Tyler Chatwood (10-6, 3.50 ERA) ha | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mai 9 '19
WASHINGTON -- Its the opening week of the NFL season, but Jakob Silfverberg will jokingly admit he doesnt know too much about American football. Wholesale Shoes Uk Online .Hes not concerned that the New England Patriots will be without star quarterback Tom Brady for the first four games because of a suspension. Silfverberg knows the difference between Eli and Peyton Manning, but it doesnt matter. Theres only one thing the 25-year-old forward for Team Sweden is concerned about right now and thats the World Cup of Hockey.He already owns an impressive international resume for Sweden, most recently earning a silver medal with the team at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. As surreal as that moment was for Silfverberg, hes in awe every time hes in the locker room or on the ice with some of his hockey idols, including teammate Erik Karlsson, whos only seven months older. Silfverberg also appreciates the fact that when he glances into the stands during a practice, theres Swedish hockey legend Daniel Alfredsson.Silfverberg is humble. Hes modest and sometimes cant believe he has reached the highest levels in hockey. A combination of work ethic and talent has earned him that right.Always as a kid I wasnt really anything special, he said. I was usually a two-way forward and just kept working hard and thats kind of stuck with me. Ive never been a superstar. Ive just been a hard-working guy whos been able to work his way up. Internationally, I was in the Olympics and that was a lot of fun. I didnt play much but I learned a lot from it and just being around these guys is a great honor. Its nice being around these superstars.Sweden coach Rikard Gronborg has witnessed the young players work ethic first-hand.Thats why hes here, Gronborg said. Thats why hes playing in the National Hockey League. Hes a tremendous competitor. Hes diligent with everything he does when it comes to [nutrition] and everything he puts into his body, and hes top-notch when it comes to that.Said a Western conference coach, via text: I love Silfverberg. I think he has become a very dangerous all-around player. Can produce and play in any situation. I think he keeps elevating his game.Most of the best players in the world play a solid two-way style. It was in his late teens when he figured out that was the type of player he needed to be in order to have success.Its always been there, Silfverberg said. I started off playing center until I was 17 or 18, and thats when I switched to wing and always took defensive responsibilities. Even as a kid, my mom and dad always had to tell me I wasnt supposed to be a defenseman. I was supposed to score goals because I was a forward, but its been sticking with me for a long time. Thats how I am off the ice too. I like to take responsibility and I like to know whats going on. Its been there my whole life.Selected by the Ottawa Senators in the second round (39th overall) in the 2009 draft, Silfverberg made his NHL debut during the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs. He was 22 at the time and had just won the Swedish championship when the Senators summoned him. He played only two games in those playoffs but it was an invaluable experience.My strongest memory of that is when we won the championship back home in Sweden and then a week after that I flew [to Ottawa] and was playing in the playoffs with Erik Karlsson, Alfredsson and [Jason] Spezza, and we were playing against the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden, said Silfverberg, who was traded to the Anaheim Ducks, along with Stefan Noesen and Ottawas first-round pick in the 2014 draft for Bobby Ryan on July 5, 2013.That was one of my strongest memories. Even though I didnt play my best hockey, there was a lot of stuff going on, it wasnt my best hockey but it was a really good moment.It made me realize that its a bigger step than I thought it was. I thought the adjustment was going to be easier. It was alarming and Alfie said, This isnt going to be easy. These guys can really play. I thought the step was going to be easier but that was a good way to realize that this is the best league in the world.Before his NHL arrival, Silfverberg broke Alfredssons Swedish Elite League single-season playoff scoring record with 13 goals.?At that point and time I wasnt too concerned with any record, he said. I was just so happy that we managed to win the championship. It wasnt until I actually arrived in Ottawa a week and a half later, and Erik told me I beat Alfies record and he was upset with me. Obviously, it was in a fun tone. [Alfredsson] was laughing a little bit about it and obviously its extra special taking it from Alfie.Alfredsson, who retired after 17 seasons in 2013-14, has been impressed with Silfverberg since seeing him during those playoffs in 2012.I thought he was very mature for a young guy, said Alfredsson, an adviser for Team Sweden. I knew he was a scorer but he was all-around really responsible, and being thrown into that situation is not easy, but he did a great job for us. You can tell right away his shot is exceptional. He, too, felt the pace is different but with his smartness you knew he could go out and play and contribute and obviously keep it simple. Clearance Sale Shoes Uk . Perez, 35, posted a 1-2 record with a 3.69 earned-run average in 19 relief appearances last season. His season ended Aug. 9 due to a torn ligament in his left elbow. Perez joins infielder Andy LaRoche and catcher Mike Nickeas with minor-league agreements for 2014 that include invitations to attend spring training. Wholesale Clearance Shoes Uk .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team. http://www.wholesaleshoesuk.com/ . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. DENVER -- Carlos Gonzalez homered twice before leaving with an apparent ankle injury and the Colorado Rockies beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 12-2 Wednesday night.Gonzalez had his 19th multi-homer game of his career with Nos. 22 and 23 this season for Colorado. He was forced to exit the game in bottom of seventh after he appeared to roll his left ankle at the plate.Nolan Arenado, Mark Reynolds and DJ LeMahieu also went deep in the win for Colorado, which has won 11 of 13 to move above the .500 mark for the first time since May 18.The Rockies latest streak has them within three games of the second NL wild card, with three teams between them and St. Louis. Gonzalez missing any substantial amount of time would hamper any postseason hopes -- especially since rookie shortstop Trevor Story (thumb) was already lost for the remainder of the season.Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw was moved to the 60-day disabled list earlier in the day, and right-hander Louis Coleman (shoulder fatigue) and left-hander Adam Liberatore were also placed on the DL -- giving Los Angeles an NL-record 25 players put there this season.Arenado hit a three-run home run to spark a five-run first inning off Los Angeles starter Brock Stewart (0-2). Reynolds added a two-run blast put the Rockies ahead 5-2.Arenado hit a three-run home run and Reynolds added a two-run shot in a five-run first inning off Los Angeles starter Brock Stewart (0-2).Later, LeMahieu and Gonzalez homered as part of a four-run fifth. Gonzales went deep again in the sixth.Tyler Anderson (4-3) allowed two ruuns in seven innings for Colorado. Wholesale Shoes Suppliers Uk. He struck out six and walked two. His lone blemish came in the first inning when Justin Turner hit a two-run home run.SCOREBOARD WATCHING(This is) when the fun starts, Rockies manager Walt Weiss said of the wild-card race. This is time of year where you get to watch the scoreboard and youre paying attention to the other games. Theres that focus and emphasis on your game every night, to win every night. Thats fun.Its a lot easier showing up to the ballpark under those circumstances.TRAINERS ROOMDodgers: Kershaw (back) wont be eligible to return until Aug. 27 at the earliest. ... LHP Rich Hill (hand) threw around 50 pitches in a bullpen session Wednesday. He looked real good and executed all his pitches, Roberts said. ... RHP Bud Norris threw a bullpen session and could make his next start this weekend.Rockies: SS Story (thumb) will undergo surgery Thursday in Denver. Story suffered a torn ulnar collateral ligament in Saturdays win over the Mets.UP NEXTDodgers: RHP Kenta Maeda (9-7, 3.23 ERA) has had some early success against the Rockies this season. In two starts against Colorado, the Japanese pitcher has allowed just one run and struck out 17 in 13 innings.Rockies: RHP Tyler Chatwood (10-6, 3.50 ERA) has allowed just one run and four hits in his previous two starts. Less impressive is the fact that he also gave up 12 walks in 12 innings during those starts. ' ' '