has helped carry a tight-knit class through the ups and downs of their career. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Mai 9 '19
ST. Salomon Shoes Clearance Australia . LOUIS -- Patrick Maroon scored an emotional goal to tie it, and then Ryan Nugent-Hopkins won it for Edmonton in overtime.Nugent-Hopkins scored 2:55 into OT after taking a pass from Connor McDavid, lifting the Oilers over the St. Louis Blues 3-2 on Monday night.The winner came after Maroon, a St. Louis native, got his first goal in nine career games against the Blues by tipping a shot by Brandon Davidson 5:47 into the third period.Cameras caught Maroons son Anthony celebrating the score in the stands, and Maroon cried when he was shown the video during a postgame television interview.I dont get to see him as much, he said, choking back tears. Its pretty special.That was good especially playing in front of a team that I grew up watching, he added. We had season tickets and you always get up for those games no matter what. Its fun to play your hometown team that you grew up watching and to get a goal is an extra bonus for me, and especially in front of my son and my family.McDavid became the first NHL player with 40 points by assisting on the OT goal.If you give Connor the puck and a good opportunity, hes going to make a play for sure, Nugent-Hopkins said.The OT goal frustrated St. Louis goalie Carter Hutton, who stopped 32 shots on his 31st birthday. It was his first start since Dec. 3, when the Blues lost to the Jets in overtime.It ended up in the net, Hutton said. I dont even know who scored it. Its a tough one to take. I thought Ive played pretty well since the start of the year but Im not putting up `Ws. Its tough.St. Louis scored first when Kyle Brodziak connected on a wrist shot 4:20 into the game. Nugent-Hopkins tried to poke the puck over the blue line, but Kevin Shattenkirk got it and passed to a wide open Brodziak, who beat Cam Talbot on his glove side.Edmonton tied at about seven minutes later. Leon Draisaitl won a faceoff and Tyler Pitlick buried the shot, beating Hutton on his right side. Draisaitl also assisted on Maroons goal.The Blues took the lead back 33 seconds later when Vladimir Tarasenko hit a wrist shot from the right circle.Tarasenko leads all NHL players with 15 points (six goals and nine assists) in December. Tarasenko has points in 17 of his last 21 games with 12 goals and 17 assists.Pitlick fell to the ice with 4:26 left in the second period, favoring his left leg. He checked Jori Lehtera and his momentum carried him into the boards. He got helped off the ice and back into the locker room.Talbot had 25 saves.Game notes The Blues have lost three in a row to the Oilers. Prior to that, St. Louis had won eight straight against Edmonton. ... St. Louis G Jake Allen got a rest after starting the last seven games, going 3-4 in that stretch. He is 11-1-2 with one shutout on home ice. ... Talbot leads the NHL in games played with 30. ... This was the second of three meetings between the two teams this season. ... Alexander Steen played in his 520th game as a Blue, passing Red Berenson for 10th in club history among forwards. ... St. Louis is 8-2-1 in its last 11 games at home. They have points in 15 of the last 16 home games.UP NEXT:Oilers: Wednesday night at Arizona.Blues: Tuesday night at Dallas. Cheap Salomon Shoes Australia . Goals from Jerome Boateng, Franck Ribery and Thomas Mueller extended Bayerns unbeaten run to a record 37 matches. "This record is incredible," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said. Buy Salomon Shoes Australia . The CFLs leading rusher kept adding to his gaudy numbers this season and scored the winning touchdown with just over two minutes to play. The New Westminster, B.C., native plowed three yards into the end zone for the last score of a heated, see-saw battle between the two teams with the best records in the CFL. http://www.cheapsalomonaustralia.com/ . Badenhop was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 relief appearances for Milwaukee this season. He is 18-20 in his career with three saves and a 3. MINNEAPOLIS -- Drew Wolitarsky will leave Minnesota without a Big Ten championship or a high-profile bowl victory, with losses by the Gophers in the majority of their trophy games against longstanding rivals.Thats not where the story of Wolitarskys career ends, though. The Gophers seniors, for all the letdowns theyve had over the last four years, have 30 wins with two games to go starting on Saturday at Wisconsin. The last class with that many victories was 2006. The Gophers have reached eight wins, including five in the Big Ten, which remain notable benchmarks for this program even in a season with a softer schedule.Then theres the off-the-field part, the lessons learned that will linger long after the last route is run and the final ball is caught.Its a life-changing experience. It really is. The main thing it taught me is I have the ability to go out into something extremely new, whether Im nervous or anxious to do it, and excel in it, said Wolitarsky , whos third in the conference with 57 receptions and eighth with 711 yards. If anything, its given me the confidence to do it again. Go somewhere new, try something new and be able to acclimate to it and succeed.Wolitarsky left Canyon High School in Santa Clarita, California, as the states all-time leading receiver with 281 catches and 5,148 yards. He wasnt a five-star recruit, though, so with Arizona, Army and San Jose State also under consideration he took a chance on the Big Ten with the Gophers. The passing game hasnt always clicked, but the 6-foot-3, 220-pound Wolitarsky is on track to finish in the top five in Minnesota history for single-season receptions and in the top 10 all-time for career yards. Hes already ninth in career catches.Was this the production he envisioned?I did, and then that first camp hit me and all my futuristic thinking went out the window, Wolitarsky said. I definitely gained the ability to stay in the moment, and thats something I had to learn. Just being present, letting things come to you and not trying to force things. Because every kid wants to do well, have big games, go to the NFL, but if you cant keep your focus at the present moment, a lot of things can go wrong and you lose touch with who you are and what youre doing. Salomon Shoes Outlet Australia. The challenge of maintaining that mindset is made easier by his non-football pastime of writing. An English major who was sparked to pursue the skill by Mitch Albom and inspired by other authors like Stephen King, Stephen Crane and Ernest Hemingway, Wolitarsky has published several science-fiction pieces and had a six-part short story published in a student-run campus magazine . During this season, he has delved more into poetry and shorter essays.Despite the discipline and uniformity of the sport, Wolitarsky has found plenty of art form in football too.Try to get into the defensive backs head. Whats he thinking Im going to run, and then how can I deceive him based on what hes seen me do before, Wolitarsky said. So you can use your creativity, and thats what I try to do in my routes. Its fun that way.Whether he can make it in the NFL or not, Wolitarsky will have plenty of options for his post-football life. Mentoring is one passion, having worked for a Twin Cities non-profit organization that supports youth in the arts .Im very adaptive, and I can do a lot of things, he said. Im very creative, so whatever I do would have to be something where I could use my creative ability and not sit at a desk all day and stare at a screen.Hes more than a one-dimensional player on the field, too.Hes blocked well, too. I mean, he really has, and hes had a complete year, coach Tracy Claeys said.Wolitarsky and quarterback Mitch Leidner have also been the primary source of the positive energy that has helped carry a tight-knit class through the ups and downs of their career.Always carries himself with class, and you cant say enough good things about him and what hes done for this program, Leidner said.---For more college football coverage: http://www.collegefootball.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '