they have a series in Chicago against the W they have a series in Chicago against the W | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jul 17 '19
ORCHARD PARK, N. JJ Arcega-Whiteside Jersey .Y. -- The one thing Joe Thomas hasnt lost so far during the Browns winless start is his sense of humor.Mention snow Buffalos forecast this weekend, and Clevelands tackle said: The ski slopes are happy.Bring up the Browns being in danger of going 0-16, and Thomas didnt miss a beat.Well, we wouldnt be the first team, he said with a distinct laugh.In 2008, the Detroit Lions were the first -- and so far only -- NFL team to not win during a 16-game season. The Browns (0-13), who play at the Bills (6-7) on Sunday, are in contention to double the list of futility.The best way Thomas knows how to deal with avoiding that possibility is preparing as diligently as he can and leaning on humor as a coping mechanism.Definitely this season you have to cope with the difficulties of not winning a game, the 10th-year veteran said. It could be overwhelming when you think of a whole season at one time and trying to avoid being 0-16.The Browns are running out of opportunities.Whats worse is Cleveland has actually lost 16 in a row, dating to a 24-10 win against San Francisco on Dec. 13. Yes, the Browns havent won in a calendar year.This years struggles are the result of yet another top-to-bottom upheaval, this time under Hue Jackson, their fourth coach since owner Jimmy Haslam took over in October 2012.Difficult as it might be to accept in the short term, Thomas supports what the Browns are doing by attempting to stockpile draft picks and build through youth. The key, he said, is sticking with a commitment to establish a semblance of continuity under Jackson.Part of the reason we havent been able to turn it around is instability leads to poor performance, Thomas said. But thats why Im so optimistic in our future because I think Jimmy Haslam has finally committed to this organization, this management team and coaching staff.The Bills are no strangers to revolving doors at coach, general manager and quarterback. Its a key reason behind why theyre in jeopardy of extending the NFLs longest active playoff drought to 17 years.And more change could be on the way with questions being raised about Rex Ryans job security after just two seasons.Receiver Sammy Watkins rallied to Ryans defense in saying he has no interest in Buffalo changing coaches.I dont want to keep going through all this craziness, Watkins said. That kills a player and a team and an organization.As a result, losing to the Browns is not an option.We cant let that let that happen, Watkins said. Itll look bad on everybody.What else to look for Sunday:TRAILING: The Browns have not had a lead in 13-plus quarters, dating to a 7-6 edge at halftime in a 28-7 loss at Baltimore on Nov. 10. Cleveland also squandered a 20-0 lead in a 25-20 loss to Baltimore on Sept. 18, and a 20-7 halftime lead in a 31-28 loss to the New York Jets on Oct. 3.FADING: Buffalo is coming off a 27-20 loss to Pittsburgh , in which running back LeVeon Bell had 236 yards rushing to set a Steelers franchise record, and a Bills franchise record for most allowed. A week earlier at Oakland, the Bills squandered a 24-9 third-quarter lead in a 38-24 loss at Oakland.Aside from a 16-0 win over a New England team minus quarterback Tom Brady (suspension), Buffalos five other wins are against teams with a combined record of 17-46-2.SNOW CROW: Browns running back Isaiah Crowell grew up in the South, but he runs like hes from the Midwest. Despite slippery, snowy conditions, Crowell gained 113 yards on just 10 carries last week in a loss to Cincinnati. He wanted more opportunities, but Cleveland fell behind 13-0, which changed the game plan. Crowell, who has three 100-yard rushing games this season, feels his running style is perfectly suited for the cold.I really feel its natural, he said.Informed Bell had 38 carries on a snow-covered field in Buffalo last weekend, Crowell said: Id take that.MEMORIES: Two of Thomas favorite games are wins over Buffalo. There was the Browns 8-0 win played during a blizzard that hit Cleveland on Dec. 16, 2007. And then there was the 6-3 victory at Buffalo two years later in which Cleveland starter Derek Anderson went 2 of 17 for 23 yards and an interception. Cleveland won on Billy Cundiffs 18-yard field goal with 23 seconds remaining, and set up by Buffalos Roscoe Parrish muffing a punt at his 16.Two completed passes, an NFL record, Thomas said. One of my many records in the NFL that Im proud of.ONE MORE YEAR: When asked if two seasons are enough to judge a coach, Buffalos Ryan smiled and said: I think three years is better.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Jerome Brown Youth Jersey . Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL. Wes Hopkins Womens Jersey . