. In this series he has had two such hau | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 20 '19
Three years ago, Texas Tech seemingly had uncovered something special in walk-on true freshman quarterback Baker Mayfield. Stan Smith China .As it turned out, that relationship burned out before the end of the season. This weekend, the acrimonious split that followed will finally come full circle.Theyll be ready for me when I get down there, thats for sure, said Mayfield, who will return to Lubbock for the first time as quarterback of the Oklahoma Sooners. Im excited for it. Its always fun to play in Lubbock. This time, Im on the other side of it.When Mayfield arrived at Tech in 2013 as an unheralded walk-on, first-year coach Kliff Kingsbury had inherited one quarterback in Michael Brewer and signed another in Davis Webb. Yet by August, Brewer had a back injury, and Webb got sick, which caused him to lose 40 pounds.Baker was really the only guy we had left, Brewer said in an interview with ESPN.com this week.Mayfield, however, made the most of his opportunity. With him behind center, the Red Raiders raced to a 5-0 start before a knee injury knocked Mayfield out of the lineup too. The rest of the season, Kingsbury shuffled quarterbacks, and Tech won two more games before dropping its final five. After starting Mayfield in the regular-season finale at Texas, which the Red Raiders lost 41-16, Kingsbury reopened the competition for the bowl.I guess Baker felt like he deserved to be back in there, Brewer said. Neither party was happy about it. Texas Tech was losing. On the other hand, Baker felt like he deserved to play. Davis had been playing. I was trying to rehab. There was a lot going on.The whole thing got pretty hairy, as far as he said, they said. And to be honest with you, I dont really know too many of the details, other than Baker pretty much had enough and decided to go elsewhere.Mayfield didnt wait. Before Techs bowl game against Arizona State, he informed Kingsbury that he would be leaving.Initially, Mayfield cited a miscommunication with Kingsbury as his reason. But in an interview with ESPN.com a month later, he went in-depth.When I got hurt, there was no communication between me and my coach. When I got healthy, I didnt know why I wasnt playing right away, Mayfield said. At that time, we were losing a couple games in a row. I was still clueless as to why I wasnt playing. That was really frustrating for me because I started the first five games and we won. So I just didnt really know exactly what he was thinking or what the situation was. So that happened. And then going from a week-to-week basis, not knowing whether I was going to play or not and how short the leash would be if I had an average half, how quickly I would be pulled or anything like that, it was making me uncomfortable, and I just didnt want to be there anymore. I loved Lubbock, and I loved my teammates. But going through that, and then [they] tell me theyre still working on a scholarship for next fall, and I wouldnt have one for this semester coming up. It was all that.Tech officials had indicated that Mayfield wouldve been placed on scholarship that spring. But Brewer, who later transferred to Virginia Tech, said Mayfields communication complaint was valid.It was a unique situation, with three of us capable of playing, Brewer said. It seemed like it differed every week. One kid was getting told this, the other kid was getting told this. And then on Friday, neither one of those things happened. So there was just a lot of confusion, and the communication wasnt real great. A couple of people got tired of it and decided to go elsewhere. I think there was a lot of right and wrong on both sides. I think both sides couldve handled it better.For Mayfield, the feud was only beginning. Tech declined to release him so he could transfer in conference to Oklahoma, where he wanted to go. Because Big 12 transfer rules at the time didnt differentiate between walk-on and scholarship players, Mayfield faced the prospect of not only sitting out in 2014 but also losing a year of eligibility.That only inflamed the animosity. After the Big 12 faculty athletic representatives voted down Mayfields appeal to become immediately eligible, his father called Kingsbury a scoundrel in an interview with The Oklahoman.Then in December 2015, after he had won the Oklahoma job and quarterbacked the Sooners to the playoff, Mayfield riled up Techs fan base again. He claimed that during the year he sat out, he was tossed out of a Lubbock bar the weekend the Sooners played Tech (in a Facebook post, the owner retorted that Mayfield had been thrown out because he was a minor). Either way, that eventually prompted the Tech blog Viva The Matadors