em back after a tough result we faced in Montreal earlier in the year. And o | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mai 14 '19
WATKINS GLEN, N. Air Max 90 For Sale Cheap .Y. -- Jimmie Johnson can secure a spot in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship this week at Watkins Glen International, and hes not even thinking about it. On a rainy Friday at the storied road course in upstate New York that delayed Cup practice until late afternoon, injured star Tony Stewart was foremost on everybodys mind. Stewart broke both the tibia and fibula in his right leg on Monday night in a sprint car race in Iowa, has since undergone two surgeries, and is out indefinitely. Max Papis will drive Stewarts No. 14 Chevrolet on Sunday in the Cheez-It 355 at The Glen, where Stewart has a track-record five Cup wins. It will bring Stewarts streak of 521 consecutive Cup starts to an end, and its his absence that gives Johnson the opportunity to be the first to lock into the Chase on points. "Its not the way I want to clinch, by any means, with him not being here at the race track. Its a big loss for our sport," Johnson said. "I know that Tony is feeling bad about being injured and the effect that it has on his Cup team. Its crazy to think that he wont be a player in the Chase." Stewart was leading with five laps remaining at Southern Iowa Speedway when a lapped car spun in front of him, causing Stewart to hit that car and flip several times. He was taken from the track by ambulance. Like his fellow drivers, Johnson, a five-time Cup champion, said he didnt like some of the comments hes seen in the aftermath of the crash. Specifically, those who questioned Stewart for racing so much. It was his third crash in a month in the powerful open-wheel cars. "Its troubled me to see some people giving him a hard time about his decision to race other vehicles," Johnson said. "We always praise him for his contributions to the motor sports world and his ability to drive and race anything. He has done so much for our sport. "I personally praise him for all that he does for our sport, including driving sprint cars Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday," Johnson said. "Its unfortunate that he got hurt. I hate that hes injured, but Id be bummed if he didnt continue to race all during the week. Thats the Smoke we know and love." Stewart-Haas Racing has not named an interim driver for beyond this weekend, and said no discharge date has been decided for the 42-year-old Stewart. "Its going to be a few weeks before we even look at that," said Greg Zipadelli, competition director at SHR. "For now, it will be a week-to-week diagnosis on him." Among the names that have popped up as candidates is 21-year-old Kyle Larson, a rising star in the Nationwide Series who sits sixth in points entering Saturdays Zippo 200 at Watkins Glen. He might be a bit too young, though. "Hes in a really crucial spot in his career and (it would be good) not getting fed to the wolves too soon," Zipadelli said. "I would prefer from this point on to put one person in that we felt was capable of doing a good, solid job and trying to build some chemistry with the crews and the crew chief. "Theres a lot of those little details that make for a good day on Sundays," Zipadelli said. "The longer you get to work with someone, the better you get to know them, the better chance you have of having some consistent results. But I dont know well honestly be able to do that. The drivers that wed like to put (in the seat) are all racing for a championship, and we need to be respectful of their position." Although Regan Smith is challenging Austin Dillon for the points lead in the Nationwide Series, Smiths boss at JR Motorsports said he wouldnt hesitate giving Smith the chance to drive the No. 14 if the opportunity arose. "Id be the first to put Regans name in the hat for that kind of opportunity," Dale Earnhardt Jr. said. "I understand that we are racing for a championship. It would be a challenge. It would also give him an opportunity to showcase himself ... and get some guys maybe wanting to put him back in the car full-time on this (Cup) side of the deal. That would be good for him." At least Smith knows what hed face. He was forced to sub for Earnhardt in the No. 88 last October in the Chase when Earnhardt couldnt compete because of the effects of two concussions. "Its going to be a great opportunity for somebody," said Smith, who grew up in Cato, N.Y., a two-hour drive north of Watkins Glen. "Last year it happened so quick there wasnt time to think. There was nothing but a phone call. "I certainly would be open to that. You just cross that bridge and see how things line up. I think its a lot of hypothetical right now. I cant speak to any of that." Air Max 90 Ez Sale . