a took a single off the first ball, before three wickets - | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mai 10 '19
RIO DE JANEIRO -- In a flash, the Jamaican sprinter with her hair dyed green and yellow flew down the track, through the interview room and out of the stadium. Vans Sale Canada .Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce can only hope to be that fast in the 100 meters when she goes for a third straight Olympic title Saturday.Make room, Usain Bolt, youre not the only one trying for a little bit of history on the track in Rio de Janeiro.Fraser-Pryce is often overshadowed by her famous teammate, but really takes a backseat to no one. Shes the unquestioned favorite, too, even if shes been dealing with a sore toe. Fraser-Pryce had the fastest time in the first round Friday in 10.96 seconds.But dont hand her that crown just yet. She still has to make it out of the semifinals and hold off a talented field in the final.Anybody can be beat. Anything can happen on any day, said American sprinter Tianna Bartoletta, one of five women to crack 10.8 seconds this year. You dont go into a race thinking about how to beat a specific person. You go into a race thinking about how to conquer yourself and execute your perfect race.The 29-year-old Fraser-Pryce, who was the flag bearer for the Jamaicans at the opening ceremony, won the 100 at the world championships in Beijing last August.When you have five girls who can run 10.7 and better, its going to be a good race, American sprinter English Gardner said. I definitely foresee a fast time in this final. If I could take a wild guess, Id say someones going to run 10.6 and hopefully its me. I have one job, and thats to stop the clock, and not let any other girl do it before me.Here are a few women who can give Fraser-Pryce a run for her title:ELAINE THOMPSON: She has the worlds fastest time this season (10.70 seconds) and beat Fraser-Pryce at the Jamaican trials. In her country, Thompson is considered the next big thing.GARDNER, BARTOLETTA: Finished 1-2 at the U.S. Olympic Trials last month. Gardner always talks about wanting to shock the world, and this would definitely qualify. Bartoletta will get another chance at a gold medal next week in the long jump, where shes the reigning world champion.DAFNE SCHIPPERS: The former heptathlon standout is known more for the 200 meters. But the 24-year-old Dutchwoman finished second in the 100 at the world championships last August in Beijing.TORI BOWIE: Taken in by her grandmother as an infant after she was left at a foster home, Bowie was coaxed into track as a teenager and has shined ever since. She won a bronze medal at last years worlds.MURIELLE AHOURE: Carried the flag for Ivory Coast in the opening ceremony. Could be carrying away a medal as a dark horse. Born in the Ivory Coast, she moved to Paris when she was 2 and the U.S. at 12. She has a degree in criminal law from the University of Miami. Discount Vans Canada . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. Wholesale Vans For Sale . The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive boost and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and football knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. http://www.discountvanscanada.com/ .C. -- Rodney Hood connected from all over the court while freshman Jabari Parker was busy swatting shots and scoring in transition. Ireland Women 54 for 8 (Shillington 26, Tul Kubra 3-5) beat Bangladesh Women 48 for 6 (Hoque 24, OReilly 2-5) by six runsScorecard Ireland Women defended 54 against Bangladesh Women in a T20I that was reduced to 10 overs a side in Bready. Steady rain had delayed the start of the match by more than two hours, but a tightly contested match and a last-over finish made up for it. Lucy OReilly, the 16-year old seamer, had nine runs to defend and she did it in style, picking up two wickets and helping pull off a run-out as well. Irelands hard-fought six-run victory gave them a 1-0 lead in the two-match T20I series.The game had been shortened before the captains walked out to the toss. Bangladesh won it and put Ireland in, who had difficulty scoring boundaries on a slow outfield. Seamer Ritu Moni got rid of the 15-year old opener Gaby Lewis in the third over, but was also hit for two fours by Clare Shillington. With 10 batsmen to play 10 overs, there was no need to hold back.However,, that ploy didnt quite pay off for Ireland. Vans Shoes Canada Cheap. They put on 21 for 6 in the 32 balls after Shillingtons dismissal in the fifth over. Her 26 was the only double-digit score for the hosts as they finished on 54 for 8. Offspinner Khadija Tul Kubra picked up 3 for 5 in two overs.Bangladesh found batting equally tough, scoring 23 for 2 in the first six overs, each of which was delivered by a different bowler. This left them requiring 32 off the last four overs, 17 off two and finally 10 off the last six balls. Their hopes rested largely on Fargana Hoque, who was batting on 23 off 22 and had held the innings together up to that point.Fargana took a single off the first ball, before three wickets - one of them a run-out - fell in the next three. OReilly bowled a dot on the fifth ball and left Bangladesh an impossible nine runs off the final ball. ' ' '