8, and could conceivably drop all the way out of th | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Mai 16 '19
LAS CRUCES, N. Air Max 1 NZ .M. - No. 16 Texas A&M recorded its second sweep of the day, defeating host New Mexico State, 25-20, 25-16, 25-19, in the Borderland Invitational tonight at the Pan American Center.Texas A&M, which swept Arizona earlier in the day, improves to 2-0 in the tournament and 5-3 on the season. New Mexico State, which entered the contest riding a five-match win streak, falls to 6-3 overall.Texas A&M spotted NMSU a 6-1 lead to begin the match before freshman outside hitter Hollann Hans got an out-of-system kill to stop the host Aggies 5-0 run. Texas A&M continued to chip away at the NM State lead and trailed 11-7 before junior outside hitter Kiara McGee connected on three consecutive kills to put Texas A&M within 11-10. NMSU then committed back-to-back attack errors to give the visiting Aggies their first lead, 12-11.NM State regained the lead at 15-14 after A&M hit long on consecutive attack attempts. Kassandra Tohm then put NMSU ahead 16-14 with a kill, but A&M countered, scoring five unanswered points to go up, 19-17. The teams would exchange points before NM State, which was outhit .241 to -.032 in the frame, committed three consecutive errors to put A&M serving for the set, 24-19. A&M hit wide on the next play, but Hans, who led all players with five kills in the stanza, came back with a kill from the back row to secure the 25-20 win.NM State jumped out to an early lead to begin the second set before a dump kill by junior setter Stephanie Aiple, followed by solo blocks by sophomore middle blocker Kaitlyn Blake and Aiple put Texas A&M ahead, 9-7. NM State, the defending Western Athletic Conference champion, later tied the score at 10-10, before A&M reeled off five consecutive points.NM State cut the margin to 18-15 but could get no closer as senior middle blocker Jazzmin Babers tipped the ball in for a kill and Blake followed with a kill to put A&M up 20-15, forcing NMSU to call its final timeout. The host team got a kill coming out of the timeout, but Blake countered with a kill. Texas A&M, which outhit NMSU .304 to .000 in the set, went up 22-16 on a NM State attack error before Blake and Company closed out the match with three consecutive blocks.NM State held its largest lead of the third set at 14-9 before junior opposite hitter Ashlie Reasor recorded back-to-back kills to spark an 11-2 run that put Texas A&M ahead, 20-16. The teams then traded service errors before McGee and Babers had consecutive kills to put Texas A&M up, 23-17. A&M, which outhit NMSU, .286 to .080 in the set, served long on the next play, but Aiple put her team at match point with her third kill of the contest. NM State tipped the ball in for a kill to stay alive before McGee put down her seventh kill of the night to close out the match.Babers hit .667 and tied Hans for match-high honors in kills with nine. Aiple dished out 29 assists while directing A&M to a .275 hitting efficiency, and Blake led all players with eight blocks as A&M outblocked NM State, 12-2, and held the host Aggies to a .010 hitting efficiency for the match. Aiple and junior libero Amy Nettles shared team-high honors in digs with seven apiece.Texas A&M closes out the tournament against co-host UTEP, Saturday at 12 p.m. (1 p.m. CT) at Memorial Gym in El Paso, Texas.Texas A&M Head Coach Laurie Corbelli quotes:On getting two sweeps today...I was really happy with the way the team set the tone for the day. This has been a day that maybe on the back of my mind was one of the tougher days of our season; two matches that were really important for us, a third weekend on the road, a great Arizona team and a great conference champion New Mexico State team. I was picturing five set matches for both of these matches. For us to really put things together was great. I thought our blocking really improved, and our middles were involved more this week than they were last weekend in Puerto Rico. Those are the kinds of things we have been working on to continue to improve. Our ball handling was a whole lot better this weekend. That sets us up to have our setter have more options, gives her opportunities to attack and just makes our game look a lot smoother and a lot stronger and harder to stop.On the balanced attack...We are really sold on the balance because so many teams now just really set out to one hitter, with two or three blockers all waiting on one hitter that is sometimes really obvious who is going to get the ball on many teams, and I really dont want to play that way. Some days we have to, but we prefer not to.On the improved serving...I thought we got over the hump with our serving. We did not serve well the first two weekends at all, and I thought today our serving was much more aggressive and much more on point, and we just looked a lot more confident in our