. Others opined tha | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mai 9 '19
NEW YORK -- So many of her gifted contemporaries -- Justine Henin, Martina Hingis, Kim Clijsters -- checked out early. Cheap Jerseys . Why has Serena Williams, less than three weeks from her 35th birthday, continued to subject herself to the rigors of elite tennis?I think it just comes from a different place of just love and really enjoying it, Williams said Monday after she advanced to the quarterfinals of the US Open. I definitely never thought I would be playing still. Now I dont really see when Im going to stop because Im just enjoying these moments out here, getting to break records that I didnt even know existed or I didnt even know was possible.I think when you really enjoy what you do, its different.Four matches in, the No. 1-seeded Williams is precisely where the draw predicted -- opposite No. 5 Simona Halep in a 7 p.m. ET match Wednesday at Arthur Ashe Stadium (ESPN2 and WatchESPN).Given the quality and quantity of her time in tennis, Williams is starting to threaten many of the standards of this great game. On Monday, she won her 308th Grand Slam singles match, vaulting her past Roger Federer for the most all time.I just think winning 308 matches in general is pretty awesome. For that to be in a Grand Slam is pretty cool, she said. Its a huge number. Ive been playing for a really long time, but also given that consistency up there. Thats something that Im really proud of.Williams, by broad consensus, is the greatest womens server ever. How is it possible that, here, in her 21st year as a professional, she is serving better than ever?In the gaudy area of aces, shes well ahead of the field with 42, but her percentage of unreturned serves (48) and first-serve points won (87) are far and away the best numbers here. She cracked a 126 mph ace Monday against Yaroslava Shvedova -- fastest on the womens side here and faster than more than half the men.Its easy to forget Williams came in with a shoulder injury that caused her to miss the tournament three weeks in Cincinnati.I dont think I really served in the summer until I got here to New York, she said. It was a really tough summer for me.Maybe thats the key.Williams has beaten Halep in seven of their eight previous meetings, most recently in March at Indian Wells in straight sets. Halep dismissed the idea that it would be a mental challenge.Shes like the best player in the world, Halep said. I dont have to be afraid or to have emotions because I have nothing to lose. Like I said many times, I have learned from her many times.Such as?Oh, shes ambitious, Halep said. She gives everything to win all the matches. Her focus. She is focused, and she doesnt give up. Three things. And Im not telling anymore.Serena, who has been ranked at No. 1 for 186 consecutive weeks, knows the drill. She welcomes the added motivation on the other side of the court in her matches.With everyone I play, they play a step up and above their ranking, she said. I think thats the beauty, one of the reasons Im able to hang. Everyone Im playing is playing like theyre No. 1.To me it doesnt really matter who I play because I have to expect theyre going to play the match of their life. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. Cheap NFL Jerseys . Wall made the comment in a speech to a Regina business crowd that included Lesnar. The U.S. wrestler and retired mixed martial artist says he was visiting his brothers farm in Saskatchewan and decided he wanted to hear what the premier had to say. http://www.cheapjerseysbychina.com/ . White came in fourth place in the event. He was the two-time defending gold medallist. The gold medal went to Swiss snowboarder Iouri Podladtchikov. DETROIT -- Aretha Franklins lengthy version of the national anthem ahead of the Detroit Lions-Minnesota Vikings matchup may have been as much a topic at Thanksgiving dinner as the game itself.Franklins Star Spangled Banner clocked in at 4-minutes, 35 seconds on Thursday. Thats compared to about 2-minutes, 20 seconds for Whitney Houstons iconic rendition of the song ahead of the Super Bowl in 1991.Franklin quickly started trending on social media. One Twitter user joked that there was enough time to cook a turkey, eat and do the dishes during the performance. Cheap Jerseys China. Others opined that the 74-year-old Queen of Soul had earned the right to sing the anthem for as long as she wanted.The CBS production team got in on the fun during the game by including Franklin in a time of possession graphic . ' ' '