ut, an 8-0 win over San Diego. He is 2-2 wiut, an 8-0 win over San Diego. He is 2-2 wi | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jul 18 '19
SYRACUSE, N. Alexander Radulov Stars Jersey .Y. -- A win is a win is a win. But when a 24-point, second-half lead shrinks to five, and youre outrebounded by eight, a victory doesnt feel quite as satisfying, especially at home.But survive is what Syracuse did Saturday.Andrew White scored a season-high 26 points and Frank Howard had 10 points, a career-high 13 assists and just two turnovers to lead No. 22 Syracuse to a 77-71 victory over North Florida on Saturday.Syracuse (5-2) survived North Florida (3-7) despite nearly blowing a 56-32 lead with just over 12 minutes left. Dallas Moore, who scored 31 points against Florida on Thursday, led the Ospreys comeback with a 30-point effort, including 22 in the second half, many of those points coming on NBA-range 3-pointers.Freshman Tyus Battle, inserted into the starting lineup for the first time this season by coach Jim Boeheim, had a career-high 19 points, 16 in the second half. Dajuan Coleman had a career-high 15 points.We established a 24-point lead, and played very well to get to that point, but we gave it back, Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said. We got some people in the game and they werent ready to play. It got real close. Thats what happens when youre not ready to play and compete. Thats disappointing. Our bench and rebounding have got to be better.The Orange were outrebounded 41-33.In particular, Boeheim was referring to guard John Gillon and forwards Tyler Roberson, a senior who lost his starting slot to Battle, and freshman Taurean Thompson.White, a fifth-year transfer from Nebraska, has scored in double figures in all seven games. He hit 7 of 13 from beyond the 3-point line. Battle was 4 of 5 from beyond the arc.I thought we fought hard, Moore said. At the 12-minute mark (down 56-32) we just decided to keep fighting, keep fighting and thats what we did. Defending and rebounding, that was the key. As long as we defend and rebound we can beat a lot of teams.And Moore hitting NBA 3s after adjusting to the expansive confines of the Carrier Dome.Their zone is different, I normally cant shoot from out there but those guys are so long. Its the best 2/3 zone Ive ever seen but down the stretch we got it going to cut the lead, he said. And the background is different, I was shooting long at first. I just had to see the ball going in a few times. But I adjusted and my teammates found me, and I started knocking down shots.Moores 3-pointer brought the Ospreys to 73-68 with just over a minute to go but three foul shots by Howard and another by Battle sealed the win for the Orange.BIG PICTURENorth Florida: Despite being ranked 305th nationally in defensive efficiency, the Ospreys hung in with Syracuse.Syracuse: Coming off losses to South Carolina and Wisconsin, the Orange continued to look sluggish, particularly on the offensive end in the first half, then got lazy defensively in the second. If not for White, Syracuse would be in much worse shape.POLL IMPLICATIONSNo. 22 Syracuse is sure to be missing from the Top 25, following Tuesdays loss at Wisconsin and Saturdays struggle against North Florida.UP NEXT:North Florida has week off before hitting the road against Arkansas.Syracuse meets up with former Big East rival UConn on Monday night at Madison Square Garden. Tyler Seguin Stars Jersey . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Mattias Janmark Stars Jersey . Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. http://www.thedallasstarshockey.com/radek-faksa-hockey-jersey/ . Los Angeles star goalie survived those perilous gymnastics with no problem, and he eventually backstopped the Kings to a skid-snapping win. Quick stopped 27 shots in his return from a 24-game injury absence, Jeff Carter scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:55 to play, and the Kings snapped their five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. LOS ANGELES -- Down three runs after five innings, the Los Angeles Dodgers werent worried. They rarely are these days.Yasmani Grandal homered twice, including a grand slam in the seventh inning, to rally them past the Colorado Rockies 7-4 on Thursday night.We always believe were going to win and that belief comes because weve done it before, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said.Their 50th home victory reduced the Dodgers magic number for clinching their record fourth consecutive NL West title to four. Their division lead remained at six games after San Francisco beat San Diego 2-1.Lets get this thing over, said Grandal, who was 4 for 4. Lets clinch this and win the division.Luis Avilan (3-0) got the win in relief, pitching a scoreless seventh with one strikeout.Kenley Jansen retired the side in the ninth for his 46th save in 52 chances.Its probably the most resilient team Ive been on, Dodgers starter Brett Anderson said. Were never out of it.Rockies starter Tyler Chatwood, who came in with a 7-1 road record, pitched Colorado to a 4-2 lead before leaving after six innings. Then the Rockies bullpen imploded.Jordan Lyles gave up a ground-rule, pinch-hit double to Andre Ethier to open the seventh. Boone Logan (2-4) took over and loaded the bases on two consecutive one-out walks. He then walked Adrian Gonzalez, forcing in a run and leaving the Dodgers trailing 4-3.Grandal followed with his second career grand slam, sending a 2-2 pitch into center field and giving the Dodgers their first lead of the game, 7-4.Logan gave up four runs and one hit in one inning, walked three and struck out none.We havent seen that from Boone all season, Colorado manager Walt Weiss said.Grandal hit a solo shot in the second for the sixth homer given up by Chatwood in his last four games.Weiss and third baseman Nolan Arenado were ejected in the seventh for arguing balls and strikes. Carlos Gonzalez lined into an unassisted double play at first base, where DJ LeMahieu was doubled off to end the inning.Making his first start since Aug. 20, Anderson gave up four runs and six hits in five innings. The left-hander struck out two and walked one after coming off the disabled list with a blister on his left index finger.Its finally good not to be a full detriment to the team, Anderson said. I feel good and my body feels good. I kind of look at this as my first actual start with everything being OK.The Rockies took an early 2-0 lead on an error by right fielder Josh Reddick and Daniel Descalsos sacrifice fly.LeMahieu extended his consecutive on-base streak too 38 games with a homer in the fifth, extending Colorados lead to 4-1. Jon Casey Stars Jersey. TRAINERS ROOMRockies: 1B Gerardo Parra was scratched an hour before the game because of illness and was replaced by Stephen Cardullo. ... 3B coach Stu Cole, hit by a ball during batting practice on Tuesday and taken to a Denver hospital, was back on the field Friday.WHAT A PLAYChase Utley made an amazing play on Chatwoods groundout to second base in the fourth. Utley went to field the ball and it escaped his glove as he spun around. Utley somehow grabbed the ball and flipped it with his right hand and his back turned toward first base, where Adrian Gonzalez was fully stretched to make the play that ended the inning.The legacy of Chase continues to grow, Roberts said. He makes this crazy no-look pass to first base. He said, `I cant believe I missed the ball.Utley called the play pretty lucky.VISITING VINIt was Weiss turn to visit Vin Scully. The team presented the 88-year-old Hall of Fame broadcaster with the letters `LAD from the Rockies scoreboard.His intellect and recall of the game is amazing, Weiss said. I didnt even think he would know who I was, but he knew everybody, even the guys who werent in jersey.Weiss played shortstop for Oakland against the Dodgers in the 1988 World Series. He told Scully he still has nightmares when he hears the call from Game 1 in which hobbled Dodgers pinch-hitter Kirk Gibson slugged the winning home run.Vin told me Gibsons home run was the most theatrical, Weiss said, and that (Hank) Aarons home run was the biggest moment of his career.HAPPY BIRTHDAYFormer Dodgers manager Tom Lasorda celebrated his 89th birthday Friday. With 68 years in the organization, he is the longest tenured employee with Scully second in seniority at 67 years. Lasorda serves as special adviser to the chairman. He was presented with a huge cake on the field before the game and the crowd sang Happy Birthday. Lasorda and wife Jo shared a kiss before the current Dodgers greeted him.UP NEXTRockies: RHP Jon Gray (10-8, 4.42 ERA) is coming off a franchise-record 16 strikeouts in his first career complete-game shutout, an 8-0 win over San Diego. He is 2-2 with a 3.38 ERA in five career starts against the Dodgers.Dodgers: LHP Scott Kazmir (10-6, 4.59) starts for the first time since Aug. 22 after missing 28 games on the disabled list with neck inflammation. He is 4-6 with a 4.11 ERA in 13 home starts this season. ' ' '