or the Tokyo Olympics in 2020.Who knows, thats so | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Mai 22 '19
ANDERSON, Ind. Cheap Nike Free Shoes Wholesale . -- Andrew Luck arrived at training camp Tuesday with a healthy body, a new contract and a different perspective.The Indianapolis Colts are betting it will make him a better quarterback.Less than a month after signing their best player to a six-year, $140 million contract, Luck and his teammates showed up at Anderson University on a mission to prove last seasons 8-8 finish was an aberration.Maybe theres a little more motivation, not just because Im coming off the injury but because of not really playing as well as youd like, Luck said.For Luck, things couldnt have gone much worse last season. One of the leagues bright, young stars missed nine games with an assortment of injuries including a lacerated kidney that forced him to watch the final seven games from the sideline as Indys fading playoff hopes vanished.When Luck did play, he wasnt himself. While the backups were a solid 6-3, Luck went a dismal 2-5 as a starter and finished with the lowest completion percentage since his rookie season. His 12 interceptions had him on pace to shatter his previous career high (18) from 2012. After the season, everyone had a suggestion -- throw shorter passes, throw it away, embrace using the sideline or a baseball slide to protect himself.But part of what makes Luck good is his ability to turn nothing into something, a trait the Colts dont want to reel in. So theyve worked with Luck on making better decisions.Luck, meanwhile, spent the offseason getting healthy, re-evaluating his game and his offseason routine, and figuring out how to correct the flaws opponents exposed last season.Ive never seen him more motivated to have a great season in terms of taking care of himself and just working out, team owner Jim Irsay said last month, after announcing Lucks new deal. If you can talk about redoubling your efforts, that fire is in his eye in a special way.Others see the evolution, too.During a June mini-camp practice at Lucas Oil Stadium, fans roared when Luck slid to a stop during a non-contact drill.Coach Chuck Pagano believes Luck has regained the confidence in his right arm, which also was hurt last season, and in the new offense installed by coordinator Rob Chudzinski. Luck is playing in his third offensive system in five years.On Tuesday, Luck proclaimed himself 100 percent healthy -- a change from April when he said he was still working toward that goal.Teammates sense Luck is becoming a louder voice in the meeting room and the huddle.He has been more vocal, left tackle Anthony Castonzo said. In the past, hes always kind of been `OK, heres what we need you to do. Now, its more like, `This is where you need to be.Fans will get a glimpse into the new-look Luck when the Colts open practice Wednesday.Plenty has changed since Indy last took the field at Anderson University, a Division III school located about 30 miles northeast of the team complex.Offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton was fired and replaced by Chudzinski. Backup quarterback Matt Hasselbeck retired. Two of Lucks college teammates, Coby Fleener and Griff Whalen, both left the Colts in free agency. Starting center Khaled Holmes was released in May and quarterbacks coach Clyde Christensen left town for a new job, too.And Luck enters this season as the highest-paid player in league history.To protect that investment, general manager Ryan Grigson used his first-round draft pick on center Ryan Kelly added spent three of his next seven selections on offensive linemen, too.He really didnt have a choice. Luck has taken more hits (375) than any other quarterback since entering the league in 2012.Grigson is hoping Kelly will stabilize the middle of the line as Luck and his new center develop the kind of bond Jeff Saturday and Peyton Manning had previously.But for Luck, this season is about a lot more than putting up better numbers. Luck wants to demonstrate how much hes grown since his last game, a 27-24 victory over eventual Super Bowl champion Denver on Nov 8.His first chance comes in the preseason on Aug. 7 against Green Bay in the annual Hall of Fame game.Ive always had high expectations and probably higher than others, Luck said. Im the first to say that I do not pay attention to outsiders as far as expectations. Internally, the expectations have been the same since Ive been here.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Wholesale Nike Free Shoes Free Shipping . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. Wholesale Nike Free Shoes China . LOUIS -- The New Orleans Saints looked like a team playing out the string. http://www.nikefreecheap.com/ . -- In one brief spurt, Brazil turned a close game into a rout and proved again it will be a strong World Cup favourite. NEW YORK -- Australian star Penny Taylor is calling it a career.The 35-year-old told The Associated Press that she would retire from playing basketball at the end of the WNBA season. She helped lead the Phoenix Mercury to three WNBA titles and guided Australia to a world championship in 2006.My focus is on the Olympics, but definitely its my last year, Taylor said. Worked really hard to get back and still be good. I want to go out on a good note. My health is something I really had to work hard at, and to be fit and stay out on the floor, Ive done that really well. For me, its the right time.Taylor was able to avoid injuries early in a playing career that started when she was 15. Lately, her body has been breaking down a bit, starting with a torn ACL that forced her to miss the 2012 Olympics and 15 months of playing time. This season shes been dealing with hip issues that caused her to miss the final few games of the WNBA season before the Olympic break.There is a time when you have to retire. I want to retire when Im still good, she said Friday night. I nearly had it all taken away from me. I want to make that decision and still want to be wanted. I still feel like Im still contributing out there.The one thing missing from Taylors impressive basketball resume is an Olympic gold medal. She was the MVP of the 2006 world championship in Brazil.When you talk about the Mount Rushmore of basketball, if you had one for the world, shed probably be the first person on there, Mercury teammate Diana Taurasi said. Shes just done so much for Australian basketball, leading them to a world championship, putting them in a position every year to win a medal. She holds that close to her heart.Taurasi also was quick to point out that Taylor was a trailblazer for other Australians to be able to play in Europe and make a living. Taylor played in Turkey and Russia.She opened so many doors for everyone in that country to go to Europe, Taurasi said. She made it OK to leave Australiia when no one left to play overseas. Cheap Nike Free Shoes Free Shipping. What she did in the WNBA, if theres a five you pick to go win a game, theres no one I pick over Penny.Taylor was selected 11th in the 2001 WNBA draft by the Cleveland Rockers. When that team folded in 2003, she was picked up by the Mercury and helped them win titles in 2007, 2009 and 2014.Were the last two from our class, said Tamika Catchings of the Indiana Fever, who was drafted third in 2001 and also will retire at the end of this season. Weve had some really good battles. When I think of Penny, I think of Game 5 of the 2009 WNBA championship, how clutch she was.Taylor has averaged 13.3 points in her 13-year WNBA career.Penny is one of those players that at times gets overlooked, Sue Bird of the Seattle Storm said. It might be the whole Australian playing in the WNBA at times. I dont know why she wasnt in the top 20. Look at Pennys career and I think its a no-brainer for her to be on that team. What makes her game so difficult is her ability to score and put pressure on your defense at all times.Taylor helped Australia win silver medals in the 2004 and 2008 Olympics and would love to see that stage of her career end with a gold in Rio. She hopes to enter the coaching ranks after the WNBA season ends.Ive gotten to the point where Im seeing it more as a coach these days, Taylor said. Its the natural progression over the last few years anyway. Playing for Sandy (Brondello), I really admire her and the way she sees the game. Id like to continue learning from her.Taylor smiled when asked if she would like to be on the sideline for Australia at the 2018 world championship in Spain or the Tokyo Olympics in 2020.Who knows, thats so far away, she said. Id like to coach. I enjoy it. I love the game, love seeing it played well.---Follow Doug on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/dougfeinberg ' ' '