Olsen isnt expecting to be paid any time soon. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Mai 14 '19
LAWRENCE, Kan. Zapatillas Asics Baratas Online . -- Matthew Wyman may have booted Charlie Strong right out of Texas.The senior kicker for Kansas knocked through a field goal to force overtime, then drilled a 25-yarder in the extra session Saturday to send the Jayhawks to a 24-21 victory over the Longhorns -- one that just might end Strongs disappointing tenure on the 40 acres.The moment Wymans field goal went through the uprights, the Jayhawks (2-9, 1-7) poured off the sideline and into a jubilant pile with thousands of students. The win snapped a nine-game skid, a 19-game losing streak in Big 12 play and was their first over Texas since 1938.It made Strongs future bleak, but it made Kansas coach David Beatys appear just a little bit brighter.What resilient dudes those guys are, he said after his first Big 12 win. Theyve continued to work through some really, really difficult situations, and Ive said it before, I feel like we have the right kind of kids in our program. Theyve stuck it out.The Longhorns (5-6, 3-5) squandered chances down the stretch, including a fumble and failed fourth-down try in the final minutes of regulation that could have put the game away.They got the ball first in overtime, but Shane Buechele badly overthrew his intended receiver on their second play and Mike Lee was there to pick it off. After the Jayhawks marched inside the 5-yard line, their senior kicker playing in his final home game knocked through the winner.Its great to send the seniors out like this, he said. Theyve been through some struggles, some adversity, so it means a lot.Their stirring win made DOnta Foremans performance merely a footnote.The Texas running back carried a school-record 51 times for 250 yards and two touchdowns, though his two fumbles proved costly -- not only to the Longhorns season but quite possibly to Strongs future.The third-year coach has been on the hot seat all season, and the temperature is only going to rise after a loss to the lowly Jayhawks. Strong dropped to 16-20 since arriving at Texas, and not even the $10 million buyout he would be due could be enough to keep him from getting fired.We just had our opportunities there, Strong said. Not much needed to be said.Asked what it means for his future, Strong replied: No idea.The Jayhawks took advantage of four first-half turnovers, including a pick-six by Brandon Stewart, to take a 10-7 lead into the locker room. But they committed two turnovers of their own in an ugly third quarter, which the Longhorns turned into back-to-back touchdowns for a 21-10 lead.Kansas marched downfield for a touchdown midway through the fourth quarter, and Steven Sims won the race to the pylon to convert the 2-point conversion and get within a field goal.That proved to be pivotal in the final minute of the game.The Jayhawks stuffed Texas on fourth down and regained possession with 58 seconds left. Three passes to Keaun Kinner and a targeting penalty got them within field goal range, and Wymans kick from 36 yards out with 7 seconds remaining sent the game to overtime.Set up one of the most memorable wins in recent history, too.The seniors have been through a whole lot, and we havent had too much success, Kansas safety Fish Smithson said. Just proud, proud of how hard we worked. How resilient weve been.THE TAKEAWAYTexas: Texas was shaky throughout the game, especially when Buechele left for a short period in the first half with an injury, in what might go down as the biggest indictment of Strongs tenure.Kansas: Kansas has been close to breaking through several times this season, including a 24-23 loss to TCU in early October and a 31-24 loss to Iowa State earlier this month.STRONGS FUTURETexas athletic director Mike Perrin declined to speak with reporters after the game, looking away when he approached them. Strongs wife, Victoria, was crying outside the Longhorns locker room and even Strong looked visibly shaken as he fielded questions.I love coach Strong. Thats my dog, Texas safety DeShon Elliott said. No matter what, I love him, but I said thats not our decision. We cant make that decision. Its the AD and all the men up there.SEE YAAfter police encircled the goal posts at the south end zone, students raced to the opposite end of the field and hopped on that set. It took them a while before they got them to the turf, then they carried them right out of Memorial Stadium.UP NEXTTexas heads to TCU on Saturday for what could be Strongs final game as coach.Kansas tries to make it two straight on Saturday at Kansas State.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 . Zapatillas Asics Baratas Chile . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Asics Baratas Outlet . Most important, perhaps, it went off without a hitch. Organizers poked a little fun at the now-infamous opening ceremony gaffe that saw only four out of five snowflakes open up into rings, leaving the Olympics logo one ring short. http://www.asicsbaratasespana.es/ . The lawyers filed a 33-page amended complaint Tuesday in federal court in Manhattan, expanding on the suit originally filed Oct. 3 in New York Supreme Court. Arbitrator Fredric Horowitz last week refused to compel Selig to testify in the grievance, and Rodriguez then walked out of the hearing without testifying. MOSCOW -- Seven years after the race of her life at the world track and field championships, Olive Loughnane is still waiting for her prize money.Thats because the first woman across the finish line in the 20-kilometer walk in Berlin in 2009 wasnt the Irish athlete. It was Russias Olga Kaniskina, who was later banned for doping but hasnt returned the gold medal or the $30,000 in cash owed to Loughnane.Ive three young children, Loughnane said. They will be going to college. Its not an insignificant amount. I didnt earn anywhere near the amount of money as an athlete that would allow me to retire.Athletes who are beaten by doped competitors arent only robbed of a moment on the top step of the podium as their national anthem plays, they can also be deprived of large sums of money. In the cases of four Russian and Belarusian dopers who have not paid back prize money