could pull it off.Instead the No. 1-ranked Djokovic, w | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Apr 4 '18
LONDON -- Novak Djokovic was embroiled in a tetchy exchange with reporters after defeating Dominic Thiem in his Tour Finals opener. Tyrell Adams Jersey .The Serb -- who was overtaken as world No. 1 by Andy Murray this week -- had earlier appeared to vent his frustrations after losing a first-set tiebreaker in his 6-7 (10), 6-0, 6-2 victory.He nearly tagged his coach Boris Becker with a ball seemingly struck in the direction of his players box, and was given a code violation by chair umpire Carlos Bernardes.It was suggested to Djokovic in his postmatch news conference that he had been close to potentially hitting a spectator in the crowd, which could have resulted in him automatically defaulting the match.It didnt go down well with him. You guys are unbelievable, he said. Youre always picking these kind of things.Im close? Im still not suspended, so if Im not close, Im not close. It could have been [serious], yes. It could have snowed in the O2 arena, as well, but it didnt.Im the only player that shows his frustration on the court? Thats what you are saying?It is not an issue for me. Its not the first time I did it.Indeed, Djokovic also flirted with more serious punishment when he vented his frustrations in the Roland Garros quarterfinals earlier this year.After missing a break point in the second game of the third set of that 6-3, 7-5, 6-3 win against Tomas Berdych, Djokovic went to smash his racket into the dirt, only to see it slip out of his hand and fly into the back wall on Philippe Chatrier Court.Djokovic admitted at the time he was lucky -- had he hit the nearby line judge, who was forced to take evasive action, he could possibly have been disqualified.Instead, he escaped with a warning for racket abuse after quickly apologizing to chair umpire Eva Asderaki Moore in Paris.[It was a] high intensity, high level of tennis in the first set, Djokovic continued in his news conference. We didnt really give each other too many chances. I think we each only had one break point. We both went for shots. A lot of long rallies. It was over an hour, the first set.When I had the great comeback of saving six set points, then I didnt manage to win that first set, of course youre frustrated. On the other hand, you know, I think I managed to kind of compose myself and really gather all my attention and concentration to what was coming up after that.The great start of the second set helped me to regroup.Djokovic is chasing a record-equaling sixth Tour Finals title in London, which would see him immediately regain the No. 1 ranking form Murray. Kelechi Osemele Jersey . - Blake Griffin had 30 points and 12 rebounds, J. Fred Biletnikoff Jersey . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. http:///...matuszak-jersey.html . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. SAN DIEGO -- Rod Lavers grand accomplishment wont be duplicated for another year, and hes as surprised as anyone.Since?Novak Djokovic lost to Sam Querrey on Saturday in the third round at Wimbledon, Djokovic cant match Lavers run of winning a Grand Slam in a calendar year.Laver, who was attending the Yankees-Padres game on Saturday night, is the last player to win all four majors in a single calendar year, doing it for the second time in 1969.The 77-year-old Laver couldnt believe Djokovic stumbled, losing 7-6 (6), 6-1, 3-6, 7-6 (5).I am still totally surprised that Querrey beat him, Laver said. I still thought he could pull it off.Instead the No. 1-ranked Djokovic, who won this years Australian Open and French Open, was ousted in a match that took two days because of rain delays. Djokovic, the two-time defending Wimbledon champion, needed to win Wimbledon and the U.S. Open to join Laver and Don Budge as the only men to claim the calendar-year Grand Slam.Djokovic won four straightt majors, but not in a calendar year. Rodney Hudson Jersey. He just wasnt himself, something was off, Laver said. I think maybe he felt winning all four titles and being the defending champion of all four was a Grand Slam in his mind.And so even if it wasnt in the calendar year, it didnt matter. Way back in there somewhere you are thinking one thing, that it doesnt matter, but you are thinking it does matter. Those are two different thoughts to have when you are playing.Laver thought after all these years someone would have joined him and Budge.Im still happy to have the title, but I dont own it, Laver said. I would have liked to have been at the US Open and be the first to shake Djokovics hand if he did it. Don Budge did that for me in 1962 at Forest Hills.What did he say?Welcome to an exclusive club, Laver said.Its one that wont admit another member this year. Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys Stitched Jerseys ' ' '