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. Wholesale Air Max 90 Essential Womens . Only three players drafted by NHL clubs were included on the Czech selection camp roster on Wednesday. Those players were Dallas Stars 2012 first-rounder Radek Faksa, Winnipeg Jets 2013 fourth-rounder Jan Kostalek and Phoenix Coyotes 2012 seventh-rounder Marek Langhamer. http://www.wholesale90airmax.com/wholesale-air-max-90-kpu.html . -- Claudio Bieler hadnt scored since early September, and not from the run of play since mid-July.MONTREAL -- Fresh from a big CONCACAF Champions League win, the Montreal Impact hope to carry that momentum into an important Major League Soccer matchup in Chicago. Newcomer Hernan Bernardello was strong in his Impact debut as Montreal beat the San Jose Earthquakes 1-0 on Wednesday night at Saputo Stadium in their first Champions League game in five years. The Impact, however, have just one win in their last seven MLS games, including a 3-1 loss in Washington, D.C., last Saturday. Now that Montreal is on the right track in the tournaments group stage, midfielder Patrice Bernier hopes that solid effort will continue against the Fire on Saturday night. "Its a boost for the teams morale and confidence," Bernier said. "It was a solid game and we needed to get back to basics and now we have that good base to attack the MLS every game. All of the games count all the time but now that the standings are so tight we know that we have to get our points." Those points have been hard to come by lately for the Impact. Montreal has six points in its last seven games (1-3-3), three of those coming in a 1-0 win over Sporting Kansas City on July 27 when substitute Blake Smith scored in stoppage time. The skid has dropped the Impact out of the Eastern Conference lead to third place, with a 10-6-5 mark and 35 points in 21 games. Montreal trails first-place New York by three points and second-place Kansas City by one, but the Impact hold two games in hand on both teams. "Were going to Chicago, a team thats playing well and they have the offensive abilities that make the difference so were heading there with clear heads and ready to attack and come out of there with as many points as possible," Bernier said. The Fire, who have also played 21 games, have climbed to seventh in the East after struggling to a 2-7-1 start that included a 2-0 loss in Montreal on Apr. 27. In contrast to the Impact, Chicago enters riding a hot streak in MLS play but is coming off a disappointing loss Wednesdday night. Nike Air Max 90 Ultra 2.0 Essential Cheap. The Fire were eliminated from the U.S. Open Cup following a 2-0 semifinal loss to D.C. United at Toyota Park. "I think at this point theyre a different team, were a different team," Fire assistant coach Mike Matkovich said. "Theyre in the same boat as us so its just going to be a matter of digging down deep and getting through this game and weve got to find a way to get points. Chicagos season turned around after they acquired Mike Magee from Los Angeles on May 24. "Theyve started slow this year but theyre a talented team," said Impact forward Justin Mapp, who played for the Fire from 2003-10. "I know some of their players and the addition of Mike Magee certainly helped them and theyve kind of caught their stride. Theyve had a number of good results in the last number of games. Its a tough place to play." Magee, who leads the MLS with 14 goals, came to Chicago in the trade that sent the rights to Robbie Rogers to the Galaxy. Rogers became the first openly gay man to play for a top-level North American pro sports team when he made his L.A. debut on May 27. While that milestone made headlines, the Fires acquisition of Magee paid immediate dividends. He has scored eight goals in 10 league games with Chicago, including each one in each of his last three games. The Fire are undefeated over that stretch with two wins and a draw, including a 2-1 win in Philadelphia. Chicago is coming off the U.S. Open Cup loss though, and midfielder Logan Pause is not putting a lot of stock into the Impacts recent MLS struggles. "Theyre a dangerous team," Pause said. "They won the Canadian championship and theyre playing in CONCACAF. Theyre a good team from Di Vaio all the way down. "Theyve got a lot of experience, a lot of seasoned veterans and were looking to pay them back after a tough result we faced in Montreal earlier in the year. And of course theyre a conference opponent that were trying to catch in the table." ' ' '