the season openerthe season opener | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mai 18 '19
After the WBC removed several fighters from its newly released October divisional rankings this past Tuesday for their failure to enroll in the sanctioning organizations mandatory Clean Boxing Program, several of the boxers dropped have enrolled and will return to the rankings next month, WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman announced. Air Max 95 Australia Outlet .The WBC, which has been at the forefront of drug testing among boxings sanctioning bodies, is the only one to implement a year-round random drug testing program for all of its titleholders and ranked boxers. It is overseen by the Las Vegas-based Voluntary Anti-Doping Association and when 25 ranked fighters missed last weeks enrollment deadline they were dropped from the ratings, including such notable contenders as former heavyweight titleholder David Haye; former light heavyweight champion Jean Pascal; welterweight contenders Amir Khan and Lamont Peterson, both former junior welterweight titleholders; and lightweight Felix Verdejo, one of boxings top prospects.However, after the fighters were dropped from the rankings, many of them completed the enrollment process, Sulaiman said.The WBC has received communications from many boxers who were taken out of the WBC ratings, and most of them have now finished the enrollment process, which for different reasons was not completed in due time, Sulaiman said. All those boxers who enroll in the program will be returned to the WBC ratings in the month of November following the ratings criteria of the WBC, of course, to determine in which spot they are to be ranked.The WBC priority is to work in education and awareness to help all involved in boxing learn the dangers of PED use, as well as those illegal procedures which eventually create tremendous health problems for the athletes.Among the more prominent fighters who completed their enrollment are Khan, Pascal, Verdejo, junior middleweight contender Vanes Martirosyan and former junior welterweight title challenger Hank Lundy. Sulaiman said several others are in the process of completing their enrollment.It is very important to also mention that more than 70 boxers who are not mandated to enroll -- as they are not ranked in the top 15 -- have voluntarily submitted and enrolled in this historic program, Sulaiman said. The WBC salutes its champions and all of the top 15 rated fighters, but additional recognition must go to the others who also took it upon themselves to enter this program. It says so much about concern for their welfare and respect for the sport.The work has been monumental but extremely satisfactory, and a new era in our sport has begun as we all work together to make the sport safer. The WBC and VADA will work diligently in all aspects of the program.Some of the fighters not ranked in the WBCs top 15 of their division to enroll include heavyweights Oscar Rivas and Lucas Browne; cruiserweight Stivens Bujaj; light heavyweights Radivoje Hot Rod Kalajdzic and Mike Lee; super middleweights David Benavidez and Dimitri Chudinov; middleweights Hugo Centeno, Ivan Golub and former junior middleweight titleholder Yuri Foreman; junior middleweights Willie Nelson and Ramon Alvarez; welterweight Chris Algieri, a former junior welterweight world titleholder; junior welterweights Mauricio Herrera, Sergey Lipinets and Ivan Baranchyk; junior lightweight Billy Dib, a former featherweight world titleholder; featherweight Albert Pagara; and bantamweight Arthur Villanueva. Cheap Air Max Shoes Australia . A knee to the thigh might have stung him the most, but his sixth straight double-double made up for the brief burst of pain. Wholesale Nike Air Max Australia Sale . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. http://www.airmax95discountaustralia.com/ . -- Catcher Brett Hayes has agreed to a $630,000, one-year contract with the Kansas City Royals, avoiding salary arbitration. PITTSBURGH -- James Conner doesnt care where he plays, how he plays or how much he plays, he just wants to play football.That was the driving force behind the Pitt redshirt junior running backs six-month recovery from Hodgkin lymphoma, and toward that end, he joined his teammates Monday in the Panthers first day of training camp.Conner was diagnosed in November but continued training and working out during his chemotherapy, even participating in spring practices with a surgical mask to protect his weakened immune system. In May, was declared cancer free by his medical team.Throughout, the goal was to get back on the football field.Being out there with my teammates who competed all summer with me and who stuck by my side through my whole journey, its just awesome to be back, Conner said after completing his first practice.Even before his diagnosis, Conners 2015 had taken a frustrating turn. He tore his medial collateral ligament in Pitts season opener against Youngstown State and wasnt able to return.That means Conner has a decent amount of rust to shake off to return to the form that made him the ACC Player of the Year in 2014, when he rushed for 1,765 yards and scored 26 touchdowns. Physically, he has no limitations, but to get his timing back, its all about getting reps in camp.Just getting the feel, he said. You have to be in shape, just getting the feel and getting back into the rhythm of things. Thatll come with reps in practice. Every day, I work on every part of my game. Its just taking reps, getting back into my rhythm. It wont take long.Its the mental part of the game that you need, agreed coach Pat Narduzzi. Its not just running the ball. Some people might think that playing running back is easy -- you just carry the ball and find a whole. But theres a lot more to it than thatt. Cheap Air Max 95 Australia From China. In Conners absence, Qadree Ollison turned in a 1,121-yard season that earned him ACC Offensive Freshman of the Year honors. Theyll be joined by senior Rachid Ibrahim, sophomore Darren Hall and freshman Chawntez Moss in what could be a crowded backfield.Theyve proven that they can carry the load, Conner said of his backfield mates. Im just helping out now, theyve established and proved to themselves that they can compete in the ACC. Without me, they had something great going. Im just trying to add to it.The plethora of running talent has led to new offensive coordinator Matt Canada tinkering with some multi-back sets and with Conner lining up at wide receiver from time to time this season. Conner did some pass-catching drills on the first day in addition to working out with the first team at running back.There are times where youll see two or three tailbacks out there -- maybe four, who knows, Narduzzi said. Well find out here in the end. We have really good competition there from James to the young guys.Wherever he ends up and whatever his role will be, Conner feels forever changed by his experience.Its bigger than the game of football, he said. Its bigger than myself. The impact that Ive had on others, I dont take that for granted any more. Im just thankful to God. You wont hear me complain, my teammates wont ever hear me complain again and they wont be complaining, either. Anything is better than receiving chemotherapy. Id rather be out here playing football.With one milestone checked off, Conner can turn his thoughts to the season opener Sept. 3 vs. Villanova, and his ultimate goal of leading the Panthers back out of the tunnel at Heinz Field. ' ' '