to run the headline, I Hate Baker Mayfield.Since then, however, the bitterness has begun to thaw. This past summer, a day after voting down a proposal to change the walk-on transfer rule, the faculty reps reversed their decision. The ruling essentially gave Mayfield back his fourth season of Big 12 eligibility, so he could remain at Oklahoma for 2017.In a twist, Tech officials actively supported Sooner officials in trying to get the rule revisited and reversed. Both times, the Red Raiders voted in favor of the changing the rule.During Big 12 media days, Kingsbury added to that by praising Mayfield.I loved coaching him, he said. Loved the chip on his shoulder. Have cheered for him in every game except one.With Patrick Mahomes leading the nation in passing for the Red Raiders, Kingsbury noted again this week that it has all worked itself out in a way where everybodys happy. Baker is playing well, so I dont see the issue anymore.Alls well that ends well. But that doesnt mean The Jones wont be all over him Saturday -- or that Mayfield wont be goading them back.Tech has a passionate fan base, and I know a lot of them werent happy about Baker leaving, Brewer said. And Baker is a pretty outspoken guy. Hes going to go out there a little bit animated and egging them on, for sure.I imagine its going to be pretty crazy. Wholesale Adidas Shoes .com) - Richie Incognito has reportedly been admitted to a psychiatric care unit in Arizona. Discount Stan Smith .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. http://www.discountstansmith.com/ . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early. 5Number of West Indies batsmen who have carried their bat through a Test innings. Kraigg Brathwaite became the fifth. The only other West Indies batsman to carry his bat in the last 20 years was Chris Gayle, against Australia at Adelaide Oval in 2009-10. The three instances prior to Gayle were all by Desmond Haynes, between 1986 and 1993. Frank Worrell (1957) and Conrad Hunte (165) were the other two to achieve this feat.9 Instances of batsmen carrying their bat against Pakistan - the second-most against any side. Three of the last four instances against Pakistan, before Brathwaite, were by Zimbabwe players. There were five instances of batsmen doing this against Pakistan in 1990s but Brathwaite is only the second since 2000. The team against which this has happened the most is England (13 times), and the least is against Sri Lanka (twice).1 Only one of the previous six instances of West Indies batsmen carrying their bat have resulted in wins - Haynes (143*) against Pakistan in Port of Spain in 1992-93. Overall, only 13 of the previous 50 instances have resulted in wins.3 Batsmen who have carried their bat in the last 14 months. Dean Elgar and Cheteshwar Pujara did this last year. There were no such instances for about three-and-a-half years between January 2012 and August 2015.13 Before this match, West Indies had failed to take a lead in 13 consecutive Tests when batting second. In those matches, they conceded an average lead of 204. In away matches, when batting second, in matches excluding Bangladesh, the last time West Indies took a lead was way back in 2006 in Multan.3 Number of top-order batsman (Nos. Authentic Stan Smith Shoes. 1 to 6) to bag two pairs in a year - Asad Shafiq became the third. The previous two were: Mohinder Amarnath in 1983 and Mark Waugh in 1992. Both Amarnath and Waugh had got those pairs in the same series, unlike Shafiq. Shafiq is only the second Pakistan player from any batting position to get two pairs in a year after Shabbir Ahmed in 2005.2 Instances of Pakistans top-four batsmen aggregating four ducks in a Test. The only previous instance was also in Sharjah, in 2002-03, against Australia. In this match, Shafiq got a pair, Azhar Ali scored zero in the first innings and Younis Khan in the second. This was Younis fourth duck in the UAE, and his third in Sharjah.2 Pakistans 281 in this Test was the second smallest total in a completed Test innings to include four individual fifty-plus scores. New Zealand had scored only 275 in an innings inclusive of four fifties against Pakistan in Hamilton in 2010-11.2 Five-wicket hauls for Wahab Riaz. This is his 20th Test. His first five-for was against England at The Oval in 2010 on his debut, and the second came in this match after a gap of six years.1 Number of three-wicket hauls for Jason Holder in Tests prior to this series, in 17 matches. In this series he has had two such hauls, including the one in the second innings of this Test. This is only his second series, out of eight, in which he has taken more than five wickets. In the four matches of the home series against India recently, he had taken only one wicket. ' ' '