llivon was yellow-carded for bringing down | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 9 '19
DETROIT -- Mikael Backlund and the Calgary Flames got their six-game road trip started in the best way possible. Discount Air Max Australia .Backlund scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:46 left in the third period to give Calgary a 3-2 victory over the slumping Detroit Red Wings on Sunday night.This is huge, because were looking at these six games almost like a playoff series, said Flames defenseman Dougie Hamilton, who had three assists. We know we have to pick up some wins on this trip, and this is a good start.Garnet Hathaway got his first career goal and Matt Stajan also scored for Calgary. Chad Johnson stopped 21 shots.I thought this was a very even game, but we did a nice job of capitalizing on our chances, Flames coach Glen Gulutzan said. We didnt lose any momentum coming out of the Chicago game, where we played very well in a loss.Tomas Tatar and Anthony Mantha scored for Detroit, which lost its fourth straight game. Jimmy Howard made 23 saves.I think we gave them their chances. I think from the start, a few turnovers in our own end, all of a sudden they end up spending a minute, minute and a half in our end instead of making a simple play and move the play out to the neutral zone, Red Wings captain Henrik Zetterberg said.Backlund broke a 2-all tie when he slammed Michael Froliks pass from the left circle past Howard and into the open side of the net for his second goal.We better pick ourselves up and we better come to work tomorrow to get better, Detroit coach Jeff Blashill said. And we better put the work in that it takes to earn confidence come Wednesday (at Buffalo). Thats the bottom line. We better pick ourselves up in a hurry and focus on coming to win a hockey game on Wednesday.Mantha tied it 2-all 7:59 into the third with his first of the season. He put a snap shot under the crossbar on the short side after bringing the puck out from behind the net.Stajan gave the Flames a 2-1 lead at 2:31 of the third with his first goal of the season. He tipped in Hamiltons slap shot from the right point.Hathaway tied it 1-all at 3:40 of the second. Hathaway, who was beside the net and battling with a Red Wings player, got the shaft of his stick on a high shot by Hamilton from the top of the right circle and deflected it into the empty side of the net.Thats an amazing feeling. I saw Fer (Micheal Ferland) get the puck to Dougie, so I went to the net, Hathaway said. It was an odd play, because Howard was still flailing around, so I wasnt sure if he had the puck or if it had gone in. Ill probably tell people that I sniped it -- that sounds a lot better. Weve still got five more road games, so it is big to get this one and get some momentum.Tatar gave Detroit a 1-0 lead 8:06 into the game. He blindly slid a puck toward the net from the high slot that beat Johnson. It was Tatars third goal and only his second in 14 games.Howard was forced to make a couple of saves in close after Red Wings giveaways deep in their zone.Detroit defenseman Alexey Marchenko left with an upper-body injury after taking a hit from Ferland with a little less than 5:30 left in the second period. Blashill said Marchenko will likely be out a little while and the team would have more information Monday.Game notes Detroit LW Thomas Vanek returned after missing 11 games with a hip injury. The Red Wings were 3-7-1 without Vanek and averaged under two goals per game. He had four goals and eight points in seven games. ... Calgary forward Johnny Gaudreau missed his second game after sustaining a broken finger on a slash by Minnesota C Eric Staal. Gaudreau will miss six to eight weeks. ... Red Wings C Darren Helm missed his second game after dislocating his shoulder. He also will be out six to eight weeks.UP NEXTFlames: Visit the Buffalo Sabres on Monday night.Red Wings: Visit the Sabres on Wednesday night. Cheap Air Max Shoes Australia . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. Air Max Sale Australia . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. http://www.australiawholesaleairmax.com/ . To the surprise of many, it isnt the Wolverines but their in-state rivals the Michigan State Spartans. A spectacular try to Tevita Kuridrani, a monstrous performance by skipper David Pocock and a late missed field goal have earned the Wallabies B team a spirited 25-23 victory over France to maintain their unbeaten Spring Tour.Derided in the French press as a back-up squad, following mass changes to the starting sides which defeated Wales and Scotland, the Wallabies overcame scrum troubles and missed drop goal three minutes after the final whistle to escape Stade de France with a two-point win on Saturday night (Sunday morning AEDT).Whether they were labelled as the equipe bis or not the first team, I was just really proud of the effort, coach Michael Cheika said.We made some mistakes as well but I feel like there was a lot of commitment there from our lads.That gives them the opportunity to eye-ball each other in the dressing room after the game and say, you know what I did my job and I can look at my teammate straight in the eye and that is all there is to it.Bernard Foley was again the difference, kicking four from five and scoring a crucial try for a matchwinning haul of 15 points.France had a chance to steal the match at the death, when playmaker Camille Lopez sent a drop goal attempt wide from 35 metres out following a sustained attacking raid that Australia could only just manage to repel.The match highlighted repeatedly Australias frailties at the scrum but they were bailed out by a five-star performance from Pocock, in his first match as skipper since 2012, and lively No.8 Sean McMahon.The pair were pivotal in the Wallabies forcing 10 French turnovers - none more crucial than Pococks with three minutes to go, five metres out from thee Australian tryline. Buy Air Max Australia. eading 13-11 at halftime, Australia immediately showed their intent with the free-scoring Foley crossing three minutes after the break.Foleys superb kicking was again crucial, despite the No.10 being a late callup following a failed game-day fitness Test to Quade Cooper.Each Australian try in the second half triggered a French response - first through No.10 Jean-Marc Doussain, and later livewire centre Wesley Fofana.But Kuridranis putdown overshadowed them all.He fended off French No.6 Charles Ollivon before acrobatically planting the ball one-handed with his airborne body over the touchline.I think we all thought we were watching NRL for a moment when he went in with his whole body over the sideline, joked Cheika.Kuridranis third try in as many games gave Australia a sufficient lead for a stunning defensive effort to keep the French attacks out until well after the final whistle.Australias halftime lead seemed an unlikely outcome after France dominated the early exchanges.Feasting on a back-up Australian front row, the French lapped up early penalties and field position to take a deserved 8-0 lead through winger Virimi Vakatawa.A Foley penalty in the 20th minute halted the French charge, and Australia capitalised four minutes later when New Zealand referee Glen Jackson awarded a penalty try to the visitors.Frances Ollivon was yellow-carded for bringing down a rolling maul, steered by rookie hooker Tolu Latu, before both sides traded penalties to seal the 13-11 lead at the break. ' ' '