me the second hometown player to win the Derby. With younger brother Beau -- an infielder-outfie | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Mai 18 '19
PHOENIX -- One of the most popular Phoenix Suns players from the franchises past will guide the team to an uncertain future. günstig nike air max store . At the news conference on Tuesday announcing his hiring as Suns coach, Jeff Hornacek spoke at length about his readiness for the job and the influences that will guide him. "Ive always felt that Ive been a coach," he said. "My dad was a coach, so Ive been around basketball since I was 5 years old." Hornacek played the first six of his 14 NBA seasons with the Suns. He was traded to Philadelphia in the Charles Barkley deal, then went to Utah, where he found great success as the backcourt teammate of John Stockton. Hornacek retired from playing to spend more time with his family, then eased into coaching, first as a shooting instructor in Utah, then since 2011 as a full-time assistant with the Jazz. His coaching style, he said, would be heavily influenced by his days playing for Cotton Fitzsimmons in Phoenix and Jerry Sloan in Utah. "Hopefully, I can take Jerrys toughness, Cottons enthusiasm and confidence-building and blend them together," Hornacek said, "and become a great coach like some of the great coaches that have been here in the past." He went through a "whos who" list of the best Suns players in the past, from Gar Heard to Walter Davis, Alvin Adams, Kevin Johnson, Barkley and Steve Nash. "Theres been great success here over the years," Hornacek said. But the Suns never have won an NBA title, and things have gone from mediocre to far worse the last couple of seasons. Hornacek inherits a team that went 25-57 last season, the worst record in the Western Conference and second-worst in Suns history. Only the teams inaugural season of 1968-69 was worse. Owner Robert Sarver said that these days the Suns "are selling hope." Hornacek will embody that belief as new general manager Ryan McDonough works to improve the teams unimpressive roster. Phoenix has the fifth and 30th picks in next months draft. Hornaceks philosophy will be to build teamwork with a consistent improvement on the court. He especially looks forward to working with young players, although he knows that fortunes arent transformed overnight. "Sometimes its a tough deal as a coach, as players," Hornacek said. "Youre going to have some struggles and thats when you have to stay positive through that, knowing that youre ultimately striving to get better and you have a higher goal." He said that he will enter the season with no preconceived notions on players and looks forward to the teaching aspect of his job. He said that todays players often havent received much quality coaching before they get to the NBA, often after just a year in college. His experience the last few years with Utah, Hornacek said, showed him that the demeanour of young players is not indicative of their willingness to be taught. "They may look at you and you might think theyre not paying attention," he said, "but they really do want to learn." McDonoughs first task when he replaced the fired Lance Blanks was to find a coach. He had heard all the great things about Hornacek but said the hiring seemed "almost too obvious." After McDonough met with Hornacek last week, he understood what all of those who had promoted him for the job were talking about. The team then moved quickly over the weekend to finalize the deal. Hornacek brings an amiable personality to a challenging job. He thinks thats an asset, because when he does come down hard on players, it will be a rare occurrence that gets their attention. "You have to find that fine balance between being able to get on guys and not harping on them all the time," he said, "because if you do that theyre going to tune you out." Hornacek has a home in Phoenix but McDonough said the new coachs abilities, and not the fact that he had such strong ties to the Suns, were the reason he was hired. "That was a bonus," McDonough said. Hornacek replaces Lindsey Hunter, who became interim coach after Alvin Gentry and the team parted ways in mid-January. Hornacek was drafted in the second round by Phoenix in 1986, the 46th selection overall. He eventually became part of a high-scoring backcourt with point guard Kevin Johnson, but he was sent to Philadelphia in the Barkley trade. Hornacek spent less than two years with the 76ers before being traded to Utah, where he played alongside Stockton for six-plus seasons, helping the team twice reach the NBA Finals. He averaged 14.5 points, topped by a career-best 20.1 points in 1992, his final season with Phoenix. He retired in 2000, and after working with the Jazz in various roles, he became a full-time assistant coach in 2011. air max 1 günstig . Speaking Thursday on TSN 1050 Thursday, the Leafs GM also touched on the questions surrounding the teams leadership and the struggles of his big-name free-agent signing. “Its not from lack of effort from the coaching staff. air max 1 kaufen outlet . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. http://www.airmax1outlet.ch/ . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. SAN DIEGO --?Giancarlo Stanton wore out Petco Park with a record display of power in the All-Star Home Run Derby on Monday night, peppering every landmark from the left-field corner to center field.Stanton hit 20 homers in the final round to best defending champion Todd Frazier of the Chicago White Sox. Overall, the Miami Marlins slugger hit a record 61 homers, shattering the single-night mark of 41 by Bobby Abreu in 2005.Stantons impressive shots hit the top level of the Western Metal Supply Co. building in the left-field corner and the top of the batters eye in center field.He sent several balls just below the giant scoreboard high atop the left-field stands and several over the bullpens in left-center.For sure, being on the West Coast and taking the flight out here just for this, you know. I figure its a waste if I dont bring this bad boy home, Stanton said, hoisting the trophy.The three-time All-Star is not on the National League roster for Tuesday nights game after batting .233 with 20 homers and 50 RBIs before the break.I had a great time. I had a blast.Literally.His longest shot was estimated at 497 feet. He hit the eight longest homers of the competition and 20 of the 21 deepest drives.When I get a few in a row, I would kind of bump it up 5 to 10 percent, he said.?But most the time I stuck at 80-90 percent. I knew I could do it, endurance-wise. I was just hoping my swing didnt fall about.Stanton can defend his title at home next year when the Marlins host the All-Star Game.That is where I got my childhood memories, watching the Home Run Derby as a kid, said Stanton, whos from Los Angeles.Maybe some kids are watching me. I wouuld like to return that. air max 1 schweiz online. Stanton is baseballs highest-paid player with a $325 million, 13-year deal. His new hitting coach is home run king Barry Bonds.Frazier, whos not on the American League All-Star team, hit 13 in the final round. He was a hometown winner last year while with the Cincinnati Reds. He was traded to the White Sox in December.The Western Metal Supply Co. building served as one of the better Derby targets, joining the Warehouse at Baltimores Camden Yards in 1993 and McCovey Cove outside San Franciscos AT&T Park in 2007, which were all targets for lefty hitters. Stanton hit 24 homers in the first round to eliminate the Seattle Mariners Robinson Cano (seven) and 17 in the semifinals to knock out Mark Trumbo (14) of the Baltimore Orioles.Frazier hit 13 in the first round to beat Carlos Gonzalez (12) of the Colorado Rockies, and 16 in the semifinals to eliminate Adam Duvall (15) of the Reds. Trumbo, who leads the majors with 28 homers, had two of the most impressive shots of the night, off the scoreboard in left field and onto the top of the Western Metal Supply Co. Building in his semifinal matchup against Stanton.Wil Myers of the San Diego Padres tried to become the second hometown player to win the Derby. With younger brother Beau -- an infielder-outfielder at Appalachian State -- pitching to him, Myers hit 10 homers in the first round and was eliminated by Duvall with 11. Beau Myers hit his brother with a pitch early in the four-minute period, and nearly nicked him another time. ' ' '