f throws.Hes reminded me a couple t | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
love520 Mär 27 '18
SAN FRANCISCO -- Zack Wheeler used to have long talks with Sergio Romo when they were teammates in the Giants organization, and the young pitcher is good pals with Mike Kickham. Donnie Jones Jersey . None of that mattered when Wheeler took the mound at AT&T Park for the first time. He just wanted to pitch well. Wheeler threw seven sharp innings, Marlon Byrd homered again and the New York Mets completed their first sweep in San Francisco since 1994 with a 7-2 win Wednesday. "I was drafted by the Giants and obviously wanted to pitch here," Wheeler said. "I didnt know how I was going to feel when I got out there. Honestly, I was relaxed." Daniel Murphy and John Buck each had two hits and drove in two runs as the Mets won their fourth in a row, including three straight over the slumping World Series champions. The Giants have lost 16 of 19. Wheeler (3-1), selected by the Giants with the sixth overall pick in the 2009 amateur draft, took a shutout into the seventh. He allowed one run and three hits, struck out five and walked three. "Thats the best all-around stuff Ive seen," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "He pounded the strike zone and got outs. He has a chance to be very good." San Francisco dealt Wheeler to the Mets in July 2011 for outfielder Carlos Beltran. The trip to San Francisco brought back memories from his time with the Giants. "Romo and me would talk all the time," Wheeler said. "Hed sit me down and talk me through things. It was fun to be able to watch him pitch the first night." Matt Cain (5-6) lasted less than an inning for the first time in his career, giving up three runs and two hits while walking three and getting just two outs. He is 0-3 with a 6.38 ERA in his last five starts. "We needed a chance to win it, and I wasnt giving them an opportunity right there," Cain said. "I was walking guys. They got a couple of hits they needed, and that was it." San Francisco dropped to 40-50, its first time 10 games under .500 since the Giants finished 72-90 in 2008, according to STATS. San Francisco was swept at home for the first time since July 27-29 last year against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Wheeler retired 14 of his first 16 hitters before Pablo Sandoval singled for the Giants first hit with two outs in the fourth. Wheeler also hit an RBI double. "He was a lot more efficient getting ahead," Buck said. "He just needed to get his feet wet and feel a little more comfortable, but hes also working hard in things." Cains home ERA rose to 5.94, the second-highest among qualifying NL pitchers and more than double his 2.03 ERA in San Francisco last year. "He was disappointed to come out, but I had to make the call," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "Hes fine, but I didnt want it to become an issue. He was going on 40 pitches there and I didnt want to push him through again." New York took a 3-0 lead in the first. Eric Young walked, stole second went to third on catcher Buster Poseys throwing error and scored on Murphys single. Ike Davis and Kirk Nieuwenhuis walked, and Buck ended Cains day with a two-run single. Kickham retired 12 of his first 14 hitters into the fifth. That stretch ended when Davis singled and Byrd followed with his 15th homer and second in two days. Wheeler and Murphy each doubled home a run in the sixth to make it 7-0. Brandon Crawford singled home a run in the Giants eighth, and Tony Abreu hit a sacrifice fly in the ninth. NOTES: Giants RHP Santiago Casilla could be activated Thursday. ... LHP Madison Bumgarner (9-5, 3.05) will start for the Giants on Thursday night in San Diego. Hes 5-3 in 15 games against the Padres. ... RHP Jeremy Hefner (4-6, 3.39) gets the start for the Mets on Friday night at Pittsburgh. Since June 4, his ERA is 1.64. ... Mets INF David Wright extended his hitting streak to 11 games with a single in the ninth. Brandon Graham Jersey . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. Malcolm Jenkins Jersey . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. http:///...bednarik-jersey.html . -- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone, placed his hands over his chest and did his familiar Superman pose. ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- AShawn Robinson said he had enough skills on basketball courts to draw offers to play at UCLA, Boise State and Holy Cross.When he was a 6-foot-4 freshman at Arlington Heights High School in Fort Worth, Texas, he had hoop dreams.When I got bigger, I didnt anymore, Robinson said.Taking his talents to football fields, and keeping them there, has panned out for him and the Detroit Lions.The 6-foot-4, 320-pound rookie defensive tackle is emerging as a key player for the NFC North-leading Lions (7-4) as they surge into contention for their first division title since 1993 .Robinson started in his first game on Thanksgiving when Detroit beat the Minnesota Vikings, breaking a first-place tie.Hes been good and steady, Lions coach Jim Caldwell said. Hes made some plays for us and does a good job of when he doesnt get to the passer, getting his hands up. Hes got a bit of a knack for that, but hes also made plays in the running game. Hes coming along.Robinson has knocked down five passes, tying him for third among NFL defensive linemen.Despite not being an every-down player this season, it is an impressive feat to rank among league leaders in any category and Robinson credits his hoops history.I think it helps my ability to know when the ball is going to get released from the quarterback and when to get my hand up and bat it, he said.When the New Orleans Saints (5-6) host the Lions on Sunday, theyve got a plan to combat Robinsons knack for knocking down passes when Drew Brees is throwing.Anytime a guy puts his hands up, we like to try too get back into his chest and get him to lower his hands, Saints right tackle Zach Strief said. Sidney Jones Jersey. ut ultimately if a guy stops and jumps, all you can really do is push him. Theres been more and more of an emphasis of guys doing that as the passing game has gotten a little quicker over time. Sometimes you cant get home, and thats what you do.Lions defensive line coach Kris Kocurek puts his players through drills designed to rush and sack quarterbacks, not bat down passes.So when Robinson is hailed for his ability to do it, he makes it clear his coach isnt celebrating.If I cant get a sack, a batted ball takes a down away from the other team and I see it as a great thing, Robinson said. Coach Kris doesnt like it. He wants sacks instead. But you cant always get to the quarterback, so the next best thing is to bat the ball down.Robinson has two sacks this season and is credited with two quarterback hurries. He has made 17 tackles, including four for losses.Knocking down passes, though, has become his best asset because he clearly has a feel for passing lanes and the timing of throws.Hes reminded me a couple times that he was a basketball player and offered a scholarship by a couple schools, Caldwell said with a grin. So, hes a pretty good athlete.---AP freelance writer Guerry Smith in Metairie, Louisiana, contributed to this report.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Jerseys 2018 Wholesale NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '