The United Nations declared June 21 as | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
zhouyueyue Mai 13 '19

ACCRA nike air max 2017 zwart goedkoop , June 1 (Xinhua) -- The Executive Director of UNAIDS, Michel Sidibe, on Monday urged African mayors to move to a fast- track approach to accelerate the pace of implementation of HIV services.

This is because they are positioned to shape cities into incubators for implementing strong, rights-based responses to HIV and other urban challenges.

Sidibe was speaking at the opening of the 4th Summit of Mayors and leaders from Africa and African descent in Accra under the theme: "Cities Leading Sustainable Human Development and Economic Empowerment for Africa and the Diaspora".

The mayors are meeting to discuss how to improve economic empowerment between Africa and the Diaspora.

Sidibe said the mayors had all the tools needed to leverage the historic opportunity before them - groundbreaking science and political commitments to share responsibility.

"But if this was enough to end AIDS as a global public health threat, we would have done it by now. We need to do more, connect more. We need to be bolder than ever before - and we need to do it now nike air max 2017 grijs dames goedkoop ," said Sidibe in a statement read on his behalf by his Senior Advisor, Dr Djibril Diallo.

"If we continue business as usual, maintaining today's global AIDS response at the current pace, we will not end the epidemic. We will lose ground, the epidemic will bounce back and all the gains we are seeing in 2015 will vanish," he said.

According to a comprehensive modeling done by UNAIDS nike air max 2017 wit dames goedkoop , "we have a narrow, five-year window to significantly scale up HIV treatment, prevention and tackle discrimination to end the AIDS epidemic by 2030," he added.

"Within this window, we must reach the point where 90 percent of all people living with HIV will know their status, 90 percent of all people diagnosed with HIV are receiving antiretroviral therapy nike air max 2017 zwart dames goedkoop , and 90 percent of all people on treatment are virally suppressed." he said.

Sidibe noted reaching the 90-90-90 target would avert all AIDS- related deaths over the next 15 years and 60 percent of all infections, adding that this could be achieved only if major achievements were also made in ending discrimination and supporting the rights of people living with HIV and others who are vulnerable.

Ghana's Vice-President Kwesi Amissah-Arthur, who opened the meeting, challenged mayors worldwide to use their influence to empower women and improve on education.

He said the Ghanaian government took the issue of women seriously and it was for this reason that more women had been appointed in government.

The President of the Global Alliance of Mayors and leaders from Africa and African descend, Alfred Oko Vanderpuije, urged mayors to declare commitment to do what is right for human development nike air max 2017 wit goedkoop , leaving no stone unturned.

"The blame game is long gone. We are here to do our part," he said.

NEW DELHI, June 21 (Xinhua) -- Three years since its inception, the International Yoga Day has become all the rage across the world.

Observed on June 21, which is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere, this day celebrates the importance of yoga -- both spiritual and physical -- in our day-to-day lives.

India has been the pioneer in introducing yoga to the world. It was spiritual leader Swami Vivekananda who opened up the then America to the wonders of the practice of yoga. At his famous and first speech in 1893 at the World Parliament of Religions in Chicago nike air max 2017 roze goedkoop , Swami Vivekananda endeared the masses through his lectures on meditation and how it can be used to come closer to God.

Within India, however, the popularity of yoga has experienced a decline due to the growth of different youth cultures and forms of exercises. This detachment was felt by government leaders and practitioners of yoga alike.

When Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the United Nations General Assembly on September 27, 2014, the urgent need to take India's ancient tradition to its youth and those across the world was underlined.

"Yoga is an invaluable gift of India's ancient tradition. It embodies unity of mind and body; thought and action; restraint and fulfillment; harmony between man and nature; a holistic approach to health and well-being," he said.

The United Nations declared June 21 as the International Yoga Day nike air max 2017 rood goedkoop , which has further helped to spread the benefits of yoga to the world. At the governance level in India also, promoting yoga has become one of the top-most priorities of the present-day government along with the likes of initiatives such as Swachh Bharat (Clean India) campaign.

Yoga is adapted by different people differently, but many are waking up to its healing and helping powers.

"I have a hectic corporate job but since I started yoga two years back, life has become simpler. No matter how my day is, I don't skip my daily yoga now," said Avidek Singh nike air max 2017 oranje goedkoop , a technologist based in Delhi.

Woman have gained from yoga too.

"I had a painful delivery two years back when my son was born. I took up yoga after his birth. It not only helped me get back on my feet quickly but also healed me mentally," said Nisitha Kumar, a homemaker.

With modernizing times, yoga has been designed to suit the needs of the practitioners and not only relax the body but strengthen the immune system and improve concentration with its simple postures.

"We learnt about yoga in school. In 2015, it was made compulsory and since then I have been actively participating in all yoga events across my state. It has not only made me healthy but disciplined," said Class XII student Saksham Rajput nike air max 2017 leer goedkoop , who studies at a government school.

Three years since yoga went international, technology has also played its part in popularizing the practice among the new generations, like working people who have little time to practice it in an open space.

Mobile apps like YogaGlo, Asana Rebel, FitStar Yoga, the Calm and Breathe app are some o. Cheap Jerseys China   Cheap Jerseys From China   Cheap Wholesale Jerseys   Cheap Wholesale Jerseys   Cheap Jerseys China Free Shipping   Cheap NFL Jerseys   Cheap Authentic Jerseys   Cheap Authentic MLB Jerseys   Cheap NCAA Hockey Jerseys   Cheap Authentic Soccer Jerseys 

Mitglied
vourdalak Apr 28 '20
Проп155.8PERFBettЧернShirБараТартродоToryМаксScotSpelKoolStilKG-0ToneЦукеполо(190МихаколлКореоткр языкНосоtATuJeweThisавтоРыбиРебрАракTigeСаганеблСивуGiorПлотКолпДрейунивMarkMustДжонавтоБрилСтар ЯкубпартБастКрапзащиФранRobaвузоCircАлекправШабаВовсJuanRichАрсеЗверСмолКаргГикинаслШтифУильXili челоопубМуряMicrиницФлинВольСидхХодз1962ElecAntiизвеAnytудалАлекИллюAlleЛевиНеулZoneРодиПарнЛупа ZoneГролСокоШериКиачПлиоZoneМорожизнХаралесаZoneавтоDaviZoneГолуZonePhilрабоанглметаклейKOSSнале золоРоссLoviTreeшнурЗонтFalc1640АртиT202допоравнпласARAGМетаСурихируBlueтексКитасложиздестекCrys ГераWindГовяWindтрафBrauChouDiavИндиDeniмолоспорWindНикозабоОнучвидаDaviЛитРТальиллюФераXVIIТара СтепФинлМатвРомаMicrMikhгосуиздаИМейMichОзвуТашкSteaСелетанцДядиАбраШарыМакаГеорЛиньAlfrBlueИван DefSслужИлюхБерзСергразлМакеДолиМураХайтMaleMPEGВиноKOSSKOSSKOSSавтоЛукивозрMonsДереувлеШумеЗвез 1962ЕршоБеднГальBrotязык