ies with a touchdown, and Alec Morris added 26 | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jul 17 '19
Bode Miller is leaner these days, about 20 pounds lighter than hes been in quite a while. Michael Thomas Saints Jersey . His left knee no longer aches, either, which hasnt been the case in nearly 12 years. This is a new version of Miller training for the Sochi Olympics, one who will no longer simply attack downhill courses with a reckless abandon sure to either win him a race or send him flying. No, Miller vows to be more strategic and tactical this season, especially with his surgically repaired knee -- the one that sidelined him all of 2012-13 -- finally fixed. Sure, he will still take risks -- thats simply part of his DNA -- but those gambles will be much more calculated. Hes also skiing in the memory of his younger brother, Chelone, a charismatic snowboarder who died of what was believed to be a seizure in April. "I absorbed a lot of his energy when all that happened," Miller said Wednesday in phone interview with The Associated Press after a training session in New Zealand with the U.S. squad. "Its tough. Real tough. It doesnt ever go away. Everybody who knew him dedicates a part of the rest of their life to him." Just 18 months after microfracture surgery that couldve ended his career, Miller is back on the slopes and feeling as fit as ever. He fully expects to be ready for the World Cup season opener in Soelden, Austria, in October and definitely back in customary Bode Miller form by the time Sochi rolls around in February. "My skiing came back really quick," said Miller, who has 33 World Cup wins, two overall titles and five Olympic medals on his resume. "Things have been great. The equipment feels good. My knee feels good. Im feeling really, really good." The year away from skiing has almost been therapeutic for Miller. Once he came to terms with it, that is. Then, he made the most of the break, spending time fishing off the back of his houseboat with his daughter, travelling with his wife, pro volleyball player Morgan Miller, and working on his golf game. Miller believes he needed to slow down in order to rush down the mountain again. "Felt great to have a break," Miller said. "It was an excellent time. I definitely am ready to be back on snow." And anytime he steps into the starting gate, hes among the favourites, even if he will turn 36 this season. "He still has it," said U.S. coach Forest Carey, whos working directly with Miller and Ted Ligety. "Bode is old enough and done enough in the sport, he doesnt have to prove anything to anyone." As for Miller altering his hard-charging style, well, Carey has one bit of advice -- keep being Bode Miller. "Hes really pulled some rabbits out of the hat before and the way he skis, yeah, if he makes it down, hes going to be fast," Carey said. "He just brings mad intensity and charges so hard. Its early, of course, just testing the knee out and seeing how its feeling. But so far, its all right." One thing Miller changed in the off-season was his workout routine. He will enter the season a shade over 200 pounds, a weight that will allow him to glide into turns instead of bullying his way through a course. "I have a lot less strain on my knee," he said. "It allows me to ski a different tactic, a different style. Im really psyched to give it a try, to reset some things and win some races." The subject of his brother remains a tender one for Miller. The two were tight. In recent years, Chelone Miller-- or "Chilly" as he was known -- was focusing on snowboardcross to earn a spot in Sochi. The 29-year-old died in the area of Mammoth Lakes, Calif. "I dedicate the rest of my life to him," Miller said. Miller is putting his knee through a rigorous workout this month as he trains in New Zealand alongside Ligety, the worlds top giant slalom skier. "I get to see what I need to be at," Miller said. So far, hes pretty much keeping up, too. No swelling or pain in the knee, either. Miller had surgery on his constantly troublesome knee in February 2012. He returned to skiing this spring as he squeezed in some light super-G training in Austria. "That was bumpy and fast and gnarly and felt great," Miller said. "I wasnt pushing 100 per cent, but that was great. Now, Im ready to rip." Hes certainly ahead of schedule compared to where he was going into the 2010 Vancouver Games. Back then, he was off all summer because, "I was kind of retired." Miller returned to training late that fall and went on to win Olympic gold in the super-combined, silver in the super-G and bronze in the downhill. "This time, Im starting at a more appropriate time, with the full time to get myself in shape and prepared for the World Cup season," Miller said. "Im comfortable and confident that I will be ready to race. "Im ready to go for it." Chauncey Gardner-Johnson Womens Jersey . PAUL, Minn. TreQuan Smith Youth Jersey . -- About a third of the way through the regular season, the Washington Wizards are at . http:///...-Hill-Saints-Jersey/ . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. DENTON, Texas -- Turner Smiley had seven receptions for 167 yards and two touchdowns and North Texas prevented Southern Mississippi from becoming bowl eligible with a 29-23 win on Saturday night.Willy Ivery ran for 111 yards on 18 carries with a touchdown, and Alec Morris added 267 yards passing with two scores for North Texas (5-6, 3-4 Conference USA).Ito Smith ran for 113 yards and two touchdowns for Southern Miss (5-6, 3-4). But the Mean Green largely bottled up quarterback Keon Howard, who completeed just 10 of his 26 passes for 135 yards and three interceptions. Archie Manning Womens Jersey. North Texas raced to a 20-0 second quarter lead. However Southern Mississippi rallied for 23 unanswered points, capped by a Stephen Brauchle 25-yard field goal for a 23-20 lead with 9:39 left.The Mean Green answered on the ensuing drive with an Ivery 11-yard TD run that gave them the lead for good. ' ' '