u, Trevor Smith, Austin Watson and Harry Zolnierczyk.Game notes Nashvilles Yannick Weber and Saros each earned | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
x123 Jul 16 '19
The Texas Rangers are finally back at their ballpark and they could use some home cooking. Rashan Gary Youth Jersey . The Oakland As may be the perfect guests.The Rangers open a seven-game homestand with a three-game series beginning Monday night against AL West rival Oakland. Texas is coming off a 3-6 road trip out of the All-Star break.The West-leading Rangers (57-42) did win the final two on the road at defending World Series champion Kansas City. Sundays 2-1 victory ended a stretch in which the Rangers played only four home games in a 28-day span beginning on June 27.Very nice way to end this road trip, Texas manager Jeff Banister said. Opportunity to win a series, get back on a winning track, put a couple of games together than obviously were hard fought.Starting pitching has been an issue for Texas over the last three weeks. The Rangers did get consecutive solid starts out of ace Cole Hamels and A.J. Griffin against the Royals, and more help appears on the way.General manager Jon Daniels indicated Sunday that injured starters Derek Holland and Colby Lewis will rejoin the rotation on the first day theyre eligible to come off the disabled list, Aug. 20 and 21, respectively.Daniels also admitted the club could be in the market for a rental to boost the rotation before the trade deadline Aug. 1.I was hoping we wouldnt consider rentals, Daniels told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Were always open for long-term, controllable acquisitions.The injuries to the staff led to the reversal of ground for the Rangers, who have seen what was once a 10-game lead chopped to 2 1/2 games.With a healthy rotation we would, like we did last year, not consider rentals, Daniels added. Its still not my preference, but weve got to be open to it.Though the As (45-54) are last in the AL West, theyve been hot since the All-Star break. Oakland is 7-3 since baseball resumed and is on a three-game winning streak, including Sundays 3-2 victory over Tampa Bay on Billy Butlers go-ahead home run in the eighth inning.The As took the lead in the eighth or later in each of the three wins against the Rays. Oakland has also won three consecutive series for the first time since 2014.Winnings definitely contagious, Butler told MLB.com. I feel like when you come from behind or make surges late, once you do them you have confidence as a team that youre going to do it.Oakland opens its nine-game road trip by sending right-hander Daniel Mengden (1-5, 5.52 ERA) to the mound against Texas. The Rangers counter with lefty Martin Perez (7-7, 4.37).The Rangers and Oakland are playing in Arlington for first time this season. The As have gone 4-3 in the first seven meetings, all in Oakland, but have lost the last three. Oakland will visit Globe Life Park for a series once each in July, August and September.Texas is 29-15 at home this year. Paul Hornung Packers Jersey . Tevez, who has had conflicts with coaches in the past, has not been called up since Sabella was named coach in 2011. Argentina boasts Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Angel Di Maria. Darnell Savage Jr. Packers Jersey . Emery skated the length of the ice and fought an unwilling Holtby during the third period of the Flyers 7-0 loss Friday night in Philadelphia. He was given 29 penalty minutes, including a game misconduct. But Emery did not face even a disciplinary hearing with NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan because rules 46. http://www.packersrookiestore.com/Packers-Ray-Nitschke-Jersey/ . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- After losing three straight, the Nashville Predators got a balanced effort to get back on the winning track.Kevin Fiala and Viktor Arvidsson scored two goals each as five Predators players came through with their first points of the season to lead illness-depleted Nashville to a 5-1 victory over the defending champion Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday night.Calle Jarnkrok also scored, P.K. Subban and Filip Forsberg each added two assistse, and Juuse Saros had 34 shots for his first NHL victory.It is part of Juuses growing process and how he is evolving through this organization, Nashville coach Peter Laviolette said. He has been off to a terrific start in (AHL) Milwaukee with three one-goal games and he has one-goal game here. He really bailed us out.Saros was one of the five players recalled from Milwaukee to fill in for several Predators players still suffering from food poisoning. The problem has been attributed by team officials to chicken soup as part of the pregame meal in Detroit on Friday night.We were much less sick for this game, Laviolette said. But they didnt get a chance to eat much. They couldnt keep anything down.Scott Wilson scored in the opening minute of the game for Pittsburgh. Marc-Andre Fleury gave up the five goals on 23 shots through the first two periods before being replaced by Mike Condon, who stopped all seven shots he faced in the third.We have to become a more difficult team to play against, Pittsburgh coach Mike Sullivan said. It starts with our decision making but its beyond that at this point.We show signs when we have our game together and we are hard to play against and we show other signs where we dont make the right decisions.Arvidsson tied the score on the power play at 3:08 of the first period, and Fiala beat Fleury with a wrister to start a four-goal second with his first of the season at 2:26.I was happy for Kevin, Laviolette said. He has been working hard, but you arent seeing it on paper. He built a lot of confidence playing on one of our top lines. He was a big contributor.Jarnkroks wrister made it 3-1 just past midway through the period with his ffirst point of the season, and Fiala got his second goal about a minute later for his first career multi-goal game. Dave Robinson Youth Jersey. rvidssons second of the game and third of the season, into the top right corner of the net, capped the scoring with 36 second left in the second.It only took 52 seconds for Saros to give up his first goal in his second NHL start. Wilson skated in to beat Saros to his glove side with a wrist shot.I just tried to start the game all over again after that shot, Saros said. You cant keep thinking about those goals. You have to continue to keep playing.It was great to get my first NHL victory. It was an amazing thing. It was even better to get it against Pittsburgh since Fleury was one of my early idols. I have spent a lot of time watching his highlights.Saros credited his teammates with making his job a little easier by keeping the area in front of the net clear.I give a lot of credit to the guys in front of me particularly on rebounds, Saros said. They kept guys out of the front of the net so I could see the puck well. It was a lot of fun to play behind those guys.Pekka Rinne, Mike Fisher, Craig Smith and Colton Sissons were all sidelined dealing by the illness. Along with Saros, the others called up were forwards Frederick Gaudreau, Trevor Smith, Austin Watson and Harry Zolnierczyk.Game notes Nashvilles Yannick Weber and Saros each earned their first assists of the season. ... The five goals were the most allowed by Fleury in a game this season. ... Nashville placed Cody Bass on injured reserve with an upper-body injury. ... Nashville set a franchise record with the power-play goal, the ninth of the season in the first five games, beating the previous record of seven set in 2005-06 and 2002-03. ... Pittsburghs Matt Cullen, who played two seasons for the Predators, became the 59th player in NHL history to play in 1,300 games. ... Gaudreau made his NHL debut for Nashville.UP NEXTPenguins: Host Florida on Tuesday night.Predators: At Anaheim on Wednesday night. ' ' '