with a grin. So, hes a pretty good athlete.---AP freelan | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Mai 16 '19
OXFORD, Miss. Cheap San Francisco 49ers Jerseys . -- Mississippi doesnt have an obvious offensive star for the first time in several seasons.Rebels coach Andy Kennedy said thats not necessarily a bad thing, and he hopes a little balance and depth could help lead the program to a third NCAA Tournament in five years.When you look at our team, I think we have five, six or -- Im not kidding -- seven guys who could average double figures, Kennedy said.Its a vastly different look from the past four seasons, when Ole Miss had some of the leagues most prolific scorers. Marshall Henderson scored nearly 20 points per game over a two-year stretch and then came Stefan Moody, who was the SECs leading scorer with 23.6 points per game last year.Now the Rebels will have more of an ensemble cast which features returners like Sebastian Saiz, Rasheed Brooks and Marcanvis Hymon and newcomers like Cullen Neal, Justas Furmanivicius and Deandre Burnett.The 6-foot-9 Saiz is the teams most experienced player, entering his fourth season with the program after averaging 11.7 points and 8.7 rebounds per game. Kennedy said its likely he could average double figures in both points and rebounds if healthy.Hes one of my favorite guys who I have ever had here, Kennedy said. His energy is always right. Hes very positive. Hes going to put in his work and hes really evolved offensively.A good chunk of the teams perimeter scoring figures to come from Burnett and Neal. The 6-foot-2 Burnett sat out last season after transferring from Miami while the 6-5 Neal is a graduate transfer from New Mexico.-----Some other things to know about Ole Miss this season:BURNETTS TIME: Burnetts chance to lead a college basketball team has been a long time coming. The 2012 Parade All-American spent a year in prep school before going to Miami. He injured his wrist in 2013 before his freshman season and didnt play his first college game until 2014, when he averaged seven points per game. He decided to transfer to Ole Miss and had to sit out last season because of transfer rules. Hell be a 22-year-old junior this season.SAIZ BACK AT FULL HEALTH: Saiz returns after battling a scary eye injury last season that resulted in surgery to fix a detached retina. He says the injury has fully healed, though hell still wear protective goggles during games. Kennedy said Saiz is so effective, because of his 7-foot-6 wingspan which allows him to finish around the basket even though he doesnt possess elite athleticism.LEAVING HOME: Neal, the New Mexico graduate transfer, will be playing for Kennedy after spending his first three seasons in college playing for his dad Craig Neal. Kennedy said Neal has been tremendous. Another very hard worker. I dont pretend to think this is anything like what hes been in in the past because he was in a different system. And he was also in a different system playing for his father. So this is something completely new to him as well.OLD MAN KENNEDY: Kennedy is in his 11th season as the Ole Miss basketball coach, making him the longest-tenured basketball coach in the league. The 48-year-old has averaged more than 21 wins per season during his 10 previous seasons, making the NCAA Tournament twice and the NIT five times.VERSATILE JUSTAS: Kennedy is very high on Furmanivicius, a 6-foot-6 junior who can play both guard and forward. He averaged 12.5 points and 9.3 rebounds per game at Three Rivers (Mo.) C.C. and is a candidate to jump into the Rebels starting lineup from the first game.---Follow David Brandt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/davidbrandtAP .---AP College Basketball website: www.collegebasketball.ap.orgCheap Tennessee Titans Jerseys . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Authentic Jerseys Wholesale .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. http:///...-city-chiefs-jerseys . Ivanovic was leading 7-5, 1-0 when Hantuchova withdrew after falling 0-40 behind in the second game. The match started slowly for Ivanovic, who surrendered her first two serves as Hantuchova took a 5-3 lead. ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- AShawn Robinson said he had enough skills on basketball courts to draw offers to play at UCLA, Boise State and Holy Cross.When he was a 6-foot-4 freshman at Arlington Heights High School in Fort Worth, Texas, he had hoop dreams.When I got bigger, I didnt anymore, Robinson said.Taking his talents to football fields, and keeping them there, has panned out for him and the Detroit Lions.The 6-foot-4, 320-pound rookie defensive tackle is emerging as a key player for the NFC North-leading Lions (7-4) as they surge into contention for their first division title since 1993 .Robinson started in his first game on Thanksgiving when Detroit beat the Minnesota Vikings, breaking a first-place tie.Hes been good and steady, Lions coach Jim Caldwell said. Hes made some plays for us and does a good job of when he doesnt get to the passer, getting his hands up. Hes got a bit of a knack for that, but hes also made plays in the running game. Hes coming along.Robinson has knocked down five passes, tying him for third among NFL defensive linemen.Despite not being an every-down player this season, it is an impressive feat to rank among league leaders in any category and Robinson credits his hoops history.I think it helps my ability to know when the ball is going to get released from the quarterback and when to get my hand up and bat it, he said.When the New Orleans Saints (5-6) host the Lions on Sunday, theyve got a plan to combat Robinsons knack for knocking down passes when Drew Brees is throwing.Anytime a guy puts his hands up, we like to try too get back into his chest and get him to lower his hands, Saints right tackle Zach Strief said. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping. ut ultimately if a guy stops and jumps, all you can really do is push him. Theres been more and more of an emphasis of guys doing that as the passing game has gotten a little quicker over time. Sometimes you cant get home, and thats what you do.Lions defensive line coach Kris Kocurek puts his players through drills designed to rush and sack quarterbacks, not bat down passes.So when Robinson is hailed for his ability to do it, he makes it clear his coach isnt celebrating.If I cant get a sack, a batted ball takes a down away from the other team and I see it as a great thing, Robinson said. Coach Kris doesnt like it. He wants sacks instead. But you cant always get to the quarterback, so the next best thing is to bat the ball down.Robinson has two sacks this season and is credited with two quarterback hurries. He has made 17 tackles, including four for losses.Knocking down passes, though, has become his best asset because he clearly has a feel for passing lanes and the timing of throws.Hes reminded me a couple times that he was a basketball player and offered a scholarship by a couple schools, Caldwell said with a grin. So, hes a pretty good athlete.---AP freelance writer Guerry Smith in Metairie, Louisiana, contributed to this report.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '