against the Knicks last season.Anthony is av | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 23 '19
MILWAUKEE -- There are a lot of reasons the Chicago Cubs are making a laughing stock of the National League Playoff race, but their bench corps might be the teams most overlooked component. Cheap Air Jordan 1 Canada .Monday, it was a pair of reserves -- Chris Coghlan and Miguel Montero -- who led the way, combining for four hits, three RBI and a pair of runs as Chicago rallied late for a 7-1 victory at Milwaukee.Were so deep, said Coghlan, who went 2-for-2 and drove in three after entering the game as a pinch-hitter in the seventh. (Manager) Joe (Maddon) picks his spots, gives guys breathers and the guys on the bench can be playing every day for different teams.Coghlan was dealt to Oakland in February but returned though a June trade and is hitting .231 in 65 at-bats. Montero began the season as Chicagos starting catcher but lost that job in August after prospect Wilson Contreras was summoned from Triple-A.I give them a lot of credit, because it would be easy to turn the dimmer switch down a bit, and they have not, Maddon said. Theyve gone the other way.Chicago will try to take another step toward locking down a postseason berth Tuesday when Jason Hammel takes the mound against the Brewers at Miller Park.Hammel snapped a two-game losing streak with his last outing, giving up just a run on three hits with three walks and six strikeouts over six innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates.He was really good, Maddon said. His stuff was very good.Hammel has thrived against the Brewers. In 14 career starts, hes 10-1 against them with a 2.50 ERA , and is 1-1 this season after tossing seven scoreless innings on Aug. 16 at Wrigley Field.Milwaukee, which had won four in a row before dropping the series opener, looks to get back to its winning ways behind right-hander Wily Peralta.Peralta had the worst ERA (6.68) among qualifiers when he was demoted to Triple-A Colorado Springs in June but since returning in early August, he has a 3.00 ERA over his last five starts and is starting to look much more like the pitcher Milwaukee had in mind when Peralta was named the teams opening day starter.Peralta took the no-decision his last time out but pitched well, holding the St. Louis Cardinals to just a run on three hits with 10 strikeouts over a season-best seven innings in a 2-1 loss at Miller Park.That was his best start of the year, for sure, Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. The slider and the fastball were both equally good. The fastball was down and heavy, the slider was certainly swing-and-miss tonight. He pitched very, very well. Hes really strung together a bunch of good starts since hes been back. Hes pitched well since hes been back, hes pitched very well.The Cubs, though, have been a bit of a nemesis for him. Peraltas faced Chicago 11 times over his career, going 3-7 with a 4.09 ERA. He has yet to face the Cubs this season. Cheap Air Jordan 1 Canada Sale . Dallas hasnt ruled out the star quarterback for Sunday nights game against Philadelphia, but all signs point to Romos back injury pushing Kyle Orton into the starting role after two years of limited play as the backup. Surely Ortons name isnt the first that comes to mind for fans wanting a change after years of damaging interceptions, fumbles or, most infamously, the field goal flub when Romo dropped the snap on a kick that could have won his first playoff game in 2006. Wholesale Air Jordan 1 Canada . Each of Houstons starters scored in double figures as the Rockets improved to 2-0 against the Spurs this season, with both victories coming on the road. They also moved within 3 1/2 games of San Antonio (22-7) for the lead the Southwest Division. http://www.airjordan1canada.com/ . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. NEW YORK -- Relying on a last-second shot to get a win on the first night of a back-to-back is not necessarily the preference for the Indiana Pacers.It still beats the alternative and now the Pacers will try to complete the back-to-back sweep Tuesday night when they visit the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden.Indiana (15-14) is playing its 10th game in the last 15 days. The Pacers have won five of those games and four of their last six overall.On Monday, Indiana needed Thaddeus Youngs short jumper with 0.9 of a second remaining to get a 107-105 victory over the Washington Wizards. Youngs dramatic game-winner occurred after the Pacers held an eight-point lead with 4:05 remaining.We would have liked to come out and played a lot better, especially knowing we have a back-to-back on the road against a tough New York team, Indiana forward Paul George said. We would have like to take care of business, freshen our legs, but we got the win.George scored 27 points Monday and has reached 20 points in eight of his last 10 games while emerging into more of a leadership role.Its been different for me, he told NBA.com. Ive been used to having (more established teammates). They always had a level of play theyve always been at, so it was easy to feed off them.Now guys are feeding off me. I have to be the first one to step forth on that.George is averaging 21.8 points, slightly below last seasons career-best 23.8 average.The Pacers are 1-5 on the second night of back-to-backs and face a team they have won seven straight against.New York (14-13) returns home following a disappointing 2/3 Western Conference road trip. The trip began with wins over the Sacramento Kings and Los Angeles but ended with a 1227-114 loss to the Denver Nuggets on Saturday. Air Jordan 1 Cheap Sale. Carmelo Anthony returned from resting his shoulder Thursday and scored 29 points while Brandon Jennings added 14 in place of Derrick Rose. Jennings has scored 53 points in four starts for Rose, who is expected to return from back spasms.Rose scored 25 points on 12-of-16 shooting in New Yorks win over the Lakers and exited after playing 10 minutes last Tuesday in Phoenix.Thats the plan, Rose told reporters after Mondays practice. I just want to put all these injuries behind me and get on with the season.I think its just a one-shot thing. Before I fell I wasnt worried about it. Things like this are going to happen. It comes with the season -- bumps and falls. I just got to find a way around it. I cant let it get to me mentally.Rose has been a catalyst for the Knicks with his ability to burst through the lane and facilitate. His absence has been clearly felt. The Knicks have lost three straight and have gone 1/3 in games Rose has missed.Rose is averaging 16.4 points on 45.6 percent shooting, four rebounds and 4.4 assists per game. It is his highest shooting percentage since he shot 48.9 percent in 78 games for the Chicago Bulls in 2009-10.Indianas last loss to New York was March 19, 2014. In the only meeting in New York last season on April 3, George scored 20 points in a 92-87 victory and averaged 22 points against the Knicks last season.Anthony is averaging 25 points and 6.7 rebounds in 30 games against the Pacers. He shot 5 of 20 in the first meeting and did not play in the other two meetings last season. ' ' '