nd in the league in pass efficiency. Takin | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 15 '19
SANTA CLARA, Calif. Nike Air Max Canada Sale . -- San Francisco 49ers safety Eric Reid was the first teammate of quarterback Colin Kaepernicks to join him in not standing for the national anthem as part of a protest of racial inequality and oppression in the country. But he might not be the last.On Friday afternoon, Reid said he plans to continue to kneel alongside Kaepernick when the 49ers open the season with the Los Angeles Rams on Monday Night Football.And while Reid and linebacker NaVorro Bowman indicated theres no momentum for a team-wide action, such as the pregame demonstration the Seattle Seahawks have planned for Sunday, Reid did leave the door open for the possibility that other teammates could join him and Kaepernick.There have been guys that have talked about it, Reid said. I cant speak for what anybody is going to do and their plans for the future. I guess well just have to wait and see.As of Friday afternoon, no other player has publicly declared the intention to join Kaepernick and Reid, but Reid didnt announce his plan to join Kaepernick before last weeks preseason finale against San Diego, either.Bowman said Friday he will continue to stand for the national anthem and that there hasnt been a discussion of planning something for the entire team to do.I plan on doing the same thing Ive been doing and just trying to focus on football and get the win, Bowman said. No one has talked about [a team-wide protest]. I feel like thats a personal issue, and guys have done a great job of keeping it personal, and no one says anything if a guy did decide to take a knee.In the week-plus since Reid and Kaepernick kneeled in San Diego, others in the sports world have joined. Denver linebacker Brandon Marshall did the same before the Denver Broncos game against Carolina on Thursday night.A credit union that serves military families released Marshall as one of its ambassadors after he knelt before Thursdays game.Although we have enjoyed Brandon Marshall as our spokesperson over the past five months, Air Academy Federal Credit Union (AAFCU) has ended our partnership, president and CEO Glenn Strebe said in a statement. AAFCU is a membership-based organization who has proudly served the military community for over 60 years. While we respect Brandons right of expression, his actions are not a representation of our organization and membership. We wish Brandon well on his future endeavors.Reid, who counts Under Armour as his lone endorsement, said he hasnt heard any concerns from the athletic apparel company, but he said he understood the potential consequences when he decided to take a knee in the first place.When I decided to do this, it came with the understanding that thats the risk you take, Reid said. Its business. I studied business in college, and people dont want to be associated with bad press. and thats understandable. Thats cool with me, but I feel like Im doing something bigger than money.If I lose an Under Armour endorsement ... I wouldnt be worried about it, because to me, in my heart, Im doing something thats for the benefit of a lot of people.Other athletes who have joined in kneeling during the anthem include Seahawks cornerback Jeremy Lane and womens soccer star Megan Rapinoe. Reid also got in touch with former Marine Staff Sgt. Joey Jones -- he lost both legs in Afghanistan -- who offered his help to Reid and Kaepernicks cause.Reid said a lot of players have reached out to offer support over the past week, but that many of them arent sure how they want to go about showing that support.A lot of guys are being supportive -- they want to be involved, Reid said. A lot of guys have expressed that they dont know if theyre comfortable with kneeling, but they do support the cause so theyre looking for ways to get involved, and I applaud them for that.On Thursday, 49ers chief executive officer Jed York announced that the 49ers charitable foundation will be donating $1 million to the Silicon Valley Community Foundation and the San Francisco Foundation to help improve racial and economic inequality, causes that are at the center of Kaepernick and Reids protest.Thats in addition to the $1 million plus proceeds from his jersey sales that Kaepernick already has declared he will donate. Reid said he was excited to see the organization offer such support.Any time you do something, a protest, you know theres going to be backlash, Reid said. You know you cant satisfy [everyone]. But for our organization to step up, it feels like were supported by the NFL. Thats huge. It gives substance to what were doing. Our owners believe in what were doing. It kind of gives me encouragement to move forward. Nike Air Max Clearance Canada . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rookie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night. Nike Air Max Outlet Canada . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. http://www.airmaxclearancecanada.com/ .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. TROY, Ala. -- The Troy Trojans face a big challenge to their first national ranking just four days after cracking the Top 25.The 25th-ranked Trojans (8-1, 5-0 Sun Belt Conference) host Arkansas State (5-4, 5-0) Thursday night in Troys second straight battle of teams with perfect league marks.The Trojans survived the first such challenge with a 28-24 win over Appalachian State. Now, the stakes are potentially even higher.Troy is the first ranked Sun Belt team and also the only one to start a season 8-1. The Trojans havent joined fellow Group of Five teams Boise State (No. 20) and Western Michigan (No. 21) in the playoff rankings.It sets up an exciting opportunity for us, Troy coach Neal Brown said. It is a good opportunity to measure ourselves to what has been the premier program in the Sun Belt over the last five years.The Red Wolves have indeed been the leagues team to beat in recent seasons, a mantle once held by Troy. They havent lost since starting out 0-4 and have won 14 consecutive conference games and 17 of 20 road contests within the league.Arkansas State is the only FBS program to win four league titles over the past five seasons.No Sun Belt team has been hotter than the Trojans, who have won seven straight since a 30-24 loss to No. 5 Clemson. None would be bigger than the Appalachian State victory, when Jordan Chunn scored the go-ahead touchdown with 1:02 left.I dont know if I expected them to be 8-1 but I surely expected them to be in the mix in the conference race, Arkansas State coach Blake Anderson said.The result of both teams hhot streak is the first Sun Belt game between teams with 5-0 league records or better. Cheap Nike Air Max Canada. ---Some other things to know about the Arkansas State-Troy game:SUN BELTS BEST? Troy once dominated the Sun Belt much like Arkansas State has lately. The Trojans havent won a league title since capturing their fifth in a row in 2010, when Brown was offensive coordinator.PROTECTING QBS: Which team will be able to pressure the quarterback best? No team in the nation has given up fewer sacks this season than the three allowed by Troy, and the Trojans defense also leads the Sun Belt with 25 sacks. Arkansas State has strong pass rushers in JaVon Rolland-Jones (7.5 sacks) and Chris Odom (7.0).PICK ARTISTS: Arkansas States Money Hunter, the Sun Belt defensive player of the week, just set the league record with his fourth career interception return for a touchdown. Troys Blace Brown has six interceptions and leads the nation in picks per game.TOP RUSHERS: The game features two of the leagues top four rushers. Troys Chunn is tops with 1,028 yards and 10 touchdowns; Arkansas State counters with Warren Wand, who is averaging 67.4 yards per game.JUSTICE DEPARTMENT: Arkansas State quarterback Justice Hansen is second in the league in pass efficiency. Taking care of the ball will be huge in this one since hes facing a defense with 16 interceptions.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '