yan Fox (158th), Rod Pampling (166th), | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 21 '19
Australias captain Steven Smith believes his dramatically changed team have found a way forward in their first Test since coming together, a rousing seven-wicket victory over South Africa in which the Queensland left-handers Usman Khawaja and Matt Renshaw played key roles. Swell Water Bottle 17 Oz .As well as Australia bowled, first-innings runs are going to be what defines the success or otherwise of Smiths side. To that end, Renshaws effort to see through a tough period on the first evening followed by Khawajas subsequent masterclass in dogged batting dictated much about how the match panned out. Tellingly, Smith said it helped that three new batsmen were free of the scars of the preceding five Tests. Not surprisingly, Smith wants to see more of the same.I thought we responded really well, Smith said of the challenges posed by the pink ball and floodlit conditions. We had three batters in the top six who had no scars or anything like that so they were able to come in and play their natural game, which was nice. I thought we adapted really well.I thought Usman was outstanding to come in under a pretty tricky situation on that night, opening the batting and get through that difficult period in the night and then bat the whole next day. It shows a lot about his character and what hes willing to do. I thought he played beautifully out there for seven hours to wear them down and score a big hundred. I guess thats the sort of template were looking for in our top six batters.Renshaws place will be a matter for some conjecture whenever Shaun Marsh returns to full fitness, but there was much to like about the way he played his game, tested the patience of the bowlers and put the highest premium on his wicket. Smith was enthused by what he saw. I thought he played quite well. He knows his game very well, Smith said. Obviously he got beaten a lot, but he wasnt chasing the ball. He was keeping his line. South African had some quality bowlers that nip the ball quite a bit so you cant afford to follow them. Something I thought Usman did particularly well in the first innings.He [Renshaw] played the line and let the ball that nips go past the bat and he didnt seem fazed by it at all. He just got on with the job and made them bowl to him. When they got a bit straighter he picked them off and thats the way he goes about his game and it was nice for him and Petey [Handscomb] - two guys on debut - to be there at the end.Khawaja is Renshaws state captain, and spoke with a similar level of warmth for someone who has set himself up with a Test match method in mind. Hes got a really good temperament, hes got a really good head on him, Khawaja said. What you saw today or during this Test match was one bit of Matt Renshaws game. He does have a very good temperament, hes got a good defence he plays the ball well and plays it late.But I think hopefully youll also be able to see the other part of him because Ive seen him take down some attacks. Ive seen him come up against a few spinners and really heave them for some big sixes and really change gears. Hes 20 years old, playing Test cricket for Australia. I think hes doing great for a 20-year-old. Id think he was doing great even he was 25 years old. Hes doing pretty well.Added to the way Australia batted was the teams best fielding display for some time. In this, Smith singled out another debutant in Peter Handscomb for snaffling Faf du Plessis in the gully on the third evening. I felt a bit of a switch straight away in energy and presence around the group in our first training session out here at Adelaide Oval, Smith said.Everything felt like it was running smoothly and when we got our chance to get out into the field we had good energy and presence about ourselves. That helps in the field as well, we were able to take some pretty good catches in this Test match, a part of our game that has probably been a bit disappointing for a while now.It works hand in hand, when you have that sort of presence and energy youre able to take chances like the one Petey took to open the game up. Its been great to have these guys come in, create that energy and have that hunger and character about them to want to win and fight.Looking at the wider picture, Smith was understandably delighted to have snapped a five-match losing run ahead of the next home series against Pakistan. After two weeks of fire and brimstone, there are now some green shoots of new growth to be optimistic about.Im very happy, its much better to be on this side of the fence, he said. A little bit bittersweet, it was a disappointing series, we were outplayed in the first two Test matches by South Africa, but Im really proud of the way that the team came back in this game. There were some new players who came in, they stood up and we showed some fight and character. Thats what I want us to do and Im really proud of the way we stood up.I think we can grow from what weve done in this Test match. Its been a great start for a young group that have come together so were going to have to continue to work hard as a group to get to where we want to. Obviously they [Pakistan] are going to be another tough opposition. I think they have been playing some very good cricket. Theyve got some quality players so were going to have to be at our best if we want to get on top of them this summer as well. Swell Marble Bottle Australia . Tracey comes to the Blue Bombers after spending over a decade with Queens University. Most recently he was the schools assistant football coach. Swell Bottle Sale Australia . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. http://www.swellbottleaustralia.com/ . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Australians Cameron Smith and Ashley Hall lost a playoff Sunday at the Emirates Australian Open, but the pair -- along with fellow Aussie Aaron Baddeley -- still punched their tickets to The Open in July.All three earned their places at Royal Birkdale via The Open Qualifying Series, which has 44 spots up for grabs in the months leading up to the years third major. The next two entries will be available at the SMBC Singapore Open, which will be played at Sentosa Golf Club from Jan. 19-22.Smith, 23, has never played in The Open, which will be contested July 19-23. He has teed it up in four majors, with a T-4 at the 2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay being his best finish.Hall, 33, qualified foor his second Open and just his second major championship, the first coming in 2012 at Royal Lytham & St Annes. Swell Bottle Brush Australia. .Baddeley, the 35-year-old four-time winner on the PGA Tour, claimed his spot in the 146th Open Championship by virtue of a higher world ranking (149th) than those players he finished tied for fourth with at the Australian Open. Ryan Fox (158th), Rod Pampling (166th), Geoff Ogilvy (232nd) and Jason Scrivener (322nd) all would have made the field at Royal Birkdale had their world rankings been the highest among the group that finished T-4. ' ' '