ed for weeks, and George Edwards will | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 13 '19
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Rocket Man got his fuel back. Asics Schuhe Kaufen . Finally. Ryan Newman snatched the pole away from Jimmie Johnson with a blistering lap of 187.531 mph around Indianapolis Motor Speedway to set a track record for NASCAR races at the Brickyard. Newman was the last of the 45 drivers to make a qualifying attempt Saturday as Johnsons No. 48 was atop the scoring tower for well over an hour with a lap of 187.438. Driver after driver had failed to knock Johnson from the pole, and the four-time Brickyard winner watched and waited to see if Newman could get the job done. Newman, an Indiana native, pulled it off as Johnson smiled his approval. "You cant count Ryan out, and he put up a whale of a lap," Johnson said. Added team co-owner Tony Stewart, "They dont call him Rocket Man for no reason. He had an awesome lap." Its the 50th pole for Newman, who established himself as an elite qualifier with six poles his rookie season. He set a NASCAR record with 11 poles in 2003, and won at least one pole a year for 11 seasons. But hed been in a drought of late, and Newmans last pole was late in the 2011 season. "I just am ecstatic. Its awesome because its my 50th. Its awesome because its Indy, and its a track record on top of that, so its like a double triple bonus," Newman said. The normally stoic Newman admitted he got emotional on the backstretch of his cool-down lap. "Its more special to me because its the Brickyard, because its Indy, because of the history of auto racing at this facility," he said. "So many drivers who are my heroes, so many drivers Ive admired, so many drivers that have worked so hard in their career to get to here on this day, to be the fastest one, thats whats the most special to me." The drought on poles had weighed on Newman over the last year. "Its been bothering me for a long time," he said. "I feel like Im a driver that can still hit his marks each and every lap and put it all together, and we didnt win a pole last year. We were close at times." The 50th pole of his career is good enough for ninth on the career list, and it comes at a critical time for Newman. Stewart told Newman hes not being re-signed for next season two weeks ago, and Newman is currently looking for a job for 2014. "No hard feelings. They made a move, and that move makes me move, and theres no hard feelings," Newman said. "I dont know what Im going to do. Obviously this is a good step in publicity for me on the positive side, so well see what we can do tomorrow." Carl Edwards qualified third at 187.157, and was already seated for the post-qualifying news conference when he watched on television as Newman knocked Johnson and Edwards down a notch. "I felt really good -- second is the worst," Edwards said about qualifying third. "Its the worst to qualify second, and nobody wants anybody to go through what Jimmie just had to go through. We all dont feel too bad for Jimmie, but that was pretty dramatic. I didnt really expect that." Johnson, who on Sunday will try to win his fifth Brickyard and tie Formula Ones Michael Schumacher as the winningest driver at Indy, said his lap wasnt perfect. "I did miss Turn 2 a little bit on my turning point, and felt like I made that mistake," Johnson said. "But Ryan hit all four corners great and got it done. Happy for him. Its got to be a big day for him, being a hometown boy and all. Very happy for Ryan and very happy for our team." Denny Hamlin qualified fourth and was followed by Stewart, a two-time Indy winner, as Stewart-Haas Racing has two cars starting in the top five. Kurt Busch was sixth and followed by Kasey Kahne, Juan Pablo Montoya, four-time Indy winner Jeff Gordon and Marcos Ambrose. Asics Schuhe Günstig Kaufen . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but took over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. Asics Schweiz Online . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. http://www.asicsschweizonline.com/ . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. Liverpool ($2.12) has attracted plenty of interest from punters ahead of Tuesdays (AEDT) English Premier League clash with Manchester United ($3.40) at Anfield.More than half of the money wagered on the match with UBET is on the home side, with punters putting their faith in Jurgen Klopps men as they chase win number six for the season.Swedish supersstar Zlatan Ibrahimovic ($6. Asics Schuhe Größentabelle. 50) is best-backed to score the first goal, followed by Manchester United teammate Marcus Rashford ($8).Click here for all UBET markets on the final Premier League fixture of week 8. ' ' '