two seasons. two seasons. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mai 9 '19
SAN DIEGO -- Ever the optimist, Philip Rivers has chosen to laugh to keep from crying as the pratfalls pile up for the San Diego Chargers, although he did seem misty-eyed as he tried to explain a particularly brutal collapse against New Orleans two weeks ago. Under Armour Clearance Australia .Is there more pain in store for the Chargers, who have led at halftime in all five games and at the two-minute warning in their first four games, and have scored at least 31 points three times, yet are 1-4?If so, it will be on display for a national TV audience when the Chargers host the five-time AFC West champion Denver Broncos (4-1) Thursday night.Rivers sure hopes not, although he knows the Chargers arent trying to fumble, throw interceptions, miss tackles and otherwise botch games.Its the mental challenge, really, now, Rivers said. Are we going to find a way to win, or are we going to find a new way to lose?Hopefully weve ran out of ways.The Chargers blew late leads in losses at Kansas City and Indianapolis, and at home against the Saints.Then came last week, when another fumble by Melvin Gordon and another shank by rookie punter Drew Kaser allowed the Raiders to take the lead with almost 13 minutes to play. A botched hold by Kaser on a potential tying field goal with 2:07 left sealed the face-plant.Coach Mike McCoys job could be on the line, and the Chargers arent helping their already longshot chances of getting voters to approve a $1.1 billion public handout for a new stadium on Election Day.The defending Super Bowl champion Broncos have problems of their own. Coach Gary Kubiak was ordered by doctors to sit this one out because of a migraine condition that mimics strokes.Special teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis was named acting head coach for this game. Trevor Siemian is expected to return as quarterback for Denver after rookie Paxton Lynch struggled in a loss to the Falcons.Here are some things to look for as the Broncos try for their 16th straight division road victory while the Chargers try to end their division losing streak at 10:HEAD COACH: Denvers DeCamillis said hed love to be a head coach in the NFL someday, but hes not viewing this as an audition. You always think about it. I interviewed for the Chicago job so you think about it, he said. I dont really look as this opportunity as that, to be honest with you. I look at helping an organization and helping a friend and a coach. Thats what Im doing. Im going to try everything that I can to help this organization get through this little bump in the road then well go from there.QB QUANDARY: Siemian, who bruised his left A.C. joint in Denvers 27-7 win at Tampa Bay, was expected to get the starting nod against Atlanta, but the Broncos deemed he wasnt ready and went with rookie Paxton Lynch instead. Lynch was the one who showed he wasnt ready. His poor footwork cost him a touchdown throw to a wide open Emmanuel Sanders and he constantly held onto the ball too long. It didnt help that RG Ty Sambrailo was a turnstile, allowing three sacks before being benched. Siemian is expected to return to the starting role.HOT SEAT: McCoy was Denvers offensive coordinator when he was hired by the Chargers in January 2013 to replace the fired Norv Turner. McCoy turned in two 9-7 seasons, including a playoff win and loss after the 2013 season, before the Bolts collapsed to 4-12 last season. The Chargers are 24-31 under McCoy and general manager Tom Telesco, also hired in January 2013. The last time the Chargers fired a coach during a season was when Kevin Gilbride lost his job six games into the 1998 season. The Chargers also fired legendary coach Don Coryell eight games into the 1986 season. The Chargers are 5-16 since John Spanos, the grandson of owner Alex Spanos, was promoted to president of football operations in May 2015. John Spanos had a big hand in hiring Telesco and McCoy.SATISFIED QB: Some pundits have suggested the Chargers should trade Rivers rather than continuing to waste his career. Rivers disagrees, saying hes been blessed to play in San Diego and raise his family here. There doesnt need to be any sympathy for me, said Rivers, who led the Chargers to the playoffs in his first four years as a starter. If form holds, San Diego will miss the playoffs for the sixth time in the past seven seasons.JOEY BOSA: The Chargers rookie defensive end had a nice NFL debut with two sacks and three tackles for losses in 27 snaps. Fans were left to wonder what could have been if Bosa hadnt missed all of training camp in a nasty contract dispute and then pulled a hamstring. Bosa said hes seen a change in fans attitude toward him. Its pretty funny. Its like, `Oh, dude, I hated you. And now I just bought your jersey. Its like, `All right, buddy. Thanks. Its how it is with anything, really.---AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Stapleton in Denver contributed.---Follow Bernie Wilson on Twitter at http://twitter.com/berniewilson---Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Under Armour Shoes Australia . - Levi Browns tenure at left tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers is over before it even began. Under Armour Discount Australia . Aaron Harrison scored a 22 points for Kentucky (6-1), which has won four in a row following a Nov. 12 loss to current No. 1 Michigan State. Julius Randle overcame a scoreless first half and added his sixth double-double in as many games with 14 points and 10 rebounds. http://www.underarmouraustraliawholesale.com/ . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. TORONTO -- Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred supports changing the rule that expands active rosters from 25 to 40 each Sept. 1.Managers have expressed concern that the rule changes late in the season, allowing multiple pitching changes for right-lefty matchups. The issue is part of negotiations for a labor contract to replace the deal that expires Dec. 2.Controversy has arisen because of changes that have taken place in the game and the way the game is played, particularly the use of so many relievers, Manfred said Tuesday before the AL wild-card game. I do believe in a reform of those rules, again protecting the benefits that are available to players, Im not looking to take away service time or anything like that, but I do think it would make sense to get to a situation where we played out September games closer to the rules that we play with the rest of the year.I dont think 18 pitchers in a game is a good thing, Manfred added.Manfred hopes a new labor contract is in place before the start of the offseason business cycle. Teams have until the fifth day after the World Series to make qualifying offers to their former players who became free agents, and free agents can negotiate terms with all teams starting the following day.On other topics:ExpansionWhile again saying stadium issues in Oakland and Tampa Bay have to be solved before expansion beyond 30 teams would be considered, Manfred acknowledged in terms of scheduling, 32 teams is a nice number for us, Manfred said.FernandezAsked about the idea of naming an award in honor of late Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez, Manfred said the shock of the situation has occupied baseball so far.I understand theres some strrong feelings on this topic, he said. Under Armour Outlet Australia. Its not the right time of year to be thinking about additional awards. But its an issue well talk about during the offseason. Obviously, we recognize the significance of Jose in terms of his importance to the Marlins franchise, and the fact that he was symbolic of the next generation of players.Home RunsManfred said testing has not revealed any difference in the ball that contributed to an increase in home runs.We are absolutely convinced this issue is not driven by a difference in the baseball, he said. My own view is the spike is related to the way the game is being played now, the way we are training hitters from a very young age. We have not been able to find any external cause that explains the spike in home runs.CubaBecause of the World Baseball Classic, no major league team is likely to play at exhibition game in Cuba during spring training.Wild cardManfred supports the one-and-done wild-card playoffs, now in their fifth year.We just had a final day of the season where you had all sorts of meaningful baseball games, and most of those meaningful games were related to the fact that we had a second wild card, he said. In terms of the games themselves, I understand that baseball doesnt usually have one-game knockouts, but I do believe these two games get our playoff season off to a really exciting start. Ive gone to the wild card games, each of them, the last two seasons. The atmospheres in the ballparks are phenomenal, and I think it gives a great jump start to our playoff season. ' ' '