rt Youth Jersey. Carty missed the conversion.Matters did not get much better for Scarlets when Patchell kicked his | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
x123 Jul 16 '19
EAST RUTHERFORD, N. Ron Jaworski Eagles Jersey .J. -- Mathias Kiwanuka is going back to being a defensive end for the New York Giants -- and as a starter. Kiwanuka was thrust into the role earlier this week when Jason Pierre-Paul had surgery to repair a herniated disc in his lower back. "Theres no doubt in my mind," Kiwanuka said, when asked whether he was confident he would be able to step in for the Giants most dominant player on defence. "Thats the position I came into this league playing and Im looking forward to the opportunity. Obviously wed love to have him back and Im sure hell be back ready to go at a certain point. "Were not gonna rush him back for any reason." The Giants dont expect Pierre-Paul back until late in training camp. Coach Tom Coughlin hopes to have him for Week 1, although that might be pushing it. Until JPP is ready, though, Kiwanuka isnt a bad option. Starting isnt anything new for him. The question for the former Boston College star and 2006 first-round pick has always been where he would play. He has 62 career starts -- 31 as a defensive end and 31 as a linebacker. There is no doubt Kiwanuka is a better defensive end, but the Giants have had a plethora of ends with Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Justin Tuck and Pierre-Paul through the years. As a result, Kiwanuka took one for the team and used his versatility to play linebacker, so the team would have its best players on the field. When Umenyiora signed with Atlanta as a free agent in the off-season, defensive co-ordinator Perry Fewell and Coughlin decided to move the 30-year-old Kiwanuka back to end on a full-time basis. Fellow starting defensive end Justin Tuck knows Kiwanuka is looking forward to having his hand back in the dirt. "I think hes going to be kind of like a sleeper at the beginning of the year because a lot of people tend to forget that hes a pretty good defensive end," Tuck said. "Im obviously excited to have him back in that room and I know hes pretty excited about it." Defensive line coach Robert Nunn said that while the loss of Umenyiora was part of the reason for switching Kiwanuka, he also said the constant switching from linebacker to end frequently left "Kiwi" a little uncomfortable on the field. He finished last season with just 37 tackles, three sacks, nine quarterback hits and eight hurries. "Its been a long road for me. Ive been starting at multiple positions," said Kiwanuka, who missed most of the 2010 season with a neck injury. "Ive been up and down and back and forth. Moving around and changing . thats not the big deal to me. The big deal for me is going out there and making sure that I do my job correctly and when I get the opportunity, I make the best of it." With Kiwanuka in the starting lineup, the Giants are going to need some of their younger linemen to step up. Third-year pro Adrian Tracy has improved and the Giants are very high on Damontre Moore, the third-round draft pick out of Texas A&M. "We have plenty of talented guys. Lets step up and go," Coughlin said. "There are more opportunities for younger guys. We need them. There it is, you can see it. Competition is looking right at you. You dont even have to go any further than the first game. So that is the way I would look at it -- opportunity." There has to be some concern about Pierre-Paul, who wasnt as dominant as he had been in 2011 when he had 16 1/2 sacks. Opponents double-and-triple teamed him more and it cut his sack total to 6 1/2. The 24-year-old also had 87 tackles, an interception, seven passes defended, a forced fumble, 17 quarterback hits, 23 hurries and 14 tackles for losses in his so-called off season. Safety Antrel Rolle said teammates knew Pierre-Paul was playing hurt. He also wasnt surprised by the surgery, which was done after non-surgical therapy failed. "I knew he was dealing with this for quite a period of time," Rolle said. "But JPP is a fighter so he wanted to be out there with his guys and fight through pain. But its better to be smart in this game, instead of letting it linger." ---- NOTES: Coughlin still doesnt know why WR Hakeem Nicks is skipping the voluntary OTAs. The two have not talked. ... The Giants have a mandatory three-day minicamp next week. .... CB Terrell Thomas, who tore his ACL for the second straight season, is going to be used as a combination nickel back and safety this season. Wilbert Montgomery Womens Jersey . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday. JJ Arcega-Whiteside Jersey . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net. http:///...horson-black-jersey/ . -- Adam Snyder returned to the San Francisco 49ers this season because the offensive lineman thought it was his best opportunity to win a championship. Two tries from Liam Williams helped Scarlets register their first Guinness PRO12 win of the season after they overcame Connacht 17-8 in a low quality basement battle at Parc y Scarlets.Scarlets came back from 8-7 down at the break to control the second half and leave the defending champions still looking for their first league point of this campaign.Williams went over either side of half-time with both tries converted by outside-half Rhys Patchell, who added a drop goal. Connachts try came from wing Niyi Adeolokun with Jack Carty kicking a penalty.This was a bottom of the table clash with Scarlets having lost their opening three games of the season and defending champions Connacht having suffered heavy home defeats against Glasgow and Ospreys.Aaron Shingler returned at blindside flanker with Aled Davies coming in at scrum-half to replace Gareth Davies, who had a virus.Connacht made seven changes from the team that played in the Zebre game which got abandoned because of torrential rain. And the inclement weather in Llanelli did not help two sides low on confidence.?Connacht just about edged a mistake-ridden first half with Scarlets cause not helped by Aled Thomas wayward kicking, the full-back missing three penalties inside the first 20 minutes.Those missees proved crucial as centre Bundee Aki broke into Scarlets 22 and when the ball was moved right, Adeolokun went over in the corner. Dallas Goedert Youth Jersey. Carty missed the conversion.Matters did not get much better for Scarlets when Patchell kicked his penalty attempt to the corner into the dead ball area. But Carty missed a penalty attempt at the other end before Scarlets broke their duck to go into the lead briefly when wing Williams ran in to finish off a move begun by a Shingler break, with Patchell converting.Their 7-5 lead only lasted three minutes before Carty kicked a final minute penalty after skipper Ken Owens had disrupted a Connacht maul illegally.In the second half wing Steff Evans went closest to scoring a try but with Scarlets still trailing the Welsh region brought on Scott Williams in a reorganised backline.Scarlets began to play on the front foot with scrum-half Aled Davies and Owens combining well before Williams went over in the left corner.The conversion was put over from the touchline by Patchell, who also kicked a 71st minute drop-goal to put his side nine points ahead to make sure they walked away with the points. ' ' '