The Islanders failed to score on a 4-minute power play | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
zgr123 Mai 16 '17
MINNEAPOLIS -- From the moment Yasiel Puig broke into the big leagues, its been go, go, go for the 23-year-old Cuban outfielder. Wholesale Jerseys Cheap . Now that Los Angeles Dodgers manager Don Mattingly is seeing his electrifying, and sometimes maddening, player start to slow things down on the diamond, theres no telling how far his talents can take him. Puig tied a career high with four hits and drove in two runs and Dan Haren struck out seven in 6 2-3 innings to help the Los Angeles Dodgers to a 9-4 victory over the Minnesota Twins in Game 1 of a day-night doubleheader on Thursday. "His whole game seems to be calming down, base-running, defence," Mattingly said. "At the plate were seeing him be more patient. The sky is the limit for Yasiel Puig. "If he continues down this path, then he changes everything with how you pitch him, what you can do to him, because hes going to force you to throw the ball over the plate." Haren (4-0) gave up four runs -- three earned -- and six hits with three walks and Juan Uribe also tied a career-high with four hits and two RBIs for the Dodgers. Chris Perez pitched 1 2-3 innings for his first save. Mike Pelfrey (0-3) gave up five runs and seven hits and walked three in four innings for the Twins. Brian Dozier had two hits and two RBIs for Minnesota. The Dodgers looked uncomfortable in the 40-degree weather in the first inning, when throwing errors by Carl Crawford in left field and catcher Miguel Olivo on the same play allowed Trevor Plouffe to score from first base on a bloop single by Jason Kubel to give the Twins a 2-0 lead. But Pelfrey, who has not won a game at Target Field since April 16, 2013, gave the lead right back when his walk to Olivo loaded the bases with no outs in the second inning. Puigs two-run double made it 3-2 and the Dodgers scored two more on a double from Matt Kemp and a single from Uribe in the third to take control. "Weve got to do something about it, we have to fix it," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said of Pelfrey. "Were trying to get him on the right path." Puig also had singles in the first, fourth and sixth innings and walked in the eighth, the third time hes had four hits in a game. He is batting .400 (16 for 40) with three doubles and 12 RBIs in his past 10 games to raise his average to .308 for the season and said hes worked with hitting coach Mark McGwire on his approach at the plate. "Hes helped me not get too anxious at the plate," Puig said through an interpreter. "And its helped me just connect with pitches that would normally give me trouble." The Twins seemed poised for a big inning in the fifth when Doziers single drove in two runs and a walk to Joe Mauer gave them runners on first and second with nobody out. Mattingly then challenged a close play at second base, when Hanley Ramirez stabbed a line drive from Plouffe and, in one motion, flipped the ball from his glove to second baseman Dee Gordon to try and double up Dozier. Umpires ruled Dozier safe on the play, but after a two-minute replay, officials overturned the call and ruled Dozier out. Jason Kubel grounded out in the next at-bat to end the inning and Haren escaped with a 5-4 lead. "That fifth inning was close to falling apart," Haren said. "Id be lying if I told you I didnt catch a break there, Hanley making a good play and getting the double play. ... Besides that I felt really good. I had a good rhythm the whole game." Gardenhire had a challenge of his own in the eighth inning when Kubel was called out on a play at second base. Gordon dropped the throw from Ramirez on the play, and replay officials quickly overturned the play to call Kubel safe. NOTES: Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw, on the disabled list since after his first start of the season with strained shoulder, threw 86 pitches and allowed two runs in five innings in a start for Double-A Chattanooga on Wednesday night and appears in line to rejoin the rotation early next week. ... Red Patterson will make his MLB debut in the nightcap for the Dodgers against Twins LHP Kris Johnson. Both were called up to start the game under a provision that allows rosters to expand to 26 for a doubleheader. Wholesale Jerseys Free shipping .  City has reached new heights under manager Manuel Pellegrini as they transition from big spending/immediate impact to perennial contender.  