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. http://www.eaglesrookiestore.com/Eagles-Harold-Carmichael-Jersey/ . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15.MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Twins started this game sloppily and never recovered against the surging Kansas City Royals. Billy Butler had two hits and drove in two runs, Lorenzo Cain stole a home run from Trevor Plouffe with a leaping catch over the centre field wall, and the Royals beat the Twins 7-2 on Thursday for their ninth straight victory. The biggest letdown of the afternoon came afterward, for Aaron Hicks and Canadian Scott Diamond. The Twins sent their starting pitcher and centre fielder to Triple-A Rochester. Corner outfielder Oswaldo Arcia will be recalled, and the Twins will make another move on Saturday to replace Diamond on the staff. A native of Guelph, Ont., Diamond (5-10) was the only one in last years rotation assured of a spot this season after going 12-9 with a 3.54 ERA in 27 starts. This year, his ERA is 5.52 and he has only 45 strikeouts in 107-plus innings. In his 20th outing, the Royals tagged him for seven runs, nine hits and three walks in five innings, rendering a homer and a double by Justin Morneau of New Westminster, B.C., moot. "If youre not impacting the team and contributing at all, you dont deserve to be here," Diamond said. "Right now I just need to go down to Triple-A and figure some things out and hopefully come back." The 27-year-old underwent surgery in December to remove bone chips from his throwing elbow. Over his last 10 starts, Diamond went 1-6. Only two of those were turns of six innings or more and three runs or less. "I just need to get back to being aggressive and clear my head and reset a little bit," Diamond said. "I think right now Im trying to do a lot. I was fearful of this actually happening so I think because of it I was just trying to do too much." Hicks, who made the opening day roster after never playing in triple-A, has had quite a time adjusting to major league pitching. After a brief improvement right before the All-Star break, Hicks has regressed again. Hes hitting .192 with 84 strikeouts in 281 at-bats. Even a rebuilding team with time to develop prospects couldnt let that continue. "It looked like at one point he was going up the ladder a little bit, and now hes going right back down. A lot of poor at-bats. The kids trying. Hes playing a great centre field. Im happy with that, but unfortunately right now his swing is not where he wants to be. He needs some confidence too,&quuot; manager Ron Gardenhire said. Reggie White Youth Jersey. Managing the strike zone is what Hicks needs to work on the most. "This game is just a business. You have to be able to produce and produce on a daily basis. The past couple weeks I havent really been producing that well," Hicks said. Hicks said hell try to take the positive out of his demotion. "Just relax and be able to have fun playing the game and get that competitive edge back," he said. Andrew Albers, a native of North Battleford, Sask., is the leading candidate to be summoned to replace Diamond. The left-hander is 11-5 with a 2.86 ERA in 22 starts for Rochester. The Royals last won nine straight games when they opened the 2003 season at 9-0. The last time they won more in a row was a 10-game run in 1994, according to STATS research. The Twins were swept in a series for the eighth time this year. James Shields (6-7) gave up two runs on five hits and five walks in six innings for the Royals, but against a team that hasnt hit for power, hasnt hit with runners in scoring position and hasnt been stealing bases, he was never really in trouble. "That was an ugly series. Those guys came in here, wanted it more than us and found out ways to win games," Gardenhire said. "And we didnt. Striking out too many times. Missing too many opportunities." In the field, too. Plouffe misplayed at third a potential double-play ball to load the bases in the second inning, and Mike Moustakas and Justin Maxwell drove runs in to get the Royals on the board. "Balls off the wall. Guys not going to pick it up. Standing there watching plays. Overthrowing cutoff men. Not acceptable," Gardenhire said. The manager had a meeting after the game to address the lethargic performance with his players. "I thought that was pretty ugly. Our fans dont deserve to watch that," Gardenhire said. NOTES: Twins GM Terry Ryan said OF Josh Willingham (left knee) will leave for a rehab assignment with Triple-A Rochester this weekend. Willingham had surgery to repair a torn meniscus July 3 and said he hoped to be back with the Twins as soon as next weekend, when they have a series in Chicago against the White Sox. ... The Twins have three more games on this homestand, starting Friday with Houston. RHP Samuel Deduno (7-4, 3.18) will start the opener against the Astros, who have never been to Target Field. ' ' '