oal of ours. We have aoal of ours. We have a | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mai 14 '19
NASHVILLE, Tenn. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . - The Nashville Predators have signed defenceman Joe Piskula to a one-year, two-way contract. The Predators announced the deal Monday. They traded for Piskula in February in a deal with Calgary, and Piskula split the season in the AHL playing 46 games for Abbotsford and 23 games with Milwaukee. Piskula, 28, has played in 10 career NHL games the last five with Calgary in 2011-12. The 6-foot-3, 214-pound defenceman has played 393 AHL games in six seasons with 74 points and 335 penalty minutes. He helped the Wisconsin Badgers win the 2006 NCAA national championship. Cheap Jerseys From China . -- The Portland Timbers and Real Salt Lake played to a 0-0 tie Saturday night that left the top of the Western Conference standings unchanged. Wholesale Jerseys For Sale . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. http://www.authenticwholesalejerseys.net/ . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a good or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races look to me. Serena Williams lost her hold on the No. 1 ranking on Monday for the first time since February 2013. Venus Williams, the next-best American at No. 7, is 36 years old. Its certainly premature to say the reign of the Williams sisters is near, but its also only natural to spend a bit of this day wondering about the future of American tennis.Without a doubt, the crystal ball has a rosy tint.First, theres the known quality in young Americans like Madison Keys (ranked ninth), Sloane Stephens (28), Shelby Rogers (62), CiCi Bellis (120) and Taylor Townsend (144). But theres another, perhaps more significant, sign of growth: quantity. Ten American girls advanced to the round of 16 in the junior draw at the US Open. Thats the most at the Open since 1984, when the draw expanded to 64 players.And, 16-year-old American Kayla Day won the title to snap a streak of 15 junior majors without an American champion. Day was the first American to win the girls title at the Open since Samantha Crawford in 2012.I think there will be a lot of good pros just not, you know, Serena and Venus, said Day, who fell to Keys in the main draw before running the table in the juniors, capped by a 6-3, 6-2 win over Viktoria Kuzmova of Slovakia. I think thats really good, getting American tennis [back] to what it was 10 or 15 years ago when we were dominating the European countries.USTA head of womens tennis Ola Malmqvist agrees that theres reason for optimism.I think for a few years, I dont think a lot of our players were working hard enough, said Malmqvist, who added that it has been the mission of USTA player development to change the culture within its program. [The culture] needs to be more about hard work with a purpose. I think thats part of it.Under the leadership of Martin Blackman, who took over the position of player development general manager for Patrick McEnroe in 2014, Malmqvist says that the USTA has developed a strong structure and expanded its partnership with the private coaching sector to reach players all over the country.Malmqvists goal for the USTA is to launch 20 players into the WTA top 100, increasing the odds of producing Grand Slam champions. There has been little depth among Americans ovver the past decade when it comes to contending for Grand Slam titles. NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap. Its been 11 years since Lindsay Davenport became the last American excluding the Williams sisters to reach a Grand Slam final. In 2005, Davenport went head-to-head with Serena Williams in the Australian Open final and Venus Williams in the Wimbledon final. Unfortunately for Davenport, she was the runner-up on both occasions.Currently, the United States has the most players of any country in the top 100 with 14, and the most players in the top 10 with three -- the Williams sisters and Keys.Were not on the top of the hill yet, but we are getting pretty close to the top of the hill to really start taking off, Malmqvist said. We are going to keep pushing for it and look for better ways for us to do a better job.The good feeling extends down to that next wave of players.I am glad that the hard work is paying off and Im glad that we are seeing changes, said Ashley Lahey, a 16-year-old freshman at Pepperdine who fell to fellow American Sofia Kenin, 17, in the round of 16. Because tennis has been really dominated by European and Asian players for the last however many years.Carson Branstine, who was ousted by Day in the quarterfinals after beating Olesya Pervushina, the third-ranked junior in the world, is on board as well.There are definitely a lot of girls with talent in the juniors and young pros, the 16-year-old Branstine said. I think for sure we are going to have at least a few of them come through.But when it comes to replacing one of the greatest athletes of all time in Serena Williams, Malmqvist reminded that it is no easy void to fill, regardless of the programs in place and the work ethic instilled.Youre talking about the greatest ever, said Malmqvist, who was a USTA coach for 10 years before being named the head of womens tennis. I believe we do have a few players who do have the ability to win Grand Slams, and that is definitely a goal of ours. We have a lot of juniors coming up as well, you can tell from this years junior Open.I think we are on the right track. ' ' '