ssignment, manager Eric Wedge said. ... | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 14 '19
DETROIT -- With two on in the eighth inning, Miguel Cabrera hit a routine grounder for a double play -- another frustrating moment for the Detroit Tigers in this crucial series. New Balance Outlet .Justin Verlander allowed two home runs, and the Tigers lost 3-1 to the Baltimore Orioles on Sunday. Detroit dropped two of three in the series and now trails the Orioles and Toronto Blue Jays by two games for the American Leagues wild cards.Chris Tillman pitched six impressive innings, and Michael Bourn and Jonathan Schoop homered off Verlander. Tillman hadnt pitched since Aug. 20 because of right shoulder bursitis.Offense is cyclical, and we are in a little bit of a funk right now, but you also have to give credit to the Baltimore pitchers, Detroit manager Brad Ausmus said. They did a great job against us.Tillman (16-5) allowed a run and four hits after being activated from the disabled list before the game. He struck out four and walked one.It was definitely a little bit of rust there, but I feel like we were able to work through it, Tillman said. You get kind of bored and frustrated sitting on the bench that long, and not being able to help the team.Three relievers finished for the Orioles, with Zach Britton pitching the ninth for his 41st save in 41 chances. Britton retired pinch-hitter Casey McGehee with two on for the final out, taking sole possession of the AL saves lead.The Tigers put runners on first and second in the eighth before Cabrera bounced into an inning-ending double play against reliever Mychal Givens. They had runners at first and second in the ninth when James McCann struck out and McGehee grounded out to end it.Cabrera went 0 for 4 and failed to hit the ball out of the infield.Verlander (14-8) lasted only five innings, ending his streak of 11 straight quality starts.The Orioles lead the majors with 226 home runs, but Bourn has only two of them. His two-run shot off Verlander in the third opened the scoring.Bourn is 14 for 37 (.378) in his career off Verlander, but this was the first time hed gone deep against the Detroit right-hander.Schoops 23rd homer of the season made it 3-0 in the fourth, and Detroits only run came on Ian Kinslers RBI single in the fifth.Verlander allowed three runs and seven hits in his second loss since the All-Star break.BACK AND FORTHMark Trumbo grounded out to the shortstop to lead off the second, and Cabrera had to position himself awkwardly at first to receive a bouncing throw from Jose Iglesias. Trumbo and Cabrera appeared to exchange words after the play.Miggy was like, `What am I supposed to do? His job is to catch the ball and be on the base, Verlander said. I dont really know what their issue was on that.Trumbo didnt have much to say about it after the game.He had given me a restaurant recommendation, Trumbo said.TRAINERS ROOMTigers: Jordan Zimmermann, hit hard Saturday in his return from a neck injury, will not make his next start Thursday against Minnesota. Ausmus said hell throw an 80-pitch simulated game Wednesday.I definitely understand the reasoning, Zimmermann said. We cant afford to lose games right now.UP NEXTOrioles: Baltimore heads to Boston, and LHP Wade Miley (8-12) starts Monday night for the Orioles against David Price (15-8).Tigers: Detroit hosts a four-game set against Minnesota. LHP Daniel Norris (2-2) takes the mound for the Tigers on Monday night against Ervin Santana (7-10). New Balance España Baratas . No. 13-seeded John Isner and No. 21 Philipp Kohlschreiber were among six players who dropped out of the tournament on Tuesday, joining No. 12 seed Tommy Haas and two other players who withdrew on Monday. New Balance Baratas Mujer .S. -- Nikolaj Ehlers registered a hat trick for the third straight game and Jonathan Drouin had a goal and five assists as the Halifax Mooseheads hammered the host Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 10-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. http://www.baratasnewbalance.es/ . -- Ty Montgomery had 290 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns, and fifth-ranked Stanford held on to beat No.SEATTLE - Jered Weaver nearly matched Felix Hernandez for the first five innings. When Weaver couldnt sneak a fastball past Seattles Justin Smoak with