serving. That was really good to see. Wholesale Shoes NZ From China . U.S. District Judge Lorna G. Schofield in Manhattan agreed that lawyers on both sides could make their formal requests by Nov. 8. A hearing is scheduled for a day earlier. Jordan Siev, a lawyer for Rodriguez, wrote in a joint letter to the judge from lawyers on both sides that MLB lawyers planned to ask that the lawsuit be dismissed. Wholesale Air Max 1 NZ . All of the scoring came in the final 20:04. Lucic scored on a power play at 15:46 of the third period, when he tipped a shot over Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen for a 3-1 lead. http://www.airmax1salenz.com/ . Anthony Davis had 31 points and 17 rebounds in his seventh straight game with more than 20 points, but that was only enough to keep the Pelicans competitive into the final minutes. Andrew Bogut had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Golden State, which rebounded from a loss a night earlier in Oklahoma City and snapped a two-game skid. WACO, Texas -- Kyle Hicks spun away from two tacklers, and broke away from another while weaving through defenders. On another of his five TDs for TCU, he shifted the ball to his left hand and fully extended it over the pylon as he got hit.Hicks ran for a career-high 192 yards and kept finding the end zone, after not practicing all week, and the Horned Frogs beat 17th-ranked Baylor 62-22 on a dark Saturday for the Bears.For him to fight through, and its harder on turf, and make the cuts he did was big, coach Gary Patterson said.That helped TCU (5-4, 3-3 Big 12) hand Baylor its worst home loss since 2005. It came on a day when the Bears wore all-black uniforms, as selected by the seniors, and there were black T-shirts sold outside supporting former coach Art Briles.Its tough. You dont ever see anybody going through what were kind of going through, but we cant use that as an excuse, quarterback Seth Russell said. We cant let those outside things influence us in one way or another.The Bears (6-2, 3-2 Big 12, No. 13 AP) have lost consecutive games since a 6-0 start. TCU entered the game after losing back-to-back games for the first time since 2013.`I was surprised today, to be honest with you, acting head coach Jim Grobe said. But I think that once you have a couple tough losses like we have had the last two times out, I think it may be a little bit easier to just start playing football.Tomlinson set TCUs school record with six TDs in November 1999, when he ran for 406 yards against UTEP in what was then the single-game major college record.Both teams scored touchdowns in the first minute of the game, evoking thoughts of a sequel to the 61-58 game two years ago when Baylor handed TCU its only loss that season.After Seth Russell threw an 81-yard TD pass to Ishmael Zamora on the second play of the game, Kenny Hill hit Taj Williams for a 37-yard score on TCUs second play.That was the first of 31 consecutive points for the Horned Frogs, including two touchdowns in 7 seconds inn Baylors most lopsided loss at home since 62-0 to Texas 11 years ago. Clearance Air Max 1 NZ. Ranthony Texada returned an interception 28 yards for a score to make it 31-7 early in the second quarter. Then came the tackle-breaking 22-yard TD by Hicks, who was a game-time decision a week after hurting his ankle on the opening series in a double-overtime loss to Texas Tech.I thought about (a five-TD game) a lot, but I never thought about coming out on a stage like this and being able to perform like this, Hicks said. It was just great blocking by my offensive line and my wide receivers downfield blocking.THE TAKEAWAYTCU: QB Kenny Hill responded nicely from being replaced midgame a week earlier, throwing for 244 yards and running for 85 more. Pattersons team got a much-needed boost in their quest to get bowl eligible, now needing only one more win their last three games.Baylor: After all the issues off the field, things could now be crumbling on the field. The Bears were completely dominated in this game after the quick-strike start, and still have games left at No. 12 Oklahoma and No. 14 West Virginia. There were also reports that running back Shock Linwood shoved an assistant coach on the sideline.SCARY MOMENTTCU defensive end Tipa Galeai was taken off the field immobilized on a stretcher. He had collapsed on the sideline not long after being involved in a tackle. TCU officials said after the game that he was conscious and alert when taken to a hospital as a precaution.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe Bears will fall hard in the AP Top 25 following their second consecutive loss since peaking at No. 8, and could conceivably drop all the way out of the poll.UP NEXTTCU has an open date before hosting Oklahoma State on Nov. 19.Baylor goes to Big 12-leading Oklahoma next Saturday.---More AP college football at www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. ' ' '