se we missed an opportunity at Bay | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
love520 Mär 30 '18
BERKELEY, Calif. Wesley Woodyard Jersey . -- His injured toe no longer a concern, Californias Ivan Rabb is proving that his decision to put off the NBA for at least one year was a good one.The Golden Bears are certainly glad he stayed.Rabb scored five of his career-high 25 points in overtime and California held on to beat Louisiana Tech 68-59 on Wednesday night.All of Rabbs points in overtime came on free throws after the Golden Bears didnt go to the line at all in the second half. Rabb shot 9 of 12 and added a season-high 13 rebounds for his fourth consecutive double-double after missing two games with a toe injury.Were feeding him, California center Kingsley Okoroh said. Last year we didnt look for him as much. This year we need him to score, we need him to step up. Hes doing well what needs to be done.California made only one basket in overtime -- Grant Mullins 3-pointer -- but went 8 of 12 on free throws while holding Louisiana Tech to two points.Rabb led the way in overtime but also gave the Bears a lift with 16 points in the first half. That was an emphasis after he got off to sluggish starts in the previous three games.My goal today was to put two halves together because every game it seemed like its just been one half, Rabb said. I wasnt thinking too much. I was just letting the game come to me and I think that really benefited us as a whole.Kingsley Okoroh had nine points, 12 rebounds and matched his career-high with five blocks as California (5-1) extended its winning streak at Haas Pavilion to 24 -- two shy off the school record and tied with Virginia for the sixth-longest active streak in the nation. Charlie Moore added 19 points.Erik McCree had 11 points and 11 rebounds for Louisiana Tech (3-3) after going scoreless in the first half. Derric Jean added 13 points, seven rebounds and six assists.We were right up there until the very end, Bulldogs coach Eric Konkol said. We need to build on this so we arent in the same situation again.California fed off Rabbs fast start and held a nine-point lead with 2:13 left in the first half before Louisiana Tech scored seven straight to pull within 31-29 at halftime.I thought it would be, I didnt think it would be that tough, Bears coach Cuonzo Martin said. They really made us work for shots. (Rabb) did a good job of staying aggressive, staying active, staying locked in.BIG PICTURELouisiana Tech: The Bulldogs showed some grit in taking the game to overtime after it looked like they were on the verge of being blown out early. Shooting 18 of 66 (27.3 percent) wont make it an easy pill to swallow, either. The good news is that the big three -- McCree, Jacobi Boykins and Jean -- continue to get to the basket fairly easily. The bad news is that redshirt senior Qiydar Davis might have suffered a season-ending knee injury.California: This is one that Martin cant be completely pleased with. The offense ran smoothly as long as Rabb was on the court but Cal went stagnant whenever he was on the bench. Rabbs performance is a good sign for the Bears because hell be spending additional time in the post now that backup center Kameron Rooks is out for at least a month following arthroscopic surgery on his left knee earlier Wednesday. Okoroh will get extended minutes, too, until Rooks returns.DAVIS DONE AGAIN?Davis season is in doubt after the redshirt senior appeared to injure his right knee early in the second half. Davis, who is playing on a medical redshirt waiver this season after suffering an MCL injury in 2015, had to be helped off the court in the first half before going down again with just over 15 minutes left to play.UP NEXTLouisiana Tech: The Bulldogs return home to host Southeastern Louisiana on Saturday night.California: Hosts Alcorn State on Saturday before heading to Hawaii to play Princeton and Seton Hall in the Pearl Harbor Invitational. Steve McNair Jersey . -- Three close looks at the bucket, three misses. Erik Walden Jersey . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. http:///...weems-titans-jersey/ .  Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. LOS ANGELES -- UCLA guard Jordin Canada was so focused on grabbing the one rebound she needed for her first career triple double that when teammate Monique Billings flung away the rebounded basketball they both held, Canada glared at her. Players and coaches on the UCLA bench all knew what was at stake and collectively groaned in disbelief.Everyone finished with smiles because Canada grabbed her 10th rebound with 48 seconds left.Canada had 11 points, 10 rebounds and 12 assists to lead No. 9 UCLA to a 95-47 win over Southern University on Friday night.Its the sixth triple-double in school history, and Canada also crossed the 1,000-point mark, a milestone she didnt realized she reached until after the game.Its also an honor. Its a great feeling to know that Ive put in the work, Canada said. Im very proud of myself, but its not all about points. Yes, its a great honor, but its not everything.Billings had a double-double with 22 points and 15 rebounds, her fifth consecutive one dating back to last season. She also set a career-high with six steals.But she drew the ire of her point guard.We have goals that we have to meet. Mo was one rebound away from getting 15 rebounds, which was her goal, Canada said. I was one rebound away from getting a triple double. At the time, I thought she already met her goal. When the ball went up we both had it, and I was screaming because I wanted it. She took it away. I was mad. I didnt realize she hadnt met her goal until afterward, so I felt bad. Were just really passionate about getting our goals.UCLA had just nine players available. Four players are injured and have yet to play this season.Canada prides herself on passing, defending and, when a milestone is on the line, rebounding.Ive never seen Jordan so mad at me running down the court, Billings said with a laugh. She got her rebound too, after so its all good.Skylar OBear scored 14 points and Briana Green added 112 for Southern (1-2). Bruce Matthews Jersey. Kennedy Burke led the Bruins in scoring with 23 points, including a career-high five 3-pointers. UCLA had a school-record 14 3-pointers as a team, breaking the mark of 12 set against Hawaii in 2009.BIG PICTURE:Southern got the experience of playing one of the best teams in the country on the road and will have plenty of learning opportunities in a postgame film session.UCLA has its sights set on a national championship and with a loss to No. 2 Baylor on the road four days ago, it showed the Bruins theres work to be done. UCLA dominated at home on Friday, where it plays so well, but hasnt won a road game against a ranked opponent in its last 13 consecutive games.UP NEXT:Southern University returns home to play Bethune-Cookman on Thursday but its a one-game stint in New Orleans as the Jaguars play six of their first eight games on the road.UCLA hosts Cal Poly on Sunday before traveling to Mexico for the Cancun Challenge, which starts on Thanksgiving.POLL IMPLICATIONS After the loss at No. 2 Baylor on Monday, which came after the polls were released earlier in the day, UCLA likely will fall out of the top 10. The Bruins played Southern on Friday, which has just one win, and will play Cal Poly, which lost its first two games of the season, on Sunday, so wins against those teams likely wouldnt help keep UCLA in the top 10.QUOTABLEI think were still not playing anywhere close to what were going to become. Thats a good news-bad news. Its bad news because we missed an opportunity at Baylor. The good news is that theres no danger this group is going to peak early. We have so many things we still need to work on. On the other hand, were shooting the ball great. Were a selfless team.-- UCLA coach Cori Close on ways to improve after a 48-point win Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys 2018 Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '