set up their foundation and to br | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
love520 Mai 4 '18
The Premier League throws up a midweek football feast as clubs return from FA Cup action to play the corresponding set of Boxing Day fixtures. Justin Anderson Jersey . And Sky Sports football expert Paul Merson has cast his expert eye over the latest round of top-flight games as the battle for silverware and safety continues. Last weeks PL predictions Result Merses prediction Norwich 4-5 Liverpool 1-1 C Palace 1-3 Spurs 1-2 Leicester 3-0 Stoke 2-2 Man Utd 0-1 Soton 2-1 Sunderland 1-1 Bmouth 2-1 Watford 2-1 Newcastle 0-1 West Brom 0-0 Aston Villa 1-1 West Ham 2-2 Man City 1-1 Everton 1-2 Swansea 4-0 Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea 3-1 Read on to see what the Magic Man is predicting in Wednesdays fixtures - and how he got on on Tuesday... Watford v Chelsea (Wednesday, 7.45pm) Odion Ighalo holds off Cesc Fabregas in Boxing Day draw at Stamford Bridge Chelsea should win this one. Theyve got the players to do just that and they seem up for it now. The players may be the same but Chelsea are a different team to when Jose Mourinho was there. Since Guus Hiddink has come in the players have really upped their games. Cesc Fabregas looks like the player he used to be, as does Diego Costa. If Chelsea can keep Troy Deeney and Odion Ighalo quiet they win this game. Its quite simple. I see a 2-1 Chelsea win with Costa scoring first.PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2 (8/1 with Sky Bet)Everton v Newcastle (Wednesday, 7.45pm) Tom Cleverleys late strike snatched Everton victory at St James Park on Boxing Day You just dont know what you are going to get with Everton. Last week I went with them to beat Swansea 4-0 and look what happened. I really thought Roberto Martinezs side would dominate Swansea, but they just didnt turn up. Theyve got star players but they just dont win football matches. It must be so frustrating to be an Everton fan. You look at the team when it comes out onto the pitch and think its a tremendous side.There are not many of those players that do not get in other teams in the Premier League. On the other hand, Newcastle have bought well this month and have played well in patches. But Everton have got too many good players and sooner or later they have to start winning football matches. Im backing Everton again, this time by a score of 3-1 with Romelu Lukaku scoring first.PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1 (11/1 with Sky Bet)Arsenal v Southampton (Tuesday, 7.45pm) Cuco Martina celebrates stunning opening goal against Arsenal This is a difficult game for Arsenal. Southampton have really turned a corner. They had a bit of a dodgy patch but theyve got a run going. Theyre not letting in too many goals and are very hard to beat making this one a potential banana skin for Arsenal.Having Alexis Sanchez back is a real boost for the Gunners and I also think the fact Per Mertesacker is suspended is a bonus too, because we all saw what Shane Long did to him in the reverse fixture on Boxing Day. Thats the way Southampton would have tried to play again, hitting long balls over the top of Mertesacker for Long to chase.Still, its a difficult game for the Gunners but one they will win because of the return of Sanchez. He will score the first goal for me in what will be a 3-1 home win.PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1 (12/1 with Sky Bet) - RESULT: 0-0Leicester v Liverpool (Tuesday, 7.45pm)Kasper Schmeichel was on Soccer AM saying Leicester are not talking about the title. For me, they should be talking about it. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the club, the players and the supporters. They are where they are at the top because they are a good team and they are playing well.These opportunities dont come along that often. I won the league at Arsenal one year, didnt win the next but then won it again the year after. After that we never looked like winning it again. Thats how quickly it changes. Its a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and they are speaking about not talking about it. Its beyond me. Christian Bentekes late strike saw Liverpool inflict Leicesters second PL defeat on the season in December The next three games define them. If they win all three they will be Premier League champions. If they lose all three they will be fighting to stay in the top-four. If you are not talking about winning it surely that makes you lackadaisical and it makes you think youve got a free swing at it.Its not a free swing. We are 23 games in, not five. However, I see them winning this game. They can beat Liverpool, who I think are a bit all over the shop at the moment. Im going for a 2-1 home win and Im also backing Jamie Vardy to be first goalscorer. I just cannot see how Liverpool will cope with Vardy.PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1 (9/1 with Sky Bet) - RESULT: 2-0Norwich v Tottenham (Tuesday, 7.45pm) Spurs will be looking for a repeat of their 3-0 victory over the Canaries I dont see anything other than a Tottenham win. They are absolutely flying at the moment. If you take a look at Norwich and their result the other week against a Liverpool side, who are not finding it easy to score goals and they let in five against them. Ive watched a lot this season and they create a lot of chances but just cannot put the ball in the net.Thats why the result against Liverpool was a real hammer blow for them. The one day they score four they let in five. Then you dont have a game for a while and thats even worse because you have a long time to stew over it. I just think Tottenham, who will miss Jan Vertonghen, are on fire. They have too much fire power and Im backing Spurs to win 3-1 with Harry Kane to grab the first goal.PAUL PREDICTS: 1-3 (14/1 with Sky Bet) - RESULT: 0-3Sunderland v Man City (Tuesday, 7.45pm) Yaya Toure starred in Man Citys victory over Sunderland I remember when Sunderland beat Man City 1-0 back in 2012 when Ji Dong-won went round Joe Hart to score the winner in injury time. However, it could have been 100-0 to City. It was one of the most one-sided games Ive seen but Sunderland popped up with the winner. Sam Allardyce is in a bit of a tricky position at the moment. Hes got four incredibly hard games coming up against some of the top teams in the league.Sunderland have to pick up a couple of points here or there and sweat on a few other teams down there dropping points, otherwise they could be well adrift by the end of this month. Anything is a bonus for Sunderland against City, whose away form has not been great in recent times. However, with Sergio Aguero, who I am backing for the first goal, rested at the weekend I will have to side with City in a 3-1 win.PAUL PREDICTS: 1-3 (10/1 with Sky Bet) - RESULT: 0-1West Ham v Aston Villa (Tuesday, 7.45pm) Aston Villas Jordan Ayew scores his sides first goal from the penatly spot against West Ham West Ham are a very good football team. Aston Villa were on a good run but after getting hammered by Man City 4-0, and now theyve got to travel to Upton Park, I think they are in trouble. With the likes of Dimitri Payet and Enner Valencia in their ranks West Ham are a top team and Id be shocked if Villa got anything from this game. I cant see anything but a home 3-0 win with Valencia the man to open the scoring.PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0 (14/1 with Sky Bet) - RESULT: 2-0Crystal Palace v Bournemouth (Tuesday, 8pm) Adam Smith challenges Pape Souare (R) and Jason Puncheon of Crystal Palace Crystal Palace had an excellent result at the weekend and I can see them going all the way in the FA Cup. If they can have a bit of luck they can have a real good crack at lifting the trophy this year. I think they can beat Bournemouth. Eddie Howes side played well the other week at Sunderland and should have won the game. They didnt and thats a real worry for me.Crystal Palace will be a lot more ruthless and I can see the home side winning 3-2. Emmanuel Adebayor has come in but he hasnt had any football. I would be surprised to see him involved so Im going for Wilfried Zaha to score the first goal.PAUL PREDICTS: 3-2 (40/1 with Sky Bet) - RESULT: 1-2Manchester United v Stoke (Tuesday, 8pm) Stoke heaped the pressure on United with a 2-0 Boxing Day win at the Britannia Derby played into Manchester Uniteds hands on Friday. The Championship side sat back and played the name rather than playing against the players at the club currently, who are not doing so well. Derby showed United far too much respect.When you play United you have to have a real go at them but Stoke have hit a brick wall all of a sudden. Going out of the Capital One Cup and then the FA Cup has been a real blow for them. Now they go to Old Trafford thinking their season is virtually over.Stoke have played some great stuff this year and have had a great season but in the blink of an eye they are out of everything. Im really not sure why, but I have a feel United will win this one. Its been a bad week at Stoke and I think it continues for them at Old Trafford. Im going for 2-1 United with Wayne Rooney scoring first.PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1 (15/2 with Sky Bet) - RESULT: 3-0West Brom v Swansea (Tuesday, 8pm) Ki Sung-Yueng of Swansea City scores against West Bromwich Albion I always think West Brom will be okay because of Tony Pulis. Hes too good at what he does for them to go down. Im not saying the players are too good, Pulis is too good. West Brom very rarely lose games when they cant afford to lose. Against Aston Villa the other week they were poor, but they did not lose. They got a point and those points add up in terms of a relegation battle.On the other hand, Swansea have turned a corner. They rode their luck against Everton but fair play to them, they got the result. Im backing a 1-1 draw here. I dont see West Brom losing games to the teams in and around them. Salomon Rondon can get the first goal for the hosts.PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1 (9/2 with Sky Bet) - RESULT: 1-1Think you know better than Merse? Take him on at Super 6 for the chance to win £250,000! Also See: Everton v Newcastle preview Watford v Chelsea preview Table Live on Sky Get Sky Sports Markelle Fultz Jersey . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. Charles Barkley Jersey . -- Teemu Selanne scored the first goal of his 22nd NHL season, and the Anaheim Ducks extended the best start in franchise history with their fifth straight victory, 3-2 over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. http://www.cheap76ersjerseyschina.com/darryl-dawkins-jersey/ . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars. Before Nungshi and Tashi Malik set off to climb Mt. Everest at age 21 in 2013, they hid a letter in the back of a closet in their parents home in India. If they didnt come back, they wanted their mom and dad to know how much they appreciated their sacrifices and encouragement.They also wanted the chance to say goodbye.The Malik twins, from the Himalayan town of Dehradun, grew up hearing what they could not do because they were girls. They were drawn to sports because during their field hockey and cricket matches they felt free from this gender bias. Once they walked off the pitch they were laughed at by their male classmates.?Their teachers even told them there was no future for girls in sports.Their father, Virender Malik, had other ideas. He was the only boy born to his family in the rural village of Anwali in northern India. He had four sisters and saw the advantages he received both from his family and from Indias society.In village life parents consider girls as a liability rather than an asset, Tashi Malik says. The challenges that are thrown at a girl are like invisible mountains.The twins father could see these mountains, but rejected the concept of gender inferiority. He was elated to have two healthy daughters and against the wishes of his family and in-laws decided to not try for a boy.I realized the world was bigger than just having a son, Virender Malik says. We have to overcome our own fears and not pass them down to the next generation.As children, Tashi and Nungshi remember a man approaching their father and saying that it was too bad he didnt have a son.?From that day on we decided that someday we would do something extraordinary to make parents realize that they are fortunate to have daughters, Tashi says.When his girls were young Virender Malik took them on hikes. He showed them the majestic Himalaya Mountains that were practically in their backyard and told Nungshi and Tashi that there was nothing they couldnt do.He also told them his own story about fighting societal barriers by marrying outside of his economic class and by becoming the first person from his village to enter the military. These stories inspired them.So did the mountains.After the twins graduated from high school in 2009, their father signed them up to a basic mountaineering course at the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering in India. Nungshi and Tashi excelled at this male-dominated sport. They discovered they had the right temperament and their bodies were perfectly?suited for extreme elevations. They also found that they could climb faster, longer and higher than some of their male counterparts.Mountaineering was a completely new world, Tashi says. It opened our horizons and we knew who we wanted to be in life.After climbing less than a year, the sisters set their sights on becoming the first female twins to scale Mt. Everest. This dream led to the loudest NO in their male-dominated culture, but from an unexpected source -- their mother.Nearly four years passed before she finally granted them her permission, and with this nod came the money to finance their trip, in part, from a loan she had obtained using all of her gold jewelry as collateral.I thought my girls were dainty and delicate, Anju Malik, the twins mother, says. But their mountaineering instructors assured me that they were made of steel.The 10-day trek to basecamp was transformational, and the twins began to feel connected to the mountain. Virender wanted to make the trip, but he spent all of his money getting his daughters there. He did so knowing that he might never see them again.When Nungshi and Tashi reached the Lhotse Face on their way to the summit, between camp two and three, they experienced something that changed their lives. Wholesale 76ers Jerseys. Their Sherpa, Mingma, just one year older than they were at the time, was climbing a 75-degree gradient ice wall when he clamped onto a wrong rope -- it had been there for many years, was brittle and snapped. From the foot of the wall, the twins watched Mingma plummet 2,000 feet and disappear into a unfathomable crevasse.All we could hear were the echoes of his screams, Nungshi says. We became numb. We didnt know what to do. We stood there for hours not sure what had actually happened.Returning to basecamp, Nungshi and Tashi could barely eat, think or move. Four days passed as they decided whether to make a bid for the summit or quit and go home. They texted their father, who motivated them to keep climbing in honor of their fallen Sherpa and for all of India. With mixed emotions they pushed forward and became the first female twins to summit Mt. Everest.We were at 29,000 feet, looking at the sunrise from under our feet and it gave us a sense of belonging and achievement for our nation, Nungshi says. But even while we were celebrating, we had this troubling thought that this could be the end.After conquering Mt. Everest in May 2013, the Malik twins turned their attention to the highest peak on every continent and finished the Seven Summits in December 2014. Tashi and Nungshi, then skied to the South and North Pole, completing the Explorers Grand Slam on April 21, 2015.At the age of 24 they became the youngest in history to accomplish this feat. They were also the first South Asians and the second fastest from start to finish, man or woman.Mountains do not discriminate based on gender, Tashi says. If youre passionate about what you want to do you have to back it with commitment.The Malik twins now have their sights set on the Four Icecap Challenge, which includes Patagonia, Greenland and a return to the Poles, but they are equally focused on their mission of empowering young women in India.***In 2015, the twins were selected to participate in the U.S. Department of State and espnW Global Sports Mentoring Program (GSMP), which matches female executives in the U.S. with young, emerging international leaders in sports. With guidance from Susan Cohig, a senior vice president at the National Hockey League, the twins set up the NungshiTashi Foundation, designed to help young girls in India obtain employment in the mountaineering industry.?Two of their many missions include pushing India to recognize mountaineering as an official sport and to look at the mountains as an opportunity to spark economic development in a region that is suffering stagnation.Nungshi and Tashi credited Cohig and the GSMP for giving them the tools needed to set up their foundation and to bring girls and sponsors through their doors.It was a revelation for us to meet so many women who were there to change the state of others and to make a difference in their own communities, Nungshi says. With the work we are doing, we want to open horizons for other girls to climb their own mountains.The hidden letter in the back of the closet was never needed. The Malik twins summited Everest and returned to show their gratitude by giving young women in India the same tools and opportunities that their parents gave to them.?Max Saffer is a Columbia Journalism School graduate and an avid golfer. He is working on his first novel. Follow him @maxavize Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys Jerseys From China ' ' '