uke Parker (pick 40, 2010)Dane uke Parker (pick 40, 2010)Dane | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jul 18 '19
DALLAS -- It will take more than a quarter-season of historic production for Mark Cuban to admit that Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook has proved him wrong. Derrick Thomas Youth Jersey .Cuban, the outspoken Dallas Mavericks owner who declared during last seasons playoffs that Westbrook wasnt a superstar, said he still isnt convinced even though Westbrook is on pace to be the first player to average a triple-double since Oscar Robertson in 1962-63.Hes putting up superstar numbers. Thats for damn sure, Cuban said of Westbrook as the Thunder took on the Houston Rockets on Friday night. Im not taking anything away from what hes been able to accomplish, but Im not going to change my definition. Hes putting up superstar numbers. You cant deny that.Westbrook had 27 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists in Fridays 102-99 loss. It was his seventh consecutive triple-double, the longest streak since Michael Jordan had seven straight in 1989, and his season averages now sit at 30.9 points, 10.8 rebounds and 11.3 assists per game.Cuban said in April, about an hour before Westbrooks 36-point, 12-rebound, nine-assist performance in Game 5 of the first round to eliminate the Mavs, that a true superstar can carry a mediocre roster to 50 wins and a postseason series win. He noted that the Thunder failed to make the playoffs in 2014-15, when Kevin Durant missed most of the season because of a foot injury.Led by Westbrook, who has been first- or second-team All-NBA five times and is widely considered an MVP front-runner, the Thunder are 14-9 after Fridays loss and on a 50-win pace for the season. Oklahoma City will have to keep up that pace and perhaps pull off what would be considered a first-round upset for Cuban to recognize Westbrook as a superstar.Thats no disrespect to Russell, Cuban said. Hes been a beast. Few have done what hes done, but Ill stick by my definition. Im not saying that hes not going to prove me wrong and that he [wont be] a superstar by the end of the year. Thats fine, but Ill stick by my definition.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. Marcus Allen Jersey . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Khalen Saunders Womens Jersey . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. http:///...Thomas-Elite-Jersey/ . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. Too small. Too slow. Average foot skills. Lacking agility.The likes of Caleb Daniel, Nick Smith, Corey Enright and Shane Mumford had their share of doubters when they first pursued their AFL dreams.Now they shape as some of the most important players in the finals, and among the best draft steals of the modern era.There is perhaps no better story of a player overcoming his perceived weaknesses than the diminutive Daniel, who has quickly become one of the best young footballers in the competition.The 168cm Western Bulldogs midfielder is the smallest player in the AFL but more than makes up for it with his class, tenacity and ball-winning ability.Runner-up for the Rising Star award, Daniel has played 22 games this year and become a central part of the Dogs slick midfield.The 20-year-old was taken at pick 46 in the 2014 draft but could easily have been selected much earlier if he had a few more centimetres to his name.I cant control it. So Ive always thought Ive had nothing to lose by putting my head over the ball and cracking in, Daniel told the AFL players website last year.Being small doesnt dawn on me when Im out there on the ground - I like to think I play big.Arguably the player of the finals so far, versatile Bulldogs midfielder Liam Picken was taken as a mature-aged rookie in 2009.Picken tops a list of quality Dogs who slipped through to the rookie draft, including onballer Luke Dahlhaus, playmaker Jason Johannisen and All-Australian Matthew Boyd.Geelongs best draft steal dates all the way back to 1999, when they nabbed Corey Enright at pick 47.The Cats took a punt on the relatively-unknown South Australian after seeing videos of him playing for Port Adelaides under-18 side in the SANFL.It paid off handsomely, with the six-time All-Australian becoming one of the best half-backs of his generation aand helping the Cats to three premierships. Joe Montana Chiefs Jersey. The Cats had another win when they took former steeplechaser Mark Blicavs in the 2012 rookie draft.Influential big man Shane Mumford was dismissed by scouts as lacking the agility required for a modern-day ruckman before he was taken by Geelong as a rookie selection in 2008.A premiership star at Sydney in 2012, Mumford now shapes as a key player for the Giants and stands out as a late pick on a list dominated by talented first-rounders.Sydney have benefited from academy picks and a cost of living allowance which helped them to land the competitions biggest star in Lance Franklin.But the Swans have also thrown in some astute drafting.Overlooked in the 2007 draft, Nick Smith was taken by Sydney as a rookie selection and has since become one of the games most reliable small defenders, earning All-Australian selection in 2014.Partner-in-crime Dane Rampe spent three years playing in the seconds in Melbourne and Sydney before the Swans took him in the 2013 rookie draft.Rampe has since cemented his place in the Swans best 22 and was named in a back pocket in this years All-Australian team.The Swans also picked up co-captain Kieren Jack in the 2006 rookie draft and stole gun onballer Luke Parker at pick 40 in 2010.THE DRAFT STEALS WHO WILL SHAPE THE AFL FINALSGEELONGCorey Enright (pick 47, 1999)Mark Blicavs (rookie pick, 2012)GREATER WESTERN SYDNEYShane Mumford (rookie pick, 2008 - ex-Geelong/Sydney)SYDNEYKieren Jack (rookie pick, 2006)Nick Smith (rookie pick, 2007)Luke Parker (pick 40, 2010)DanDALLAS -- It will take more than a quarter-season of historic production for