wn. Theres pretty much sports every day. But Im used to it | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mai 25 '19
Marcus Buckland, Barry Cowan, Annabel Croft, Peter Fleming, Barry Millns, Mark Petchey, Greg Rusedski and Leif Shiras give their final verdict on a drama-filled ATP World Tour Finals which saw world No 1 Andy Murray crowned the best player on the planet. Kyrie Irving Shoes Clearance . Murray produced an imperious display to defeat Novak Djokovic 6-3 6-4 and win the season-ending extravaganza at Londons O2 Arena on Sunday.The 29-year-olds first Tour Finals title came with the hugely significant bonus of ensuring that he remained above Djokovic in the year-end rankings and can finally claim he is the best player on the planet. Murray wins World Tour Finals Andy Murray defeated Novak Djokovic to win the ATP World Tour Finals for the first time So what do the Sky Sports Tennis team make of Murrays marvellous achievement? We asked each of the experts to sum up Sundays historic final and pick out one memorable moment from whats been a blockbuster week of action in the capital.Marcus BucklandThe final verdictUnbelievable, unpredictable, extraordinary. Im going to run out of adjectives and superlatives, but not what many people expected. Incredible nonetheless. Murray milestones Andy Murrays greatest moments revisited after winning ATP World Tour Finals Marcus memorable momentIf I had to pick one moment - aside from getting into the ice bath with Annabel - its actually that extraordinary point that Andy played at 3-1 in the second set tie-break against Milos Raonic. That unbelievable little dink between his legs that kept him going ultimately to an amazing victory there, and to the glory that followed just 24 hours later. Marcus Buckland and Annabel Croft take a refreshing ice bath! Barry CowanThe final verdictIts ended in a remarkable year. I think its a fantastic advert for the sport that weve had two great champions battle it out. Its always great to be part of history and Andys run was fitting it ended like that for him. An extraordinary effort Andy Murray outclassed and outfought rival Novak Djokovic, says Barry Cowan Barrys memorable momentI think the end. The last game reminded me so much of the Wimbledon final. When clearly he was still nervous, he was still able to hold his nerve, and thats the sign of a champion. Murray pulled off this wonderful half volley during the second set tie-break against Raonic Annabel CroftThe final verdictIt feels as if weve witnessed a really, really special occasion. I dont think anybody could believe that Andy Murray could dig into some reserves that we didnt think would be there after the tennis that hes had to come through in the course of the week. He said himself that when he woke up he felt pretty terrible and he didnt know how he was going to be able to play the way he did. Andy was rock solid, he served well, and I just think it topped off what has been a special year. Everyone feels that he is the true world No 1. Annabels memorable momentThat tie-break against Milos Raonic in the third set. I was courtside and it was unbelievable tension and nerves, passion, drama. It was an extraordinary match that will live long in the memory. Im never going to forget that match and I cannot believe he was able to bounce back the next day, after three hours and 38 minutes, and be able to beat the former dominant world No 1. But he really, really deserves it. Hes in such a great place and has become the most overwhelmingly popular champion. Highlights of the epic semi-final match between Murray and Raonic Peter FlemingThe final verdictTwo weeks ago, when Murray won Paris and we thought it could possibly come down to the two best players playing in the final here for the world No 1, it was a great prospect and the final was even more exciting than we could have hoped for. What Murray showed there was a great illustration of the human spirit. And he showed his fighting spirit, making a mockery of the physical travails hes had this week. He was fantastic. Highlights of the final between Murray and Djokovic at Londons O2 Flemings memorable momentIt was the entire final, from start to finish. Murray was resolute, he was aggressive, he just kept going putting fatigue out of his mind, and at the very end, until the very last point, you had no idea - or certainly I wasnt confident - he was actually going to win, but he kept the pressure on to finish the job. Heres Murrays superb angled cross-court backhand winner which was a contender for shot of the tournament Barry MillnsThe final verdictThis was the dream final, but did we dream that this would ever happen? A first British finalist in these championships and to play in the way he did as the world No 1, like the world No 1, he quite rightly goes into 2017 as the world No 1. It was brilliant. Murray: I still need to improve Andy Murray needs to improve to fend off Novak Djokovic in 2017 Millns memorable momentThe first moment I thought that he was fine was against Stan Wawrinka, when he came out and attacked him when he was being attacked, and for me that was the aggression we needed from Murray. From that moment, I thought he was on his way. You cannot underline how great an achievement this is. He should be so proud of what hes done. Highlights of Murrays emphatic win over US Open champion Wawrinka Mark PetcheyThe final verdictI was super impressed with the way Andy was able to handle himself out there. There was no room for any kind of errors and he almost had to do it in two sets, just because of what happened the day before. He changed his game, way more aggressive, served huge. It validates all the hard work Andy does in Miami, which was probably the main reason, and his incredible work ethic, why he won.  