do that to you - and we werent able to rotate our squad. We were well and truly p | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 18 '19
NORTON, Mass. Cheap Air Max 90 Free Shipping . -- In the 477 days between Rory McIlroys last PGA Tour victory and his ultra-impressive, come-from-behind triumph at the Deutsche Bank Championship on Monday afternoon, hes been the subject of massive critical analysis.Hes been condemned for too few title contentions and too many back-door top-10s. Blasted for working out too much. Chided for not caring enough about his game -- or possibly caring too much. Razzed for not supporting the Olympics and castigated for comments about growing the game.Ask him which criticism is most unfair and he points to the one about his workout regimen, but quickly concedes that any judgment of his on-course performance is fair game.I dont know if any criticism is unfair, McIlroy said after a final-round 65 lifted him from a 6-stroke deficit to a 2-stroke victory. With my game, the critics and the analysts and everyone that are out there, theyre educated about golf, so they for the most part know what theyre talking about. A criticism of my golf game, I take it, and I know what I need to work on -- and sometimes those people point out the obvious.The obvious in this case was so obvious that he didnt even need to mention it. Thats because all of those criticisms put together didnt equal the negative reviews about his putting.And for good reason.By his own admission, McIlroys putting has largely been abysmal this year. If you dont believe him, just take a look at his PGA Tour ranks: Entering this week, he was 117th in putts per round, 130th in strokes gained putting, 165th in total putting, 189th in putting inside 10 feet and 193rd in three-putt avoidance.Most players would lose their cards with these numbers. McIlroy is such a good ball striker that he was simply losing tournaments.Just a week ago, he did something about it. He switched from a Nike putter to a Scotty Cameron mallet-style model and formalized a working relationship with putting guru Phil Kenyon, who has previously helped the likes of Henrik Stenson and Louis Oosthuizen.Something clicked. Check that: Everything clicked.At TPC Boston, McIlroys putting stats were a complete turnaround. He finished seventh in strokes gained putting and first in putting average, and he endured just a lone three-putt all week.To paraphrase Happy Gilmore: Somebody learned how to putt -- uh-oh.Its just incredible, this game, how quickly things can change and how quickly things can turn around, he explained. Its been a great lesson for me this week not to get down on myself, to stay patient.Those words illustrated not only his reversal on the greens but also an epic bounce-back after an inauspicious beginning to the tournament.Through his opening three holes on Friday morning, McIlroy was already 4 over par -- just two spots away from last place on the leaderboard. He played the remaining 15 holes in 4 under and then posted progressive scores of 67-66-65, all while pointing to that Friday comeback as the key component.I thought its a great opportunity being 4 over through three holes to do something that I had never done before, to be in that position and go on and win a golf tournament, he said. I think even finishing in the top 10 after that start on Friday would have been a very respectable result, but to be sitting up here and have won the tournament, Im very proud of myself for that.McIlroy cited an ever-increasing maturity level and a reluctance to get down on himself as the reasons for this weeks win. That much is true, but so is this: Just a few weeks ago, he wouldnt have been able to make this comeback because he wasnt putting well enough.Thats right. The guy who ranked so far down the list on putting ranks this season won because of his putting this week.His world-class peers took notice, too.Adam Scott: Hes remarkable because hes a bit Teflon-coated, Rory. He gets criticized a lot, everything analyzed, and hes very patient, I think, with it all. To me, it looks like he hasnt got so frustrated this year -- hes just kept doing his thing. And this week hes kind of found some magic in his fingers or something and hes holing everything.Jordan Spieth: The last two weeks, hes been on the practice green every time Ive been there, and before and after. I feel like I work hard on my putting, and hes worked as hard as anybody in the past two weeks on his putting. Its just a little bit of confidence. I mean, it seems to be working for him now.Jason Day: Over the last few days, hes obviously playing pretty well. Its been tough conditions and he thrives under these conditions with his ball striking. And if he gets hot on the greens...Day didnt need to finish that sentence.If McIlroy gets hot with his putting, this is exactly what happens: He finishes the day clutching a big trophy.That much is obvious, just as obvious as the season-long criticism about his putting -- criticism that will disappear after his long-awaited triumph. Nike Air Max 90 For Sale Cheap . Woodson said during a radio interview Thursday that the Knicks Carmelo Anthony doesnt get the same calls as other superstars. Air Max 90 Outlet .5 million, one-year contract on Friday. Hawkins, who turns 41 in December, will compete with Rex Brothers for the closers role at spring training. http://www.airmax90outletsale.com/ .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season.Catalans Dragons head coach Laurent Frayssinous insists climbing to second place in Super League will not affect the team’s “humble” approach to matches. The Dragons recorded their fifth win in succession and fourth on the road this season by thrashing Hull Kingston Rovers 40-0 at the KC Lightstream Stadium on Thursday.They are now just two points adrift of league leaders Warrington Wolves, having won seven of their 10 fixtures so far this year. Frayssinous told Sky Sports: We have looked good since the pre-season, but we dont want to see too far. We want to keep on building, keep on staying humble.We all know the Super League season is very hard and long, so we dont want to be worried about that [the league table] and we want to keep on performing on the field.Catalans ran in seven tries against Hull KR, but Frayssinous was particularly pleased with the shutout. Catalans Dragons Glenn Stewart talks through his performance against Hull KR at the touchscreen He added: At the moment, what is good for us and what we can be proud of is our defence the last few weeks.Maybe today we come at the point of a very good defence. In the past, Catalans Dragons have been playing good footy but not consistent enough in defence, so we will keep on working hard on that. Highlights of Catalans Dragons away win at Hull KR in Super League Catalans flew back to France immediately after the win, but they will be back in England to face St Helens next Thursday. Wholesale Air Max 90. Frayssinous said: We just played out fifth game in 18 days and three travels. We have got a good squad and depth in our squad, and we know what type of team we will face next Thursday. It will be a tough trip and we want to do our best next week. Hull KR head coach James Webster reflects on the defeat to Catalans Dragons Hull KR head coach James Webster lavished praise on Catalans but felt injuries and a congested fixture schedule had taken their toll on his team.He said: That was as good a performance as Ive seen this year in Super League from Catalans. Take the first 10 minutes out of the game, when we couldnt get a foothold on it, and we struggled from thereon in.We have had a tough month - Easter can do that to you - and we werent able to rotate our squad. We were well and truly past our best this week and we need to regroup. Also See: Catalans run riot over Rovers Catalans fixtures Wolves v Saints battles Rugby league set of six ' ' '