Mark Cuban to admit that Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook has proved him wrong. Derrick Thomas Youth Jersey .Cuban, the outspoken Dallas Mavericks owner who declared during last seasons playoffs that Westbrook wasnt a superstar, said he still isnt convinced even though Westbrook is on pace to be the first player to average a triple-double since Oscar Robertson in 1962-63.Hes putting up superstar numbers. Thats for damn sure, Cuban said of Westbrook as the Thunder took on the Houston Rockets on Friday night. Im not taking anything away from what hes been able to accomplish, but Im not going to change my definition. Hes putting up superstar numbers. You cant deny that.Westbrook had 27 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists in Fridays 102-99 loss. It was his seventh consecutive triple-double, the longest streak since Michael Jordan had seven straight in 1989, and his season averages now sit at 30.9 points, 10.8 rebounds and 11.3 assists per game.Cuban said in April, about an hour before Westbrooks 36-point, 12-rebound, nine-assist performance in Game 5 of the first round to eliminate the Mavs, that a true superstar can carry a mediocre roster to 50 wins and a postseason series win. He noted that the Thunder failed to make the playoffs in 2014-15, when Kevin Durant missed most of the season because of a foot injury.Led by Westbrook, who has been first- or second-team All-NBA five times and is widely considered an MVP front-runner, the Thunder are 14-9 after Fridays loss and on a 50-win pace for the season. Oklahoma City will have to keep up that pace and perhaps pull off what would be considered a first-round upset for Cuban to recognize Westbrook as a superstar.Thats no disrespect to Russell, Cuban said. Hes been a beast. Few have done what hes done, but Ill stick by my definition. Im not saying that hes not going to prove me wrong and that he [wont be] a superstar by the end of the year. Thats fine, but Ill stick by my definition.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. Marcus Allen Jersey . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Khalen Saunders Womens Jersey . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. http:///...Thomas-Elite-Jersey/ . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. Too small. Too slow. Average foot skills. Lacking agility.The likes of Caleb Daniel, Nick Smith, Corey Enright and Shane Mumford had their share of doubters when they first pursued their AFL dreams.Now they shape as some of the most important players in the finals, and among the best draft steals of the modern era.There is perhaps no better story of a player overcoming his perceived weaknesses than the diminutive Daniel, who has quickly become one of the best young footballers in the competition.The 168cm Western Bulldogs midfielder is the smallest player in the AFL but more than makes up for it with his class, tenacity and ball-winning ability.Runner-up for the Rising Star award, Daniel has played 22 games this year and become a central part of the Dogs slick midfield.The 20-year-old was taken at pick 46 in the 2014 draft but could easily have been selected much earlier if he had a few more centimetres to his name.I cant control it. So Ive always thought Ive had nothing to lose by putting my head over the ball and cracking in, Daniel told the AFL players website last year.Being small doesnt dawn on me when Im out there on the ground - I like to think I play big.Arguably the player of the finals so far, versatile Bulldogs midfielder Liam Picken was taken as a mature-aged rookie in 2009.Picken tops a list of quality Dogs who slipped through to the rookie draft, including onballer Luke Dahlhaus, playmaker Jason Johannisen and All-Australian Matthew Boyd.Geelongs best draft steal dates all the way back to 1999, when they nabbed Corey Enright at pick 47.The Cats took a punt on the relatively-unknown South Australian after seeing videos of him playing for Port Adelaides under-18 side in the SANFL.It paid off handsomely, with the six-time All-Australian becoming one of the best half-backs of his generation aand helping the Cats to three premierships. Joe Montana Chiefs Jersey. The Cats had another win when they took former steeplechaser Mark Blicavs in the 2012 rookie draft.Influential big man Shane Mumford was dismissed by scouts as lacking the agility required for a modern-day ruckman before he was taken by Geelong as a rookie selection in 2008.A premiership star at Sydney in 2012, Mumford now shapes as a key player for the Giants and stands out as a late pick on a list dominated by talented first-rounders.Sydney have benefited from academy picks and a cost of living allowance which helped them to land the competitions biggest star in Lance Franklin.But the Swans have also thrown in some astute drafting.Overlooked in the 2007 draft, Nick Smith was taken by Sydney as a rookie selection and has since become one of the games most reliable small defenders, earning All-Australian selection in 2014.Partner-in-crime Dane Rampe spent three years playing in the seconds in Melbourne and Sydney before the Swans took him in the 2013 rookie draft.Rampe has since cemented his place in the Swans best 22 and was named in a back pocket in this years All-Australian team.The Swans also picked up co-captain Kieren Jack in the 2006 rookie draft and stole gun onballer Luke Parker at pick 40 in 2010.THE DRAFT STEALS WHO WILL SHAPE THE AFL FINALSGEELONGCorey Enright (pick 47, 1999)Mark Blicavs (rookie pick, 2012)GREATER WESTERN SYDNEYShane Mumford (rookie pick, 2008 - ex-Geelong/Sydney)SYDNEYKieren Jack (rookie pick, 2006)Nick Smith (rookie pick, 2007)Luke Parker (pick 40, 2010)Dane Rampe (rookie pick, 2013)WESTERN BULLDOGSCaleb Daniel (pick 46, 2014)Liam Picken (rookie pick, 2009)Luke Dahlhaus (rookie pick, 2011) ' ' ' Rampe (rookie pick, 2013)WESTERN BULLDOGSCaleb Daniel (pick 46, 2014)Liam Picken (rookie pick, 2009)Luke Dahlhaus (rookie pick, 2011) ' ' '