Mark Petchey says now Andy Murray has become world No 1, he is Britains greatest ever sports athlete Petchs memorable momentThe tie-breaker against Milos in the third. It was just ridiculous drama given what was on the line knowing that if he lost the match he was going to lose his chance to be year-end No 1. Just that whole 25 minutes or whatever it was. From serving for it from 5-4 to having match point twice and then being match point down - that period there was just like a tennis story between two great players, everything mattered. Thats why I watch the sport; thats why I love it. Murray converted on his fourth match point against Raonic during a thrilling tie-break to finally come through Greg RusedskiThe final verdictSuperhuman performance from Andy Murray. I mean, incredible. Most of the pundits thought Djokovic was going to win and I thought Djokovic was going to win because I didnt think Murray was going to recover. He stayed calm, he was aggressive, he did everything right and the belief is immense. For me, personally, this is his greatest performance. Might not have been the greatest tennis, but to end the season No 1 is phenomenal. Probably our greatest sportsman in my lifetime here in Britain. VOTE: Greatest British sportsperson VOTE: Who is Britains greatest sportsperson currently competing Gregs memorable momentId say that last game. Djokovic has to save two match points, gets to deuce, and then Ivan Lendl puts his finger to his mouth and says keep it quiet there Andy. He keeps it quiet, finishes it off and ends the season world No 1. The mental strength, the physical work - I mean, you just dont realise what hes accomplished: 24 matches in a row, five tournaments and beating the second best player on the planet. Weve never seen this in tennis before, so history is made and history is made by Murray. Heres the moment Murray won the season-ending finale for the first time Leif ShirasThe final verdictI thought it was an amazing performance from Murray. Every time, he was able to call on that resource of energy, to call on that adrenaline, to do what he can do best, and that was to put balls in play, to work the points, and Novak just didnt have any answers. Murray just locked it in tight, refused to give any errors and then was aggressive on the forehand, which was the game plan that coach Ivan Lendl wanted to instill in him. Murray spoke to Marcus Buckland, Annabel Croft and Greg Rusedski after beating Djokovic Leifs memorable momentI hate to think there was anything better than match point taken by Murray. The atmosphere in this building was absolutely electric. Ive been to a lot of great moments, at Arthur Ashe Stadium at the US Open, and Wimbledon had some great moments, but this was pretty special. To see Andy and this crowd come together was pretty special. Reaction from both players as Murray was crowned year-end No 1 and World Tour champion Well be back in 2017, but in the meantime you can follow us skysports.com/tennis, or our app for mobile devices and iPad and our Twitter account @skysportstennis.By purchasing a Sky Sports Day Pass for £6.99 or Sky Sports Week Pass for £10.99, you can enjoy access to all seven Sky Sports channels and watch on a TV with a NOW TV Box or on a range of devices. Also See: Murray wins World Tour Finals Murray: I still need to improve An extraordinary effort Murray milestones Cheap Nike Kd 9 Mens . Coach Tom Thibodeau says the former MVP will probably start travelling with the team in the next few weeks. Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. Kyrie Irving Shoes Cheap .com) - Manchester City midfielder David Silva is expected to miss the next four weeks because of a calf problem. http:///...arance-for-sale.html . