a row -- the last eight games of the 20 | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 12 '19
WASHINGTON -- A day after a health scare forced Terry Francona out of action, the Cleveland Indians manager felt more embarrassed than anything about not being able to work a game. cheap football jerseys .Francona complained of chest pains, broke out into a sweat and had a heart rate over 100 beats a minute at Nationals Park. After an electrocardiogram and full checkup at the stadium, the Indians sent him back to the hotel as a precaution.Francona was back at the ballpark for their game Wednesday afternoon.Despite a history of blood clots and pulmonary embolisms, Francona appreciated jokes from team staffers like travel director Mike Segli calling dibs on his scooter.I probably had more messages that were not complimentary than were, Francona said with a laugh. I was more embarrassed. If guys started worrying -- treating me like that -- Id have been scared. Because if anybody deserves it its probably me.The 57-year-old has twice suffered a pulmonary embolism. He compared Tuesdays episode to something that happened to him at Yankee Stadium in 2005 when he was managing the Boston Red Sox.The day after a dinner with his coaches, Francona had to be woken up on the bus ride to the stadium by bench coach Brad Mills and knew something was wrong when he was drenched in sweat. Francona tried to manage through it, but when a paramedic gave him nitroglycerin and the reaction produced a headache, he was rushed to a hospital by helicopter for fear that he had a heart attack.Francona didnt have a heart attack but rather something that mimicked the symptoms.Doctors thought one of my (blood) clots had maybe slipped through the little screen in there, Francona said. It kind of acts like a heart attack and gives you the same feeling and then because Im on blood thinners it went away. It put me in the hospital for three days.Francona didnt require hospitalization this time and instead reported that his heart rate was still elevated on Wednesday but not as bad. A stethoscope sat on a table outside the visiting managers office, but Francona joked that the Nationals team doctor hadnt come over to check him out, so he must not be that worried about me.Mills replaced Francona as manager for the night. The hardest part for Francona was watching from the hotel as the Indians were no-hit for six innings by Max Scherzer but then came back and won.I started feeling better when Scherzer threw that ball in the corner, Francona said, referring to a two-base error that helped the Indians win 3-1. Its a helpless feeling, but it doesnt matter. Millsys managed more games than I have. Its just you hate to not be there. cheap nfl jerseys for china . -- Jimmie Johnson held off a teammate, passed a pair of Hall of Famers, and dominated once more at Dover. wholesale nfl jerseys . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. http://www.cheapnfljerseyschinaforwholesale.com/ . Louis Blues absence from top spot in the TSN. Here are some things to watch when the Big 12 Conference wraps its regular season in Week 14, when the other Power Five conferences play their championship games:GAME OF THE WEEKNo. 11 Oklahoma State (9-2, 7-1 Big 12, No. 10 CFP) at No. 7 Oklahoma (9-2, 8-0 Big 12, No. 9 CFP). A year before the league reinstates its title game, the Bedlam rivalry serves as a de facto Big 12 championship game for the second year in a row. Neither team has lost since September. The winner will be the Big 12 champion and head to the Sugar Bowl to face an SEC team. The Sooners are going for their 10th Big 12 title while trying to become the first team to go undefeated in league play since going to a round-robin schedule in 2011. Oklahoma has an eight-game winning streak; the Cowboys have won seven in a row.BEST MATCHUPTCU coach and Kansas State alum Gary Patterson vs. the Wildcats. While Patterson sets a TCU record when he coaches his 202nd game, K-State coach Bill Snyder goes for his 201st victory. In Big 12 games this season, Kansas State is averaging 30.6 points a game, and TCU 30.5. On defense, Pattersons squad allows 27.9 points per game, and the Wildcats give up 27.2 a game. TCU (6-5, 4-4 Big 12) got bowl eligible with its win last week over Texas. The Wildcats (7-4, 5-3) will finish no lower than fourth in the Big 12 after being a preseason pick for eighth.INSIDE THE NUMBERSSnyder (200 wins), Oklahomas Bob Stoops (188) and Patterson (149) are 1-2-3 among active FBS coaches for wins at their current schools. cheap jerseys for wholesale. ... Baylor (6-5, 3-5) got bowl eligible with its 6-0 start, but goes to West Virginia with a five-game losing streak, the Bears longest since dropping nine in a row -- the last eight games of the 2007 season and then the 2008 opener. ... Texas junior running back DOnta Foreman will finish his college career with a school-record 13 consecutive 100-yard games. Foreman said hes skipping his senior season after rushing for 2,028 yards and 15 TDs this year.LONG SHOTThe Big 12 getting into the four-team College Football Playoff since Oklahoma is ninth and Oklahoma State 10th in the latest CFP rankings. Defending national champion Alabama and Ohio State, which won first CFP title two seasons ago, are 1-2 and seem almost certain locks for the field. Also ranked ahead of the Big 12 teams are potential ACC champion Clemson, and the four teams that will play in the Big Ten and Pac-12 championship games.IMPACT PERFORMERMartell Pettaway was going to redshirt at West Virginia (9-2, 6-2) -- until the 11th game this season. With injuries to other running backs, the freshman made his Mountaineers debut with 181 yards on 30 carries last week at Iowa State.---Compiled by AP Sports Writer Stephen Hawkins in Fort Worth, Texas.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '