eorge is embracing being back at the scene where his | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mai 15 '19
                                      FARMINGDALE, N. Lebron James Sneakers Wholesale .Y. -- It was earlier this week when Patrick Reed, that fist-pumping, Europe-shushing, putt-dropping ball of momentum who solidified himself as the darling of an otherwise bleak United States team effort at the Ryder Cup two years ago, was asked why that event means so much to him.He narrowed his eyes, shook his head and paused for a few seconds, clearly taken aback by the sheer audacity of the question. It was as if he had been asked why water is wet or why the sun is hot. Then he stammered the only explanation he could muster: Its the Ryder Cup.While Reed did eventually elaborate as to why the biennial competition holds such importance, those four words should serve as the only necessary justification for why he so desperately wants to represent the red, white and blue once again this year.If he keeps playing like this at The Barclays, his probability of a roster spot will become a certainty by the end of the weekend.Reed entered this event as No. 8 on the U.S. points list, with the top eight players after this week having guaranteed automatic qualifying spots on the team. All of which placed him firmly on the bubble, not that hes showing the effects of feeling any pressure.With rounds of 66 and 68, Reed leads by 2 strokes over Rickie Fowler and Emiliano Grillo going into a weekend at Bethpages Black Course that could garner him an elusive first victory of this season, an invitation to the upcoming Tour Championship and, yes, an automatic berth on the Ryder Cup team.Not that hes thinking about the residuals.Really, Im going into this week trying to win a golf tournament, he said after a second round that included six birdies against just three bogeys. At the end of the day, if I go and I take care of me and do what I need to do this week, then the Ryder Cup will take care of itself. So Im not going into this week looking at it as, Oh, I need to do this for the Ryder Cup. Im going to think, Alright, I need to go win a golf tournament, and everything else will take care of itself.Winning hasnt come easy for him this season. A four-time PGA Tour champion, he has amassed 14 results in the top 25, nine in the top 10 and a pair of runner-up finishes at the Hyundai Tournament of Champions and Valero Texas Open.Some players -- especially those of the elite variety -- might consider their seasons a disappointment without a single trophy for the mantle, but Reed maintains that he can still have a successful campaign without one.Its golf, he explained. You have guys that are going to win in years and youre going to have guys that arent going to win in years. I think this year has been a lot better than last year and the previous years on consistency. Thats a big part that Ive been working on is to make sure I keep myself into golf tournaments. Not go out and win an event here and then miss two or three cuts and finish 50th, 40th.Its about consistency: consistently getting in contention, consistently having chances to win. If I keep doing that, I will at some point break through and win hopefully a couple in a row, not just one.Preaching about consistency seems like a peculiar strategy for a guy who has so often played inspired golf when the moment calls for it. This is the same player who put an index finger to his lips after rolling in a birdie putt during his singles match against Henrik Stenson two years ago at Gleneagles, the same player who called himself a top-fiver earlier that year.Even though Reed has only displayed a poker face when discussing how much the Ryder Cup is on his mind this week, at least one peer believes the prospect of qualifying for the team is the perfect form of motivation for him.All youve got to do is light the fire a little with him, said Jordan Spieth, his partner for three matches in the 2014 Ryder Cup. If he plays golf with some, whether it be motivation or just feeling like hes been a little off and he needs to just do that little bit extra, he always brings it.So far, Reed is bringing it this week.Whether he admits it or not, that Ryder Cup roster spot is a tantalizing carrot dangling right in front of him. Reed desperately wants to be on that team and isnt afraid to explain how important it is.Just ask him. Hell offer a slight scowl and a pause, then just four words.Its the Ryder Cup. Lebron James Shoes Deal . Andreas Johnson had a goal and two assists while Jacob de la Rose also scored for Sweden (2-0-0). Esa Lindell and Rasmus Ristolainen replied for Finland (1-1-0) Lindell opened the scoring for Finland just 41 seconds into the game, but the hosts quickly regained their composure and tied the score less than four minutes later on Wennbergs first of the game. Nike Kd 11 Shoes Clearance . But when it comes to determining if Raymond will find a place on the Leafs roster when training camp concludes in a week, well, that decision will ultimately fall to the head coach. http:///...arance-for-sale.html . -- Arizona knocked off some quality opponents, rolled over a few overmatched ones and grinded out victories even when things didnt go so well. LAS VEGAS -- It has been two years since Paul Georges life was inextricably altered during a USA Basketball exhibition game in which he snapped his right leg in gruesome fashion under the basket at the Thomas & Mack Center, an incident he now refers to simply as the injury.Hes back in Las Vegas this week. Back donning a USA jersey across his chest. Back among the games elite. Back fulfilling his reputation as a dominant talent on the court.George already restored his place in the basketball pecking order before this week, making third-team All-NBA and second-team All-Defensive in 2015-16 while putting up better overall numbers than he did for the Indiana Pacers in the season before the injury. Resuming his spot within Team USA just brings things full circle.It means a lot, George said after Team USAs opening practice of training camp in preparation for the Rio Olympics next month. This is like really a redemption to myself. All the bad that happened on that night, I owed myself this opportunity to come back out here and compete for my country.For all that has been made about stars such as?LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Russell Westbrook, James Harden and Kawhi Leonard bowing out of international competition this summer, Georges inclusion cant be emphasized enough.Its one of the great stories of this group, said Jerry Colangelo, USA Basketballs managing director. I mean, when you think about it, when you think back to the tragedy when the injury took place, no one could have projected where he would be. And was his career over? Was his career going to be limited because of the injury? Would he ever come back fully? And to see him back and to see what hes accomplished back in the league, its like he didnt miss a beat.While George has reclaimed his perch, its impossible not to notice all that has changed since that fateful night in August 2014, when he chased down Harden to foul him on a fast break and suffered an open tibia-fibula fracture after landing awkwardly at the base of the basket stanchion.Donald Trump went from reality TV show host to presidential hopeful; the Golden State Warriors went from a promising group to the league standard for excellence; Georges Pacers went from knocking on the door of the NBA Finals with consecutive Eastern Conference finals appearances to a new-look group thats hardly recognizable compared with what they were before the injury.Indianas core has been blown up: Frank Vogel now coaches the Orlanndo Magic; Roy Hibbert is on his second different team; David West is on his second different team; Lance Stephenson is on his third different team. KD 11 Sale. It just goes to show the evolution of this game, George said. Im looked upon as the leader and the longest-[tenured] Pacer now. So its sunk in. I dont think it will officially sink in until training camps started, and Im looking around, and Im the face of it. So its just part of the game, and Ill deal with it.Indianas future, although its a promising one with the offseason additions of Jeff Teague, Al Jefferson and Thaddeus Young, is yet to be determined. What is certain is how George took a guarantee made by Colangelo shortly after the injury that there would a spot waiting for him on the 16 Olympic team, and went and proved he belonged anyway.It was meant to be an incentive for him, Colangelo said. But when you see its actually happened and hes earned it in every way, this is not a gift here. Hes literally earned this spot. Its just a lot of extra love involved in this one. So were very happy for him, and its great to have him here.This summer could end up being a reminder to the world just how good George really is. With no James or Leonard, hell team with Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony as the teams most versatile swingman.The way hes just handled everything: physically to be at the level hes at, emotionally, mentally ... coach Mike Krzyzewski said. I mean, wow. I remember being in a hospital with him. ... You try to envision and talk about, Well, in Rio, youll be there. And you hope that you believe that, you think you do, but then maybe thats not going to happen. And it is. And hopefully we win, and that would be an even better story.That story and the way it unfolds at the Olympics is the final march on Georges comeback tour.Now I know Im healthy, I know Im OK, I know Im 100 percent, George said. Im back to being myself. Its no limitations. Its no thought in my mind that Im limited to something. I kind of just feel like all the chains are off of me and Im free now.Unburdened by the injury, George is embracing being back at the scene where his progress was interrupted.Im just enjoying it, man, he said. Im just enjoying it. This trip is not about the injury. Thats behind me. It happened. Im over it. Its about preparing for a gold medal. ' ' '