ole focus is now Rio where he will lock horn | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 14 '19
In the most basic sense, coaches help provide us with entertainment. WHOLESALE NFL JERSEYS FROM CHINA . Yet we demand much more of them than that. We have an entire genre of film and television built around the idea that coaches, particularly in high school and college, have a deep and long-lasting influence on their players. As a society, we buy into the narrative that through strict discipline, hard work and inspirational words, coaches can mold young people into good, successful adults.My work focuses specifically on the intersection of football and sexual violence, and people often ask me how we can begin to mitigate this problem within sports. While there are many answers to this question, an obvious one is that coaches must be a part of the solution. Thats especially true in the bright spotlight of the NFL, where misogyny and violence against women have become epidemic. So the day before the presidential election, when Patriots coach Bill Belichick sent a letter of support to Donald Trump-whom numerous women have accused of assault (allegations that the president-elect denies)-and added his voice to endorsements by Rex Ryan, Mike Leach and a handful of retired coaches, I wondered what message that sent to his players, fans and anyone else who was listening.Coaches understand their level of influence better than any of us. Theyre folded into our communities; they can get movement and money on whatever issues they support. What they say matters, which is why they are so careful with their words and so often try to remove themselves from hard conversations. This is especially true for issues like domestic and sexual violence. We care so deeply about a teams ability to win that when a player is reported for committing off-field violence and his playing time is jeopardized, its all we can talk about. How a coach responds to allegations often sets the tone for how his team and the fan base react. At Baylor, where 17 women reported 19 players for sexual or domestic violence in the past five years, coach Art Briles lost his job after his team was found to have a cultural accountability failure. Yet there were calls from boosters to reinstate him.The NFL continues to struggle with how to respond to reports of domestic violence, with teams not handling the problem openly and coaches often offering no significant comment. This came to a head again in October with former Giants kicker Josh Brown, who admitted to abusing his then-wife in 2015. The inaction spoke volumes: The team had re-signed Brown in the offseason despite knowing his history; the league suspended him for one game once his admission became public, despite a policy that allows for up to six; and coach Ben McAdoo, who once stated he wouldnt tolerate domestic violence, said little more during the episode than Were not going to turn our back on Josh. Hes a teammate and a guy were hoping makes strides. Brown was later released.Coaches can no longer ignore their role in perpetuating a culture that takes these issues too lightly. After the election, Belichick backed away from his letter, saying it wasnt politically motivated, just a note to a friend. The letters he writes dont mean I agree with every single thing that every person thinks about politics, religion or other subjects, he said. Yet by his refusing to engage in the conversation any further, how are we to know what he means?There are coaches across the country who are engaging in issues like healthy relationships, consent and gender equity. Nebraska coach Mike Riley apologized to Brenda Tracy, who reported being assaulted by multiple players during Rileys tenure at Oregon State in 1998. She spoke to his current players earlier this year and has said she now considers Riley a friend and an ally. Futures Without Violence has a program called Coaching Boys Into Men, which integrates a coach-led discussion of those issues into regular practice. Cowboys tight end Jason Witten helped put the program into schools in the Arlington, Texas, area. The key is getting more coaches interested in doing the work.Its going to take the country a long time to unpack everything thats happened in this election cycle. We are at a moment when the ability to shift the conversation from one of locker room talk to one of anti-misogyny feels like a herculean effort. For young people and fans of sport, coaches are spiritual and cultural guides for how they view the world. Coaches must embrace that role, not shun it.Jessica Luthers book Unsportsmanlike Conduct: College Football and the Politics of Rape is out now. NFL JERSEYS FROM CHINA . Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick. CHEAP NFL JERSEYS AUTHENTIC . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. http://www.cheapauthenticjerseysnfl.com/ . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. LONDON -- Usain Bolt put down a marker ahead of the Rio Olympics as he won the 200 metres at the Anniversary Games with a time of 19.89 seconds and fired a warning to his American rivals, accusing them of disrespect.It was the reigning Olympic champions first 200m of the year. He was forced to pull out of the Jamaica trials earlier in July with a hamstring injury, but any doubts over his fitness and form were allayed on Friday as he stormed to victory at the stadium where he took three gold medals at London 2012.Im getting there. Im not fully in shape. I need more work, Bolt said. But over time Ill be fine, Ill just keep doing the work.It wasnt perfect. I came off the corner trying to hold my form. Im happy with my execution and hopefully my coach is.Im definitely happy I could come here and finish the race with no injuries. Im going to Rio to defend my titles.Bolts main rival for the Olympic crown will be Justin Gatlin, who was one of a number of American sprinters to question Bolts selection for Rio despite missing the Jamaican trials.Hes injured and he has a medical pass, Gatlin said. Thats what his country does. Our country doesnt do that.However, Bolt delivered a warning to Gatlin and those challenging him for his 100 and 200 crowns, saying he felt he was the victim of disrespectful comments from the American campI felt it was a joke. I felt it was a disrespect [if] they think Id back out of a trials, Bolt said. Ive proven myself year on year that Im the greatest. I laughed when I hheard it. WHOLESALE MLB JERSEYS CHINA. . I was disappointed, especially in Justin Gatlin.Bolt was the biggest draw at the Anniversary Games and received a huge roar when he was paraded around the track on the back of a car. The roars rose when he stormed home to his 200m triumph, but he was visibly frustrated after the delayed start to the race.After a false start by Sean McLean, and then an interruption due to interference from the PA system, Bolt stormed home. Alonso Edward was second and Adam Gemili third.He had to prove his fitness to the Jamaica selectors after his hamstring injury ruled him out of the Jamaica trials. Having completed his first 200 of 2016, he will now return to Jamaica for further training before he looks to defend his 100, 200 and 4x100 titles in Rio, looking to complete a triple-triple in the process.The hamstring strain came at an unfortunate time, just 35 days before the start of the Rio Games. But Bolt seems to have fully recovered and his troublesome back is also behaving, with him saying on Thursday it was OK and it would hold up so he can compete and stay on track.After winning the 200 at the Anniversary Games, his sole focus is now Rio where he will lock horns with rival Gatlin, who won both the 100 and 200 at the U.S. Olympic trials with times of 9.8 and 19.75 seconds, respectively.Information from ESPNs Tristan Barclay was used in this report. ' ' '