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. Adrienne Roberson started out as a theater major at the University of Tennessee but quickly switched to broadcasting when she realized she could combine two passions: sports and speaking into a microphone.She loved listening to Casey Kasem and Dick Clark on the radio, and she grew up in Philadelphia, going to Eagles and Phillies games with her dad. Once she got to Tennessee, she realized its like you eat and breathe football.Since then, Roberson, 41, has worked in radio across the U.S. as a disc jockey, sports and traffic reporter and sports board operator for SiriusXM. But her big break came in college when she got the job as public address announcer for the Knoxville Smokies minor league baseball team for two seasons. Shes done PA work for a number of college and pro sports teams -- true labors of love -- and has been the voice of the Bowie Baysox, the Baltimore Orioles Double-A affiliate just minutes from her home in Odenton, Maryland, since 2005. By her count, shes one of only three women doing the job in organized baseball.She reached the majors in 2012 when she worked the mic for an Orioles game at Camden Yards on Mothers Day. She has done eight other Os games since and was one of seven finalists (out of 672 applicants) for the teams regular gig.Roberson juggles a hectic schedule working for the Baysox and Sirius, doing PA work for Georgetown University and several other teams, and raising two teenagers with her husband, a U.S. Navy officer. Recently she talked about her baseball career -- and why its always important to get your foot in the door.Put down that beer!When I applied to the Smokies, I got a job as a box-seat hostess, which is basically when you bring the beer to the people sitting in the lower section. I wanted the job to announce, but that wasnt open. So I got my foot in the door.The announcer was a TV on-air guy, and he got called away to do a big story one day, and I put the beer down, as a hostess, and walked up to the press box. They literally had me put the beer down on the ground and I went up and announced the game. I was there, and they knew I wanted that job. Then the guy started doing more stuff and I got the job. So in 1996 and 97, I was the full-time announcer.Everything has always been about being in the right place at the right time. Even if you have the talent, it doesnt matter. Youve got to pay your dues, youve got to learn from the bottom up and at least get in the door and work for what you want to do.Voice of the BaysoxIn 2004, we moved here from Pennsylvania and while looking for homes, I saw the Bowie Baysox stadium. We live about 15 minutes from there so I put in an application to be an announcer. They didnt have an announcing position open so I was actually a camera operator in 2004. I maybe did about 30 games that year, you know, following the flight of the ball or fan action, that kind of stuff. Again, the announcer couldnt make it one day, and I filled in beccause again they knew thats what I wanted. Nike Kd 11 Shoes Clearance. When he decided to change jobs, they offered it to me.Her styleI play it pretty straight. I do weave in a lot of enthusiasm. I definitely embellish sometimes. Any players names that end in O, I like to give that much more. Like, Now batting, Manny Machadooooooo!When players come up to bat, theyve got so much on their mind. Sometimes theyre listening and sometimes theyre not, but they need to hear their music to kind of get in their zone and kind of tune out all thats going on around them. I just try to give them that little bit of extra energy and just bring enthusiasm to the game. Its not just reading a name on a piece of paper. Youre a big element of the game.Tongue twistersWhen I first get to the park, I sit down with the radio guy from the other team and we run through the rosters for any weird pronunciations or names you think you know how its going to sound, but its completely different. I write them phonetically real big on a piece of paper so when that name comes up, I have it. Theres been some difficult names. Two names I remember that were hard were Eulogio de la Cruz -- pronounced a-oo-low-Hee-E-oh -- and Ambiorix Concepcion.Critics?For the most part Ive had really positive reaction. You do have some people that would prefer a mans voice. Youd have that anywhere. You have people that dont like you. So I know theres people out there, but I havent had anybody say it to my face. I have seen it on Twitter.Showing up to The ShowIts been incredible, just an absolute dream come true to work Orioles games. Its like the Baysox but on a grander scale. Instead of 7,000 people, youre talking closer to 40,000, but its a whole different world. Youre still in front of the mic, youre still doing the game, but the crowd energy, the enthusiasm. Thousands of people are echoing what you say.Wow factor at Camden YardsId say from the second inning on, I enjoy every moment, just looking around at this gorgeous field, and the city itself and the game. But that first little bit ... every time I go theres still that wow moment.This is work?Its a job but it doesnt feel like a job. I never get bored. I get excited every time I go. Its my passion. I get to watch a game and announce and every day is something new. Its never seeing the same game again and again. Every day, something amazing happens. The people I work with, we all like working together. When the seasons over, its sad.Always busyIts a good thing I really like what I do and it doesnt feel like a job, but at the same time, you work all the holidays, either with the Baysox or Sirius or Georgetown. Theres pretty much sports every day. But Im used to it. And just getting to be outside, enjoying the game is fun. Youre not in an office behind a desk all day. Youre a part of the game. ' ' '