come a time in the future when the policy board determ | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mai 15 '19
ANAHEIM, Calif. New Balance Running Shoes For Sale . -- Sidelined most of April and May, Jered Weaver is back to his usual dominance in July. The right-hander, who missed two months with a broken elbow, extended his scoreless-innings streak against Oakland to 24 2-3 while helping the Los Angeles Angels come out of the All-Star break with a 4-1 victory on Friday night. Weaver threw a season-high 118 pitches and improved to 3-1 in July, a month in which his winning percentage of .774 since 2006 is the best in the majors. "I looked up in the fourth or fifth inning and the pitch count was up there but it definitely didnt feel like it," Weaver said. "The 4-0 lead helps out a little bit and the defence played well behind me." The Angels got homers from Albert Pujols, Erick Aybar and Mike Trout to snap a three-game skid and close within 10 games of the first-place Athletics. Weaver (4-5) allowed four hits in 6 2-3 innings while striking out a season-high eight and walking four. The previous club record for scoreless innings against the As was 21, by Bob Lee in 1964-65. "My slider was real good and I was able to throw that where I needed to, especially against lefties," Weaver said. "You want to try to utilize all your pitches throughout a game. Certain pitches werent there early, but I was able to get them later on." Last season, Weaver gave up a solo homer to Seth Smith over 30 2-3 innings while going 3-0 in four starts against the As. Since 2011, the right-hander has dominated the As with a 7-1 record and 0.84 ERA in 10 starts. "Hell throw anything in any count," As manager Bob Melvin said. "And when he gets you to two strikes, thats when hell throw his fastball the most and try to elevate and get you to chase. He had a good slider and he had a good curveball that he could drop in there when he was behind in the count." Ernesto Frieri earned his 23rd save in 25 chances on his 28th birthday. The Angels, who finished under .500 at the break for the first time since 2006, gave manager Mike Scioscia his 1,200th career win. "Weve dug a big hole. We know what were up against and we also know its doable," Scioscia said. A.J. Griffin (8-7) gave up four runs and six hits in five innings, struck out four and walked one for the first-place As. His three-game winning streak in his previous four starts ended with his first loss since June 15 against Seattle. "I feel like I pitched pretty well," Griffin said. "I gave up three home runs, but I felt like I was executing my pitches pretty well for the most part." The Angels extended their lead to 4-0 in the fifth on homers by Aybar and Trout. Aybar led off the inning with his fourth of the season, while Trouts 16th went to left field. "Every game is big, especially against these guys," Trout said. The Angels will play 13 of their first 20 games after the break against the As and Texas, the two teams ahead of them in the standings. "Were not in the position we thought we would be, but were still going to go out there and battle," said Weaver, the first pitcher to allow no runs in three straight starts against the As since David Cone in 1996-97. Pujols, whose career .335 average in the second half of the season leads all active players, slugged his 16th homer with two outs in the third. "I dont look at numbers," he said before the game. "I dont sit and look at the computer and papers. Thats a distraction you put in your mind." Josh Hamiltons RBI double to right field got past a diving Josh Reddick. It scored J.B. Shuck, who reached on an infield single to third and continued to second on a throwing error by third baseman Josh Donaldson. Oakland scored its lone run on a RBI double by Chris Young in the ninth off Kevin Jepsen. "We looked like weve been off for a few days, and thats no excuse because the other team was going through the same thing we are," Melvin said. "We looked a little out of sync." Notes: Oakland LF Yoenis Cespedes, who won the Home Run Derby on Monday during All-Star festivities, was scratched just before the game with a sore left wrist. "It came up today in batting practice," Melvin said. "When he was taking some swings in the cage, he still felt it, so we pulled him out." ... Angels OF Peter Bourjos, on the DL with a right wrist fracture, will be re-evaluated on Monday, but isnt expected back for a couple weeks. ... Scioscia is 1,200-1,000 in his managerial career. ... Angels RHP Tommy Hansen, on the DL with a strained right forearm, is a candidate to start on Tuesday against Minnesota. ... The announced crowd of 43,515 was the fourth sellout of the season. New Balance Shoes From China . Nigeria beat surprise package Ethiopia 2-0 in the second leg of their playoff for a comfortable 4-1 aggregate victory. Victor Moses converted a 20th-minute penalty after an Ethiopian handball, and Victor Obinna made certain of Nigerias place in Brazil with his powerful free kick in the 82nd at UJ Esuene Stadium. Cheap New Balance Running Shoes . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. http://www.cheapnewbalance.com/ . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview.JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The PGA Tour said Monday it would follow a new rule that bans the anchored putting stroke used by four of the last six major champions, asking instead Monday for a temporary reprieve for those who play the game for fun. The announcement Monday after a PGA Tour board meeting is the final piece of confirmation from a major golf organization for Rule 14-1b, which will take effect Jan. 1, 2016 when the next "Rules of Golf" is published. The rule makes it illegal for players to attach the end of the club to their body would making a stroke. Adam Scott used a long putter held against his chest when he won the Masters. Ernie Els (British Open) and Webb Simpson (U.S. Open) used a belly putter last year. Keegan Bradley in the 2011 PGA Championship was the first major champion with a belly putter. The Royal & Ancient Golf Club and U.S. Golf Association proposed the new rule Nov. 28 and allowed for a three-month comment period. It formally adopted the rule May 21. Finchem said in February the tour was opposed to the new rule because there were no data to suggest an advantage and no "overriding reason to go down that road." The tours opinion was shaped by a players-only meeting earlier that month. "In making its decision, the policy board recognized that there are still varying opinions among our membership, but ultimately concluded that while it is an important issue, a ban on anchored strokes would not fundamentally affect a strong presentation of our competitions or the overall success of the PGA Tour," Finchem said in a statement. "The board also was of the opinion that having a single set of rules ... applicable to all professional competitions worldwide was desirable and would avoid confusion." The decision to go along was not a surprise. The common ground by all sides was the importance of golf being played under one fundamental set of rulees, as has been the case for hundreds of years. Wholesale New Balance Shoes. The wrinkle that came out of the tours meeting was asking the R&A and USGA to give amateurs more time to adjust away from the anchored stroke. PGA of America president Ted Bishop was among those concerned that banning the stroke used for long putters would force too many people to quit the game out of frustration, at a time when golf is worried about decreasing participation. "The policy board continues to believe that extending the time period the ban would go into effect for amateurs would be beneficial for golf participation and the overall health of the game," Finchem said. Finchem cited the USGA changing the groove configuration for irons in 2008. It was effective for elite play in 2010, but does not apply to recreational play until 2014. But the decision on grooves was an equipment issue. Anchoring is a change in the actual rules of golf. For the USGA and R&A, which set the rules for the 600-year-old game, to allow amateurs more time to use anchored strokes would be created two sets of rules. The PGA of America also said it would follow the new rule, while expressing concern about amateurs. "We continue to feel strongly that the amateur player needs a longer period of adjustment to this rule," Bishop said. Neither Finchem nor Bishop recommended a date for amateurs. Finchem also sounded a warning that the tour reserves the right to make its own rules for its players, and that the USGA pledged "open and effective communication" on any future discussions on the rules. "It is not inconceivable that there may come a time in the future when the policy board determines that a rule adopted by the USGA, including in the area of equipment, may not be in the best interests of the PGA Tour, and that a local rule eliminating or modifying such a USGA rule may be appropriate," he said. ' ' '