while doing social media and digital cons | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 9 '19
LOS ANGELES -- Jordin Canada wowed with moves in the lane, spectacular passes and pull-up jump shots. Buy Nike Air Max Plus Australia . UCLA coach Cori Close doesnt ever let the guard or any other player glance at the Jumbotron to check out replays, but Sunday wouldve been a good day for a watch party.Canada and her teammates will see plenty of highlights at the end of film sessions, the only time Close allows what she calls passion plays to be shown, after leading the ninth-ranked Bruins over Michigan 84-64.Canada had 16 points, a career-high 14 assists and no turnovers while Monique Billings and had 19 points and a season-high 16 rebounds. Kelli Hayes added a career-high 16 points.I dont think were close, but I think we made a huge step today, Close said.Canada is on the Naismith Trophy watch list for the best player in womens college basketball.Most of the time Im working on things I need to get better at, Canada said. I dont really like to think about stuff like that. My concern is getting better and growing.The Bruins (7-1) took a 10-0 lead and extended their home winning streak to 18 in a row dating to last season. UCLA has won 22 straight against unranked opponents.Michigan (8-3) was led by Kysre Gondrezick with 18 points and Hallie Thome with 15 points.The Wolverines were without three players -- Boogie Brozoski and Sam Trammel stayed home to prepare for exams, and Nicole Munger was out with an injured left foot.Billings had 11 points and 12 rebounds as UCLA took a 45-25 halftime lead.All five starters for UCLA scored in double figures.BIG PICTUREMichigan took a step backward as it struggled to move the ball offensively and let UCLA dominate inside. It had played well the last few games and fared much better against then-No. 10 Florida State in a 76-62 loss.UCLA did whatever it wanted offensively, getting high-percentage shots and using its stifling defense to fluster Michigan. Its performance will serve as a good warmup for its longest road stretch of the season.POLL IMPLICATIONSUCLA should stay at No. 9 or could move up a spot as No. 8 Louisville is the only team ahead of it in the rankings with two losses.WEEKEND SWEEPWith the UCLA men beating Michigan at Pauley Pavilion on Saturday and the women doing the same on Sunday, the Bruins made it a weekend sweep. The Michigan mens team sat behind the Michigan bench for Sundays game and the teams were scheduled to share a charter flight back to Ann Arbor, providing they could return as there is a snowstorm. Some players on the UCLA mens team were in attendance as well.THROUGH THE TREESMichigan tried to pack the lane with its interior defense but that didnt bother Canada, who drove the lane and scored on layups and jumpers or kicked the ball out.Mentally Ive always had that where I dont fear anyone, Canada said. Im not afraid to play anyone, thats just the mentality that I have.QUOTE OF THE GAMEUCLA played phenomenal. Ive watched a lot of film, and I dont know if they played as well as they played tonight. I thought they really clicked on all cylinders. They defended us extremely, extremely well. They played incredibly hard. They executed on the offensive end. They rebounded the heck out of the ball. Theyre a great team. -- Michigan coach Kim BarnesUP NEXTMichigan: Just finished seven consecutive road games away from the Crisler Center and returns home for four consecutive games against Ohio, Vermont, American and Rutgers.UCLA: Has feasted on a home-heavy schedule and now hit the road for three consecutive games -- at UC Santa Barbara, South Carolina and North Carolina AT&T. Air Max Plus Australia Sale . -- There were so many positives from the Orlando Magics first victory of the season that it was hard for coach Jacque Vaughn to stop praising his players. Nike Air Max Plus Australia . -- If this was Aaron Gordons final home game at Arizona, and it almost certainly was, then he went out in style. http://www.wholesaleairmaxplusaustralia.com/ . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. Growing up, Jill Geer wanted to be a professional football player. But she chose track and field because she could control her own destiny -- she could depend on herself to win a race.The former sports writer is now the chief public affairs officer for USA Track & Field. Under her leadership, USATF has navigated the evolving world of digital media,?marketing and sponsorship.?Shes worked with many champion athletes and witnessed competitors break more than 30 world records.As she prepares for the Olympics in Rio next month, Geer is managing to remain calm, particularly amid the the disparaging headlines surrounding USATFs long-term sponsorship agreement with Nike. Geer, who is married and has a 10-year-old son named Hayden, opens the door to her busy life.?Coolest moment?In 2014, several members of the 1968 Olympic track and field team returned to Echo Summit, California, where the 1968 Olympic trials were held, and we had a ceremony honoring them.I had the opportunity to speak in front of the one group of people I would refer to as truly my heroes. They were men who were important to society, to the Olympic movement and to human rights as well. When I spoke, I saw my hero, bronze medalist John Carlos -- who raised a black-gloved fist during the American national anthem at the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City -- nodding his head and telling me to preach. And at that moment, knowing that these men whom I thought were so important felt understood and appreciated almost moved me to tears.Focus to overcome obstacles?The correlation between distance running and any job is the ability to focus and overcome distractions, overcome pain and discomfort, whether its personal, physical or professional, to get something done. The things I am most proud of at work are often times where we face a great challenge and figure it out.Running the worldWhile traveling is a great way to get out and see the world, the fact is that once I reach my destination, Im working. I dont run on treadmills; I go out into the city and run. At various cities, running has become my sightseeing because there is too much work to be done to be doing any vacationing.Have perspectiveDont take anything personally, and then you can deal with whatever the issue is in a professional way. The most important thing in dealing with a sensitive issue or a crisis is to first take a step back. When its a sensitive topic, especiaally in the social media world, you have to step back and see: Who is it coming from and how many people are really contributing?In the social media world, very few people get very active on social to say positive things. Air Max Plus For Sale Cheap. Its important to keep perspective with any issue. Acknowledge concern while pointing out factual basis.Positive thinking is keyThe great thing is that whether its the Olympic trials -- which last for a week and a half in Oregon -- or the Olympic Games or any of our events, regardless of if you are ready for them, they arrive, they start, they happen, they finish and they go great! Its just something that we manage. We do what we need to do to succeed, just like our championship athletes.Anything a guy can do, I can doWhen I was an athlete, or even as a professional, whether its right or wrong, Ive never self-identified first as a female. I never thought of myself as a female athlete or a woman in sports. Ive been an athlete and a person in sports first. For me that was a good thing because it meant that in no way I limited myself throughout my whole life. Anything a guy can do, I can do. That was never even a question.Sisterhood in sportsIm really appreciative of the sisterhood Ive always had with female journalists. Women in sports just have a different kind of experience than men in sports.Be gratefulNo job is cool every day, and every job has days where you wonder what youre doing. But if youre fortunate enough to get a cool job, it is so important to be grateful for the job you have and to the people who helped you get there.Always try new thingsPushing yourself out of your comfort zone is how you grow and really stay engaged in your job. Ive been here for 16 years, and this job has never been boring to me. That is one of the highest compliments I can give a job because to not burn out after 16 years is saying something for me.Byron Linnell Edwards is a run coach, marathoner and triathlete. The former entertainment executive spent his formative years working in public relations and event logistics at Viacom (BET Networks), Roc Nation, Huff Events & PR, and Urban League while doing social media and digital consulting on a number of projects within entertainment and creative properties. Follow him?@ByronLinnell.? ' ' '