stings and Scott Boland will likely be | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
love520 Mai 4 '18
Dwaine Pretorius cricketing career was just beginning when it almost ended. Ted Ginn Jr Jersey . It was 2008, he was 18 years old and had been named in South Africas Under-19 World Cup squad, but he never got to the event. On the first of January that year, Pretorius tore the cartilage in his right knee and decided to study instead of play sport, at least for a while.I realised that sport is unpredictable and it would be a good idea to get my career sorted so that I would have something if cricket didnt work out, Pretorius, who has been named in South Africas squad for the one-off ODI against Ireland, told ESPNcricinfo. But my dad said that after I got my degree, he would financially support for a year or two to see if I could make it as a cricketer.Pretorius enrolled in an Accounting degree course at the University of Pretoria and for three years concentrated on his academics. He played for the student team but never ventured into anything more serious until he graduated. Even then, he contemplated furthering his education to become a chartered accountant (CA) before remembering the deal he had made with his father. We went on a family holiday and I said to my dad that when I am lying on my deathbed, Im not going to think that I should have tried to become a CA but I might think that I should have tried to become a cricketer.To pursue that ambition, Pretorius returned to his home province, North West, even though the teams coach, Monty Jacobs, warned him that there was little chance of breaking into the team. Monty said to me the squad was pretty settled and it would be tough to get a game but that I should come through and we could see, Pretorius said.The seeing, meant exactly that. For months, Pretorius trained and watched his team-mates play but did not take the field himself. It was very frustrating, he said. I felt like I was doing nothing and I started to wonder whether that was the best decision for me. Every time the thought came into my head, I reminded myself that I would regret not trying.Finally, in the last game of the season, in 2011, Pretorius got a look-in. He was selected for a three-day game against Kwa-Zulu Natal Inland and went wicketless in the first innings. Things got better when his turn to bat came. He scored 53 and then took 5 for 38 to set up the teams victory. The following summer, Pretorius was a regular and made a name for himself as an allrounder in the shortest format. In five T20 matches he took six wickets at 21.50 and scored 179 runs including two fifties at 59.66. He was awarded the T20 Amateur Cricketer of the Year award at CSAs 2012 prize-giving and was included in the Lions franchise squad to play in the Champions League T20 but his knee had other ideas.He suffered a second injury and required major surgery. At 23, he again thought his career had ended but after fighting his way back, he found a way to resuscitate it by changing his approach. Instead of trying to get quicker, he decided to get cleverer.In my rookie years I was obsessed with pace and I felt like I would never play for South Africa if I didnt reach 140kph. But after that, I shifted my focus, he said. I thought about what makes Vernon Philander so good as a player and I asked guys at the Lions and the answer they gave me was that he never misses his spot. In business terms, I thought that was part of the market I would carve out for myself.Pretorius put his efforts into accuracy, an awayswinger, and developing his all round game. He spent hours with Lions bowling coach Gordan Parsons and in the 2014-15 season was rewarded with a franchise contract. He became an important member of the Lions side and in the following year was judged the South African Cricketers Associations most valuable player across all formats. He was included in the South African A side to play in a quadrangular series in Australia this winter and is now one of three new names in the ODI squad, alongside Andile Phehlukwayo and Temba Bavuma.Unlike the other two, Pretorius isnt part of the squad for the five-match series against Australia that follows the Ireland game. Theres nothing I can do now, no more performances I can put before those matches, so its just about enjoying the experience, he said. It will give me a toe in the door and hopefully I will be able to show what kind of a player I am.So what kind of player is that? In his own words: A genuine allrounder who can offer something different. I want to be in a position to win games with bat or ball. I dont want people to say if Dwaine gets runs, we will be lucky. I want people to expect me to get runs and take wickets.South Africa are still searching for a two-in-one player they can rely on regularly and Pretorius will be up against Wayne Parnell, Chris Morris and Phehlukwayo in trying to claim the spot. Competition for the allrounder role is stiff but I think if I can get my batting solid, I can put some of those guys under pressure for their places, he said. But at the same time, I am not focused on trying to be better than someone else but on trying to be my best.For Pretorius, that means ensuring he puts himself in a position not just to play ODI cricket but to play Test cricket. That would be the ultimate. Maybe if I can score 500 or 600 first-class runs in a season, I will come into contention for a Test spot, he said. And so, at 27, Pretorius finds his career is beginning again. Manti Teo Jersey . U.S. District Judge Lorna G. Schofield in Manhattan agreed that lawyers on both sides could make their formal requests by Nov. 8. A hearing is scheduled for a day earlier. Jordan Siev, a lawyer for Rodriguez, wrote in a joint letter to the judge from lawyers on both sides that MLB lawyers planned to ask that the lawsuit be dismissed. Andrus Peat Jersey . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. http:///...-Brees-Elite-Jersey/ . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood will both be rested from Australias upcoming one-day tour of South Africa. Cricket Australia confirmed on Friday that the pair would not be named in the squad to allow them time to refresh ahead of the Australian summer. The move comes after captain Steven Smith flew home during the ODI series in Sri Lanka to give him a break ahead of the South Africa tour and home summer.The first Test of Australias home season - against South Africa in Perth - begins three weeks after the last ODI in Cape Town. Starc and Hazlewood are Australias two leading Test fast bowlers and will be key members of Smiths attack for the six home Tests against South Africa and Pakistan, and the four in India that follow.Hazlewood will return home immediately from the tour of Sri Lanka, having not been named in the T20 squad and with the ODI series already having been won. No fast bowler has delivered more international overs than Hazlewoods 509.4 over the past year, and of all bowlers only England offspinner Moeen Ali has sent down more balls.Starc will stay on in Sri Lanka for the last match of the one-day series and the two T20s that follow. Starc had a long injury lay-off in the first half of 2016 as he recovered from ankle surgery, returning to action in June during the one-day tri-series in the West Indies. However, despite being sidelined for six months from late November, Starc is Australias leading international wicket taker of the past year.Both Mitchell and Josh have had big tours of Sri Lanka and have a heavy workload ahead of them with ten Tests to be played this summer, national selector Rod Marsh said. Tommylee Lewis Jersey. As such, it is important they are managed appropriately and we believe missing the tour of South Africa is the right time for them to take a break.This also provides a good opportunity for some of our up-and-coming fast-bowler to push for selection. With a number of bowlers currently coming back from injury it is important for us to continue to build up a battery of quality fast-bowlers for Australia.Nathan Coulter-Nile will miss the series due to a back injury, but Victorian pair John Hastings and Scott Boland will likely be part of the squad after joining the group in Sri Lanka, where Hastings claimed a career-best 6 for 45 on Wednesday.James Faulkner will remain a key ODI pace bowler, while other contenders for a call-up could include South Australian pair Kane Richardson and Daniel Worrall, currently playing for Australia A in a one-day series in Queensland, and Victorias Chris Tremain, who did not play at all in last years Matador Cup but began the one-day A series with consecutive five-wicket hauls.Australias tour of South Africa begins with a one-off ODI against Ireland in Benoni on September 27, followed by five ODIs against South Africa in Centurion, Johannesburg, Durban, Port Elizabeth and Cape Town. Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys Jerseys From China ' ' '