from events where they were later disqualified, The Associated Press has found that as much as $410,000 may be owed to dozens of athletes, with some debts going back over a decade.The problem is expected to intensify with the increase in retesting of medal winners samples years after the competition. About 100 athletes from various sports have had their results from the 2008 and 2012 Olympics annulled following new tests with improved techniques.While the Olympics do not award prize money, doping disqualifications usually trigger backdated bans wiping out years of results and earnings from past world championships and other events.In track and field, the problem is particularly serious because the sports world governing body, the IAAF, insists it can only redistribute prize money if the athlete banned for doping pays it back first. However, the IAAFs main weapon to compel dopers to pay back the money is an extension of their bans, which isnt effective if the athletes plan to retire or have been banned for life.In response to questions from the AP, the IAAF would not confirm how many doped athletes owe prize money or how much is owed in total, or how it tries to recover the cash. However, it said the issue was on the agenda as part of reform talks set for the IAAF congress this week in Monaco.We are already consulting the athletes commission and other members of the IAAF family on a viable system that would satisfy all parties. We are confident that the changes and proposals we are compiling will be reflected in the next IAAF Competition Rules, the IAAF said in a statement.Seven years after her race against Kaniskina in Berlin, the long-since-retired Loughnane now compiles crime statistics for the Irish government. Meanwhile, Kaniskina is working as a sports official and may decide that, at the age of 31, its not worth paying back her winnings in order to race again, Russias top walking coach told Russian media this month. Kaniskina earned around $135,000 in prize money at events where she was later disqualified.She hasnt definitely ended her career. Shes still thinking, coach Nikolai Lukashkin told the R-Sport agency, adding that was also the case with another top Russian walker, Sergei Kirdyapkin, who is supposed to pay back a total of at least $90,000 from numerous wins at major competitions after he was banned in 2015.Former senior IAAF leaders have been accused of colluding with Russian officials to cover up doping or slow down cases, including those involving Kaniskina and Kirdyapkin. The IAAF banned its former treasurer and anti-doping head in January, as well as the son of former IAAF President Lamine Diack.Citing those findings, some athletes argue the IAAF should make a one-time payment to clearr prize money debts as a gesture of goodwill. Asics Baratas España. This is not only about doping abuse in Russia, this is about corruption in the IAAF, said Trond Nymark of Norway, who finished second to Kirdyapkin at the 2009 world championships but was later upgraded to gold. Of course, itll cost them, but if you think in marketing value, it would probably pay off.Denmarks Joachim Olsen told the AP he was still owed $10,000 from the 2006 world indoor championships, when he originally won bronze in shot put but was upgraded to silver when Andrei Mikhnevich of Belarus failed a retest. However, Mikhnevich is banned for life for two doping offenses, so has nothing to gain from paying back over $100,000 in prize money.Like race walking, Olsens event rarely attracts big endorsements, making prize money all the more important.Thats a lot of money. Prize money was something that I would save up. You could have a bad year, injuries and stuff, so I used it as a kind of a backup. You didnt make a lot of money, so I lived in a small apartment and tried to save up, said Olsen, who since retirement in 2009 has become a member of the Danish parliament and is sharply critical of the IAAFs approach.For the individual athlete that got cheated out of a medal and prize money, their concern doesnt seem that big. Its more of an image thing for the IAAF and not a concern for the individual athlete that got cheated out of both a medal and prize money, and thats a real shame, he said.Others are considering a lawsuit.As well as a gold medal from the 2012 London Olympics, Tunisian 3,000-meter steeplechase runner Habiba Ghribi, is owed at least $38,000 from events in which she was beaten by Russias Yulia Zaripova, who was later banned for doping and disqualified.I took (the news) with a feeling of joy, because these titles are now in my legacy for life, but also with frustration at having been deprived of the opportunity to climb the highest stand on the podium, and to hear the national anthem of my country, Ghribi told the AP.Ghribi is threatening legal action to get the money, but isnt certain where to file a lawsuit -- against the Monaco-based IAAF, against Zaripova in Russia or against the organizers of meets held in Switzerland, Sweden and South Korea. The many jurisdictions, combined with a lack of legal precedent, present a stern challenge to athletes who want the prize money they are owed. The long time periods involved also mean some drug cheats have already spent their winnings.First of all youre trying to figure out where to file a legal action and then youre trying to figure out how to enforce it across multiple jurisdictions, sports lawyer David W. Larkin told the AP. The whole thing is an absolute nightmare.While few athletes are eager to pick a legal fight with their sports governing body, one strategy could be to pursue the IAAF for negligently failing to bar doped athletes from competing.If the IAAF did recover prize money through the courts, its rules allow it to subtract its legal costs from the sum that would be passed on to the rightful medalists.Ten years after losing out on a silver medal to Belarusian drug cheat Mikhnevich, Olsen isnt expecting to be paid any time soon. He says the IAAF is letting clean athletes down.Even if I had won the lottery, and I had plenty of money, which I didnt, its more of a principle, he said. They should pay the money to those that actually won it.---Bouazza Ben Bouazza in Tunis, Tunisia, contributed to this report. ' ' '