only play for India till Saha recovers from his thigh strain. At the moment, that is only one match.Parthiv understands the situation hes in, Kohli said. Im pretty glad | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mai 19 '19
OKLAHOMA CITY -- It lasted 16 days and spanned seven games, but Russell Westbrooks triple-double streak finally came to an end in the Oklahoma City Thunders 99-96 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday. Stitched NFL Jerseys .Westbrook fell short by four assists, finishing with 37 points, 12 rebounds and six assists.Honestly, Im just happy we won tonight, man, thats the most important thing, Westbrook said when reflecting on the streak. Me as a player, I always try to look forward. Maybe at the end of the season I can talk about it, but as of right now my job is to move forward and get ready for Portland and try to win that game.Westbrook was at the front of another Thunder comeback, this one from 13 down, and completed it with the go-ahead bucket with 30.6 seconds left on a driving lefty layup. On the following possession, Westbrook forced a tie-up with Avery Bradley and then won the ensuing jump ball to help seal the win for OKC.Ill say this about the triple-doubles, because I always find this interesting, on a night like tonight with all the things he did, is it any less special than if he would have had a couple more assists? Thunder coach Billy Donovan said. To me, sometimes we get wrapped up if he had 37 points, 20 rebounds and eight assists, is it disappointing? I get all the stuff of people wanting to talk about it, but at the same point, part of the reason he didnt get a triple-double was we didnt shoot the ball particularly well.I think Russell understands and sees that certainly getting those seven straight games is remarkable, Donovan said, but I dont think tonight is any less remarkable of what he did.The Thunder struggled shooting, hitting only 3 of 21 shots from 3-point range. Westbrook didnt record an assist on a made basket farther than 8 feet.Westbrooks run of triple-doubles tied him with Michael Jordan for the longest since 1989 and put him within two of Wilt Chamberlain (1968) for the longest ever. Westbrooks previous career long was four, set during the 2014-15 season.During the streak, the Thunder went 6-1, the lone loss coming Friday against the Houston Rockets, 102-99. He has 12 triple-doubles on the season; the Thunder are 9-3 in those games.?I always take the same mindset every night. It doesnt change anything I do, Westbrook said. I always come out and compete at a high level every night, streak or no streak. A winning streak is more important to me, and tonight we got a win.Westbrook is still averaging a triple-double 24 games into the season, the furthest anyone has taken those averages since Oscar Robertson in 1963-64. Cheap Super Bowl LII Jerseys . Ronaldo produced a spectacular individual performance on Tuesday, scoring all three goals and guiding Portugal into the next years World Cup in Brazil with a 3-2 victory in Sweden. The Real Madrid forward has scored 66 goals in 2013, but the last three may be the boost he needs to upstage Messi after FIFA unexpectedly extended the voting period for the Ballon dOr to Nov. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Free Shipping . But the quarterback hopes to stay involved in football after officially calling it quits Tuesday. "Id love to look at those opportunities as they arise," Pierce said in an interview from his Winnipeg eatery. http://www.nflauthenticjerseys.com/ . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. Virat Kohli will captain his 20th Test match on Saturday and he is yet to field the same XI in consecutive games. Sometimes that choice has been taken away from him - Mohali being the latest example where Indias first-choice wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha will not be available due to injury.Other times the changes were tactical. The inclusion of Bhuvneshwar Kumar in St Lucia and Kolkata earlier this year on pitches that looked like they would seam is one such instance. There was also the Cheteshwar Pujara v Rohit Sharma debate that dominated the 2015-16 season. Both, Indias players and the management appear to be comfortable with such an environment, where a change in conditions could mean someones skills become surplus to the teams cause. Kohli explained the horses-for-courses approach was a conscious decision. This is something that we made pretty clear when we lost the game in Galle [against Sri Lanka in 2015]. After that we had a pretty clear chat that we are going to play people that we think are suitable for different venues.Even the batting order changes; I have gone up and down the order as well and other batsmen are keen to do it as well. I think it sends the message across, that the eventual motive is for the team to win.While he has always wanted to bat higher, R Ashwins success at No. 6 also falls into the category of Indias players taking up the challenge of unfamiliar batting positions.Pujara made a century as a makeshift opener in seamer-friendly conditions at the SSC in Colombo last year. Ajinkyya Rahane made one at No. NFL Jerseys China. . 3 on a different ground in the same city. Kohli did the same in the Caribbean, moving to one drop after making a double-century at No. 4. Each of them adjusted because India wanted Rohit in their XI.Still, there is an argument that players might prefer a little job security. Kohli appreciated that his men were willing to look past that.Every player needs to buy into the idea and it makes it easier as captain and the management if players agree to it - and they have, Kohli said. They have been pretty good with it and thats why if you see someone stepping in for a game or two, they take it as an opportunity and have actually given match-winning performances.Its not like they are taking the pressure off not knowing whether they will play the next game. Its all about focussing on that particular game and staying in the present and it has been really wonderful to see it and we just want to carry that forward.Parthiv Patel is in such a situation. Coming back into Test cricket for the first time in eight years, he may only play for India till Saha recovers from his thigh strain. At the moment, that is only one match.Parthiv understands the situation hes in, Kohli said. Im pretty glad he respects that and hes still looking forward to the opportunity and try to make a mark. He knows when we plan to take two wicketkeepers away. This is the opportunity. ' ' '