover, the Lions made a field goal on the ensuing possession.Without question, that was a key, Detroit coach Jim Caldwell said.EMERGING OPTIONSThe Redskins may want to get the ball into the hands of receiver Jamison Crowder and running back Chris Thompson more often the rest of the season. Crowder had season highs with seven receptions and 108 yards, 1 yard from matching his career high set last year as a rookie against Dallas. Thompson set career highs with 12 carries and 73 yards rushing. He also had a season-high seven receptions for 40 yards, seemingly playing a larger role after Jones fumbled. Gruden insisted Jones was not demoted during the game.Im not going to give up on him for fumbling, Gruden said.CENTURY CLUBStafford has the most completions (2,410), yards passing (27,890), 350-yard passing games (18) among NFL quarterbacks in their first 100 games.I think Ill look back on it when Im done playing and Ill really appreciate it, Stafford said.HES STILL GOT ITWith Washington tight end Jordan Reed out for a second straight game because of a concussion, Vernon Davis made the most of his opportunity. The 32-year-old Davis had season highs with six receptions and 79 yards receiving, one week after having 50 yards receiving and a TD.BAD BOUNCEWashington kicker Dustin Hopkins had been almost perfect this season, missing only one of his 16 kicks. He matched his number of misses at Detroit, hitting the top of the left upright on a 45-yard attempt in the second quarter. Gruden, though, wasnt blaming his kicker for the setback.We missed a field goal and there are things in all three phases we can correct, he said.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Larry Lage at http://www.twitter.com/larrylage and follow his work at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/larry-lage ' ' '