two outs in the sixth, he instantly knew that the Angels were in trouble with how well Hernandez was pitching. "I couldnt keep us in it and Felix was dominant tonight," Weaver said. Hernandez threw eight shutout innings and Smoak drove in four runs off Weaver, including a three-run homer, in the Mariners 6-0 win over the Angels on Saturday night. Seattles ace allowed just two baserunners to reach third, the first coming on Mike Trouts triple in the third and not again until the eighth. Hernandez didnt rely on the strikeout and instead let the Angels put the ball in play. Hernandez struck out Albert Pujols twice and got Josh Hamilton and Erick Aybar swinging, but mostly relied on his defence. Hernandez allowed seven hits and didnt walk a batter. "You try to battle, try not to make a mistake, try to keep your team in the game," Weaver said. Hernandezs worst start of the season came less than a month ago against the Angels. Hernandez was knocked around for 12 hits and six earned runs in five innings, one of just two starts this season in which hes failed to pitch at least six complete innings. He allowed two home runs as well and got a no decision. That start was constantly in the back of Hernandezs mind and he vowed not to fall behind in counts against the Angels this time. The Angels noticed Hernandez taking a different approach, but were unable to make the adjustments. "Most guys probably dont have that many pitches in their repertoire to do that," Angels first baseman Mark Trumbo said. "He worked inside a lot more than he has before. I didnt see too many curveballs. ... He threw a slider and mixed in a changeup, but I found him throwing a lot more pitches inside tonight." Yoervis Medina pitched the ninth to finish off the shutout for Seattle. Smoak was at the centre of Weavers rough night. Smoak had an RBI single in the fourth inning that gave Seattle the lead, then provided the big blow in the sixth to cap a two-out rally. Kendrys Morales and Kyle Seager both singled and after Weaver received a visit from pitching coach Mike Butcher, Smoak hit the first pitch ouut to centre field for his eighth homer of the season. New Balance Baratas. The four RBIs were the most for Smoak since he drove in a career-high six runs on May 30, 2012 against Texas. Smoaks long ball was the 21st straight game with at least one homer for the Mariners, the longest streak for an American League team since the Rangers set the major league record with 27 straight in 2002. "It looked like he was sitting on something away," Weaver said. "It wasnt a bad pitch, but he put a good swing on it." Seattle first got to Weaver (3-5) in the fourth when Morales and Seager had consecutive singles. Seagers hit extended his hitting streak to 13 games. Smoak then capped a 10-pitch at-bat by lining a change-up from Weaver into right field. Third-base coach Daren Brown made the wrong call in sending Morales from second and Hamiltons throw easily beat the runner. But catcher Hank Conger failed to catch the ball cleanly and Morales scored. Conger was originally given an error, but the scoring decision was changed and Smoak was credited with an RBI. Morales and Seager started Seattles rally in the sixth with two-out hits that set the stage for Smoaks 411-foot shot to centre field. "I was thinking he was going to try and sneak a fastball in there first pitch and I was able to put a good swing on it," Smoak said. Weaver had allowed just two earned runs combined in his previous three starts, but Seattle raised his pitch count early. Weaver had thrown 107 pitches when he left after 5 2-3 innings, his shortest start since June 10 against Baltimore. "It goes both ways. I think if we had gotten on the board it might have let (Weaver) do a couple of things," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "He was pitching with his back against the wall." NOTES: Smoak now has five career games with four or more RBIs. ... Seattle RHP Stephen Pryor threw a second simulated game on Saturday and could be headed for a rehab assignment with Single-A Everett next week. OF Michael Morse (quad) is still not ready for a rehab assignment, manager Eric Wedge said. ... Angels RHP Tommy Hanson (forearm) threw a simulated game on Saturday and could be headed out on a rehab start next weekend following another bullpen session, Scioscia said. ' ' '