Vince Biegel Jersey | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
hongwei28 Mai 21 '19

The Green Bay Packers have more cap space than an earlier report suggested."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections The APC PodcastPackers Film RoomFantasy Football AdviceCDTShareTweetShareSharePackers have $13 million in salary cap space Vince Biegel Jersey , not $5 million as previously reportedMark Hoffman-USA TODAY SportsUpdate: Since initial publishing of this article, Tom Silverstein has reported that the Packers actually have around $13 million in salary cap space at present, not the $5 million he reported on Monday. The discrepancy appears to be due to the team accounting for their draft class and a small amount of cushion for the regular season.A working theory about this confusion is as follows: The Packers may be telling agents of players that they have less that $5 million in salary cap space to work with. This would make sense given the previously-expected numbers. If the team has $13 million in cap space as of today, needs to reserve about $5 million to sign draft picks, and wants to reserve $3 million for the regular season, that would leave them with about $5 million in cap money that they feel is usable to sign players before the draft. If the team told this number to an agent, that person could have mentioned it to Silverstein and one of the two parties may have misinterpreted it as the actual current cap space rather than how much the team is willing to work with.This is just a theory about the genesis of this report, however. See the full article about the original report below.The Green Bay Packers like to go into the regular season with a handful of salary cap space in order to maintain some flexibility for the season. Typically something around $8 million is in place to cover any unexpected transactions, cover players who go on injured reserve http://www.packerslockerroom.com/authentic-paul-hornung-jersey , or land the occasional in-season contract extension.However, that might prove a bit more difficult this season than first imagined. Sites that tracked NFL teams’ salary cap space believed the Packers to have had about $35 million in cap space prior to signing their four big-name free agents and releasing outside linebacker Nick Perry. Following those transactions and the signings of wide receiver Geronimo Allison and tight end Marcedes Lewis, Over the Cap had the Packers estimated with about $13.5 million in cap space. With about $4.7 million going to sign this year’s draft class (remember that the Top 51 rule still applies during the offseason), the Packers seemed to be right in line with their normal constraints.However, there is apparently some faulty math somewhere. According to Tom Silverstein of Packersnews.com, some previous cap charges were not calculated, and have been added to the team’s cap number for 2019:If this was an unexpected circumstance for the team, there will be some serious explaining to do regarding Russ Ball’s handling of the cap. Alternately, if the NFL identified this now and sprung it on the team well into the free agency period Womens Dave Robinson Jersey , that would be an unlucky, arguably unfair result.However, it is also possible that the Packers were aware of this situation, and that they knew just how close they were to the cap without tipping their hand to the media, who had the numbers wrong. That situation may explain why the Packers chose to backload so much money in the four new players’ deals onto future years, as well as why the team seemingly did not pursue cornerback Bashaud Breeland more seriously.Until we know more or see the Packers release a player to make some more cap space, Packers fans should assume that their team is done in free agency for the time being. Randall Cobb was back on the practice field Thursday, but admitted his absence was “scary” because he couldn’t remember the details of why he was out nearly two weeks.The Packers wide receiver suffered a concussion on Dec. 16 against the Bears, and he said the aftermath of the injury frightened him.鈥淚 don鈥檛 remember anything until I got back to the locker room http://www.packerslockerroom.com/authentic-jason-spriggs-jersey , so there鈥檚 like a 10-minute span where I had amnesia,鈥?Cobb said, via聽Jim Owczarski of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. 鈥淵eah, it鈥檚 pretty scary. Have you ever had a time period where you just don鈥檛 remember anything? It鈥檚 pretty scary.鈥滳obb said he wouldn’t dwell on the injury, having gone through other traumatic problems in the past.鈥淚鈥檝e had a punctured lung. I鈥檝e had a broken leg. I came back and played and not thought about those things,鈥?he said. 鈥淚 would consider this to be another thing that whenever I take the field, I鈥檓 worried about that moment. I鈥檓 not worried about what鈥檚 happened in the past. Which is hard to do. That鈥檚 why we鈥檙e the men in the arena. That鈥檚 one of my favorite quotes; LeBron [James] always talks about that quote a lot. There鈥檚 a reason we do what we do and other people don鈥檛, because we鈥檙e able to overcome those thoughts.鈥漌hat’s less certain than his resolve is his future. Cobb’s an unrestricted free agent this offseason, and his injuries and reduced productivity don’t bode well for the Packers investing in him again.鈥淚 feel like I can still play Womens Jimmy Graham Jersey ,鈥?he said. 鈥淚 watch film of when I have played and been healthy and seen myself move, I feel like I can play. Obviously, I鈥檝e had a few injuries here and there. It鈥檚 unfortunate but that鈥檚 the reality of it. It鈥檚 a bigger scope than me when you talk about this locker room, this organization, this league. It鈥檚 moves that are made for different reasons and that鈥檚 beyond me. I鈥檝e got to control the part that I can.鈥滳obb caught nine passes for 142 yards in the opener, but has just 28 catches for 214 yards since then, as injuries and the Packers’ general malaise hit.