Yaya Toures seeming discontent Tuesday may complicate that, as does the little issue of Financial Fair Play. Cheap Jerseys Free shipping .The Hanwha Eagles said the team was impressed with Morgans contact ability and base-running skills.The 34-year-old debuted with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2007 and hit .UNIONDALE, N.Y. -- The Detroit Red Wings had just enough time to salvage a point. They still havent figured out how to make the most of overtime. Pavel Datsyuk, in his 800th NHL game, scored his second goal of the night with 42.5 seconds left in regulation, but the Red Wings couldnt turn it into a win as they were beaten 5-4 by the New York Islanders in a shootout on Saturday night. The Red Wings have lost six straight overall, five in a row in extra time, and three consecutive in shootouts -- including two on back-to-back nights. "If we hadnt gone through the last five, six games, this point would be pretty good," forward Henrik Zetterberg said. "Right now its tough. We cant find a way to win a game. I think we battled hard. It was a back-to-back game and we found a way to come back at the end. "Overall, I think its a good point, but we were right there to get two points." The Red Wings arrived in New York around 2 a.m. Saturday after losing at home to Washington on Friday. Detroit is 1-7 after regulation this season, 0-4 in shootouts. "We found a way to get a point," Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said. "We obviously have to get better. We will get better. Its pretty obvious weve got to win in regulation because the shootout is killing us. "Its like anything in life, it gets in your head a little bit. To me weve got to be hard-headed and mentally tough. The standings could be a lot different for us if we won all these games, especially these shootouts." Kevin Poulin was the difference for the Islanders after he replaced the injured Evgeni Nabokov in the first period. Neither team could hold the lead until he finally shut the door in the tiebreaker, denying Henrik Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Todd Bertuzzi. "I love this," Poulin said. "I was not nervous in the shootout, was pretty excited actually. I felt comfortable. You have to be ready to jump in. Thats why I play hockey." Frans Nielsen scored the only shootout goal for the Islanders, who had dropped five of six. "Kevin really stepped up for us," Islanders captain John Tavares said. "We kept calm and it paid off in the end." Cal Clutterbuck had given the Islanders a 4-3 lead when he had the second deflection of Aaron Ness shot from the left point past Gustavsson 4:43 into the third for his second goal. The Islanders are 6-0-1 against Detroit in the past seven meetings and havent been beaten by the Red Wings in regulation since November 2003. New York outshot Detroit 15-4 in the third period and 6-1 in overtime. Tavares had a goal and assist to stretch his point and assist streaks to five games. Casey Cizikas and Brock Nelson both scored tying goals in the second period for the Islanderrs. Cheap Jerseys. Poulin made 19 saves in relief of Nabokov, who injured a groin. Darren Helm and Johan Franzen had the other goals for the Red Wings, and Gustavsson stopped 37 shots through overtime in his first outing in place of Jimmy Howard since Oct. 23. Both teams were held at bay throughout most of the second period, but then combined for three goals in a span of 1:20 in the final three minutes of the frame. The Islanders got even 2-2 when the Red Wings poorly played a rush into their zone. Matt Martin carried the puck deep and fanned on a shot, but Colin McDonald got his stick on the puck and put it on Gustavsson. Cizikas got to that rebound and scored his second of the season and second in two games with 2:10 remaining. But for the second time, Islanders fans barely had a chance to celebrate before the Red Wings responded. Helm brought the puck into the New York zone and fed a pass to Franzen on the left wing. Franzen glided from the circle into the middle of the ice and snapped a drive past Poulin just 33 seconds later. This time it was the Islanders turn to answer quickly, and they did it 20 seconds into Luke Glendenings tripping penalty. Nelson scored with a second poke with 49.5 seconds remaining. The Red Wings wiped out their early 1-0 deficit just nine seconds after they fell behind, and knocked out Nabokov in the process. Helm won a faceoff against Tavares, right after the Islanders captain put New York in front at 4:03 with his ninth goal. The Red Wings controlled the puck in their zone until defenceman Jonathan Ericsson found Helm with a long lead pass that led to a breakaway. Helm came in on Nabokov, made a move that caused the goalie to do a split, and scored his second of the season at 4:12 to tie it 1-1. The 38-year-old Nabokov was playing for the first time in four games and the second in six. He was assisted by a trainer in the crease before getting up on his skates and gingerly skating while hunched over to the tunnel leading to the dressing room. Nabokov came into Saturday with a 5-5-3 record and 3.24 goals-against average. "He means a lot to this team, all of us," Tavares said. "Not everyone knows how much he does for us in this room. Hes important." Datsyuk made it 2-1 with 1:42 left in the first period, scoring a power-play goal with Bertuzzi screening Poulin in front. The Toronto Maple Leafs are now the only team Datsyuk hasnt scored a goal against. NOTES: The Red Wings recalled Glendening from Grand Rapids (AHL) to fill in for forward Daniel Alfredsson, who missed his second straight game because of a groin injury. ... The Islanders failed to score on a 4-minute power play that spanned the second and third periods after Franzen was called for high-sticking. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '