younger Williams usually responds to setbacks | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
love520 Apr 4 '18
TORONTO -- As David Clarkson spent his first day on Toronto ice alongside his idol Wendel Clark, the comparisons between the Maple Leafs newest winger and their past star had already started. Nike Silver 97 Uomo . Clarkson hopes his tenure in Toronto earns him that kind of stature, but Clark already sees the 29-year-old as a better player. "I havent got that talent," Clark said Thursday after he and Clarkson worked with some kids at the teams hockey school. "He brings all parts of the game. Its not a one-dimensional game. Whatever game you want to play, thats how hell play it. If its going to be a physical night, hes there. If its part of putting the puck in the net, hes there. If it gets even rougher on a different night ... Dave can play every part of the game, no matter which way the game goes." Clarkson, who signed a seven-year, US$36.75-million deal with the Leafs last week, has plenty of work to do to live up to that contract. That includes scoring and being the kind of grinding, physical force he was with the New Jersey Devils. But Clark, who knows a thing or two about pressure after being the top pick in the 1985 draft, thinks its unfair to count on everything from Clarkson, who has just one 30-goal season. "Dave will come out and play his style, especially at home," Clark said. "I think his style suits that coming in here because this isnt really a road building for a lot of teams with 10 hometown boys usually on every other team. Its good. It reminds me a little bit of the old days ... its going to be a long night when youre playing against him." Clark had a similar impact during parts of 12 seasons with the Leafs as he battled injuries and tried to balance physicality and offence. Growing up in the Toronto area, Clarkson has a couple of specific memories about his idol. "I think it had to do with either going down the wing with a big shot and scoring, or a fight," he said. "I love that style of play or sticking up for a teammate. Those are the kinds of things that I enjoyed watching when I was young." So its no surprise that Clarkson, when he grew into his six-foot-one, 200-pound frame, tried to do the same at the NHL level. Clark didnt even mind the "Wendel Clark-son" nickname. "Its all good," Clark said. "Any time you can bring energy to the team, its not just about scoring and everything. It takes all types of players, so when you can bring different personalities in and lead-by-example guys and bring energy to the building, thats the fun part." The Clark-Clarkson comparisons will only go so far, though. Clarkson hasnt decided what jersey number hell wear next season, but he ruled out No. 17. "Couldnt do that. I couldnt live up to what he had done," he said. "To me, it was a childhood thing. But no, thats not in the equation." Nike Air Max 97 Blu . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. Air Max 97 Gold Uscita . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. http://www.airmax97saldi.it/nike-air-max-tn-uomo.html . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early. RIO DE JANEIRO -- For a sport supposedly filled with folks who dont care about the Olympics, there sure was a lot of crying during the tennis competition at the Rio de Janeiro Games.From Andy Murray, who became the first man or woman to win two singles golds. From Juan Martin del Potro, who earned the silver, losing to Murray 7-5, 4-6, 6-2, 7-5 in the final Sunday.From No. 1 Novak Djokovic, who surprisingly lost to del Potro in the first round, a result that elicited tears from both men, one because a gold medal is just about the only thing missing from his resume, the other because hes had such a tough road back from repeated injuries.And from Monica Puig, whose womens singles title gave Puerto Rico its first gold in any sport in Olympic history. Puig had done her best to memorize the islands anthem after her father emailed her the lyrics, but as that song played during a medal ceremony for the first time, she couldnt get out the words.If I wouldve stopped crying, I probably would have started singing, Puig said. But I couldnt. I was choking up the whole time.In the run-up to Rio, there was plenty of discussion about the relationship between the Olympics and tennis, which returned to the program in 1988 after a 64-year absence.But watching and hearing those who did participate made clear what it meant to them.Its been a buildup of emotions over the last 10 days or so, said Murray, who began the Rio Olympics by carrying Britains flag in the opening ceremony, then ended them by walking into his champions news conference with a Union Jack draped over his shoulder, and Im just very happy that I got over the line tonight.Here are some things to know about tennis at the 2016 Olympics:MURRAYS FORM: His victory over del Potro stretched Murrays winning streak to a career-high 18 matches, including a second Wimbledon title. Murray has participated in the four most significant matches of the year: all three Grand Slam finals (losing to Djokovic at the Australian Open and French Open, then beating Milos Raonic at the All England Club) and the Olympic final. I need to try and keep that going, Murray said, and the U.S. Open is always the next big goal. Play begins at Flushing Meadows in two weeks. Air Max 97 Kpu. .DEL POTROS RETURN: Considered the next big thing when he stunned Federer in the 2009 U.S. Open final at age 20, the 6-foot-6 Argentine first had problems with his right wrist, then needed three operations on his left wrist. Based on how he beat Djokovic, then Rafael Nadal, del Potros powerful forehand might be better than ever. If he stays fit, Murray said, theres no reason why he cant be up at the top of the game.DJOKOVIC AND NADAL: Djokovic was crestfallen to leave without a medal, then pulled out of next weeks Cincinnati Masters, citing a sore left wrist. He wont play again until the U.S. Open. Will he look like the guy who won four consecutive major titles or the guy who lost in the third round at Wimbledon and first round of the Olympics? After Nadal missed 2+ months with an injured left wrist -- unlike Djokovic, hes a lefty -- no one knew what to expect in Brazil. But the Spaniard earned a doubles gold and just missed a singles medal.SERENA WILLIAMS: Its not entirely clear what went wrong for Serena Williams, who lost in the third round of singles and the first round of doubles with her sister Venus (they won gold in all three previous Olympic appearances together). Given how the younger Williams usually responds to setbacks, it wouldnt be surprising to see her in fine form at the years last Grand Slam tournament.MEDAL COUNT: Despite what happened in singles and doubles to the Williams sisters, and even though the countrys highest-ranked man, John Isner, opted to skip the Olympics, the U.S. wound up with the best haul: one gold (Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Jack Sock in mixed doubles), one silver (Venus Williams and Rajeev Ram in mixed) and one bronze (Sock and Steve Johnson in mens doubles). The only other country to win three medals was the Czech Republic, with bronzes from Petra Kvitova in singles, Lucie Safarova and Barbora Strycova in womens doubles, and Lucie Hradecka and Radek Stepanek in mixed doubles.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys Stitched Jerseys ' ' '